Jellicle Ball: The Guest Book

Old October 24th 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

Default Jellicle Ball: The Guest Book

On Oct 24, 8:19*am, "Rebecca" wrote:
Hello, Misty. Itz nice to see yurownself.

Rebecca

"Bobcat" wrote in message

On Oct 23, 12:55 pm, "Rebecca" wrote:

[Rebecca sets up a table with a guest book for all the kitties to sign.]

Dere. Pleez, efurrykittee, take a momint to sine da buk wile yoo iz heer.

Old October 24th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

Welkum, Howse uv Barnes. Ize glad to see yurownselfz.

Rebecca

"Granby" wrote in message
Piglett followed by O T and Willow walk to the guest
book. Piglett signs as does Willow. O T^ it iz ok iffin u wantz ta wait
for yourown wifekitty before signing da took. They quiet walk away and
take their seats with tears of sorrow and at the same time joy for the
gift of the RB and the love of Bast for the kitties.

Old October 25th 10, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

A greige classic tabby approaches the guest book, stops for a moment to
check whether another kitty is approaching, and then signs, barely legibly
but very sincerely:

Louise Sylvia Rubin

Welkum, Madam Purrsident. Ize glad yoo kud take a brake frum yurown retreet
to attend da Jellicle Ball.

Rebecca

Fangu. I know Ball most impurrtant so make sure I attend. My prezens
iz part of my duty.

Louise
Old October 25th 10, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Little Kitty

On Oct 24, 2:26*am, Bobcat wrote:
On Oct 23, 9:17*pm, Little Kitty wrote:

A much relieved black cat walks up to the table, sees the feathered
pen and glances around for Laura Ann;s flute.

Fangu, Rebecca, fur doing this. *I wuz afrayd I'd missed it. *It is
such and impurrtant part of our tradishun. *Do yew or anykitty know
how many yeerz we hav had thuh Jellicle Ball? *Meowmie duzn't know
anymore.

She hugs Rebecca and then signs in:

Little Kitty House of Knop

Meow thinks the 1st Jellicle Ball was in 1996 so this would be our
15th Jellicle Ball Do we have an OFFICIAL Historian *who knows all our
Lore?!?

Timari's Black Mystique, House of Ruskin- Hide quoted text -

I thot thuh historyan wuz thuh House of Ruskin.

Little Kitty
Old October 25th 10, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Little Kitty

Dere. Pleez, efurrykittee, take a momint to sine da buk wile yoo iz heer.

Rebecca

A much relieved black cat walks up to the table, sees the feathered
pen and glances around for Laura Ann;s flute.

Fangu, Rebecca, fur doing this. *I wuz afrayd I'd missed it. *It is
such and impurrtant part of our tradishun. *Do yew or anykitty know
how many yeerz we hav had thuh Jellicle Ball? *Meowmie duzn't know
anymore.

She hugs Rebecca and then signs in:

Little Kitty House of Knop

[elderly tabby ushers her clowder to the table]

Mietze, House of Patterson/;Guyette
Neko, House of Patterson/Guyette
Azad, House of Patterson/Guyette
Ella, Housse of Patterson;/Guyette

Hello, Little Kitty, so nize to see yurownselv! *Dis is da 15th
annyuall Jellicle Ball, da furrst wun wuz in 1996.

Mietze- Hide quoted text -

Hi Mietze, my frend. Gently hugs Mietze) Fangu fur telling us.
Timari's Black Mystique, House of Ruskin sez this too. I thot thuh
House of Ruskin wuz thuh historyan. Maybe yew are?

Little Kitty, proud to hav attended fif Jellicles
Old October 25th 10, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Oct 24, 9:03*pm, Little Kitty wrote:
On Oct 24, 2:26*am, Bobcat wrote:

On Oct 23, 9:17*pm, Little Kitty wrote:

A much relieved black cat walks up to the table, sees the feathered
pen and glances around for Laura Ann;s flute.

Fangu, Rebecca, fur doing this. *I wuz afrayd I'd missed it. *It is
such and impurrtant part of our tradishun. *Do yew or anykitty know
how many yeerz we hav had thuh Jellicle Ball? *Meowmie duzn't know
anymore.

She hugs Rebecca and then signs in:

Little Kitty House of Knop

Meow thinks the 1st Jellicle Ball was in 1996 so this would be our
15th Jellicle Ball Do we have an OFFICIAL Historian *who knows all our
Lore?!?

Timari's Black Mystique, House of Ruskin- Hide quoted text -

I thot thuh historyan wuz thuh House of Ruskin.

Little Kitty

Shawnee's Bonnie, House of Ruskin -- aka Bonnie the Black Panther, BL
(Which stood for Black Lighting after the number of cats whose ears
she "boxed". TED referred to as the "Cat from Hell" ) only left a
scattering of her notes, most of which dealt with her wink-wink "Sir
Galaxy" of the Moon ( A WHITE Cat I will assume ) and some of the
stories of rpc, the rpc "wars", the story of the Tuna Boat and the
Kadburry Monster but those are incomplete.

Many cultures have an oral tradition where one person -- a Master
Story Teller -- is taught the history of the tribe and s/he learns the
tales and s/he trains her/his replacement and so on. We need a CAT who
can learn our ORAL traditions so they can be told at each year's
Jellicle Ball, including all the tales, how the Ball Came to Be, why
we use Formal Names at the Ball, and so on. Sadly I am not a direct
descendant of Bonnie the Black Panther, but rather a distant relative,
but somehow inherited some of her "Powers of the Night" as she called
them as it seems to pass to mother to daughter but apparently skips
generations, I learned all to well when I was a kitten i had a power
to disappear, and cause poor Bobcat to go crazy looking for me,
sometimes for hours!!! Now I like to do it just for fun, and to teach
the D*G how much he loves me!!! I never learned all the stories,
except for what she left behind.

Maybe we need to find our own Master Story Teller, and we should make
it a highly honored position. I would be glad to contribute to the
archives so our History can NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

Timari's Black Mystique, House of Ruskin aka Misty, the Black
Panther, Mistress of the Night
Old October 26th 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

six very qweet kittees arrife atta guest buk table, OEJ looks through the
buk and sees that rosco has signed for storrmmee, she turns to storrmmee,
your husbandcat has signed ursef in so go and find hisef... purlese infite
hisef and hisown fambly ta sit wif uses durin da kallin of da namez.

she turns back to the buk and signes.

O.E.J. house of Asher/Grass
then in order of arrival at their house.
Trudence, house of Asher/Grass
Chester, house of Asher/Grass, he leaves the line above his name for his
wife kitty to sign as he likes herown writin so muc
Barbi, house of Asher/grass
Mathew/harold, house of Asher/grass

after all cats have signed, oej clears herown throat,

this isa spekalli sad year for all uses, purlese remfur dat along wiffa
sadness its alzo a timeta celibrate da lifez of doze who haf gone befur, so
go anna find yourown skorts ifin ursef haz one anna enjoy what urcan of da
actifiteez, purleze infite yourown skortsa to sit wif uses durin da kallin
of namez anna twibutes, anna remfur abofe all elze, konduct ursefz in sucha
way ta make yourown honoreez prowd uf ursefz,

OEJ

Old October 26th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

oej hugz herown furnd, smilez anna sayz, haf ursef seen stt? OEJ
"Rebecca" wrote in message
Welkum, deer frendz!

Rebecca

Old October 26th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:55:24 -0700, Rebecca wrote:

[Rebecca sets up a table with a guest book for all the kitties to sign.]

Dere. Pleez, efurrykittee, take a momint to sine da buk wile yoo iz
heer.

Rebecca

Amelia approaches the table and signs "Amelia T. Cat". She then makes
room for Booker to sign. He is followed by Sammy, who signs for himself,
Ranger, and Lilith. Finally Harri approaches the book and signs, very
boldly, "Harri Roadcat", then makes room for OT to sign.