Where are you from?

Old February 24th 05, 04:26 PM
L. (usenetlyn)

Margaret Fine wrote:
Katz wrote:

Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?"

thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't

fixed
in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but

almost
always lived in this state.

I live in the USA. I grew up in Whitehouse, Ohio and moved to State
College, PA when I was twenty. After living in State College for 9
years I moved to Cary, NC which is right next to Raleigh.

I lived in Cary, too. Beautiful part of the country but I HATED living
there - too xenophobic for me. I lived close to a really nice park
just south of the airport - I forget what it was called. Awesome
wildlife there.

-L.

Old February 24th 05, 04:58 PM
melizabeth

Katz wrote:
Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?"
thread. That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I
haven't fixed in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

Wow, there are quite a few military people in this group.

Add me to the mix. I was born in a small town in Upstate New York, south of
the Finger Lakes, I went to school in Ithaca for 4 years, then went to grad
school at PennState, State College, PA (loved it!), lived in Greenville, NC,
moved back to NY and lived in the Poughkeepsie/Wappingers Falls area for 3
years (miss the gorgeous autumns), *then* I lived in Germany for 5 years
while working as a contractor with the military, *then* I married an AF guy
(with Willow's approval), and we moved to the UK. Now we are expecting to
move this summer stateside...hopefully NoVa. Willow joined me in
Poughkeepsie.

Old February 24th 05, 05:04 PM
Kreisleriana

On 24 Feb 2005 07:19:25 -0800, "Katz"
yodeled:

Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?" thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't fixed
in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but almost
always lived in this state.

Brooklyn, baby. Born and bred.

Theresa
Old February 24th 05, 05:13 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:58:59 +0000 (UTC), "melizabeth"
yodeled:

Katz wrote:
Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?"
thread.

PS Don't you mean "Where you from, B*TCH?"

(apologies to Jill )

Theresa
Old February 24th 05, 05:29 PM
Debbie Wilson

Born in Philadelphia, PA, moved to Boston MA when I was 2, then to
England when I was 4 1/2. Have lived in or close to Croydon, UK which is
just south of London, ever since then.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old February 24th 05, 05:42 PM
Nan

On 24 Feb 2005 07:19:25 -0800, "Katz" wrote:

Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?" thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't fixed
in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but almost
always lived in this state.

I'm a transplanted buckeye (Ohio) now living in Tennessee USA, just a
hop, skip and a jump from beautiful Dale Hollow Lake.

Nan
Old February 24th 05, 05:44 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-24, Katz penned:
Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?" thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't fixed in
my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but almost
always lived in this state.

I live in Longmont, Colorado, but prefer to think of myself as living in
Boulder, which is culturally more my style but which I can't afford.

I was born and raised in northern Virginia (DC suburbs) except for a 5-year
stint in Germany.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 24th 05, 05:48 PM
CK

I live in Vantaa, Finland. Have always lived in Finland, but not always
in Vantaa. Moved here in Dec. 1997 from Helsinki, where I'd lived up to
then. Vantaa and Helsinki are neighbours, and the Helsinki airport is
actually located in Vantaa, not that far from where I live.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old February 24th 05, 05:56 PM
Jo Firey

I was born just outside Washington DC in 1945.

We left to move to Alaska the morning after Martin Luther King was shot.

After three years in Anchorage courtesy of the US Air Force, we moved to
Yuba City CA (near Beale AFB) in 1971 and we are still here.

Jo Firey

Old February 24th 05, 06:27 PM
Bev

Marina wrote:

Katz wrote:

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Helsinki, the capital of Finland. I was born here, and have
lived here for most of my life, except when I lived in Cambridge,
Massachusetts as a child.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

New Zealand.

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.