Where are you from?

Old February 24th 05, 06:29 PM
Marina

Katz wrote:

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Helsinki, the capital of Finland. I was born here, and have
lived here for most of my life, except when I lived in Cambridge,
Massachusetts as a child.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 24th 05, 06:34 PM
Bobcat

"Katz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?" thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't fixed
in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but almost
always lived in this state.

Toronto Canada born and raised. Still here. Well, technically I'm in "the
former Municipality of Scarborough", the nearest suburb east of Tranna along
the Scarborough Bluffs overlooking Lake Ontario. A lot of Scarborough is
dreary strip malls and high-rises, hence the nickname "Scarberia", but we're
in an old house in an old neighbourhood near the lake - it feels more like a
small town than part of a big metropolis.

Old February 24th 05, 06:37 PM
Lois Reay

"Bev" wrote in message

New Zealand.

Bev

And I live 15 minutes away from Bev.

Lois

Old February 24th 05, 07:20 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On 24 Feb 2005 07:19:25 -0800, "Katz" wrote:

Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?" thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't fixed
in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but almost
always lived in this state.

I've lived in Ohio all my life, except for one year where I lived in
St. Petersburg, Florida.

Ginger-lyn

Old February 24th 05, 07:26 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Katz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?" thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't fixed
in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but almost
always lived in this state.

BC, Canada... Currently in Nelson, but returning to Sun Peaks this summer.
SP is the ski resort near Kamloops.

--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old February 24th 05, 07:38 PM
Katz

Mathew Kagis wrote:

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat
En Vino Veritas

Mathew--How did you like the movie Sideways? I assume w/all the wine in
your siggy, that you saw it.
Katz

Old February 24th 05, 07:53 PM
L. (usenetlyn)

Magic Mood Jeep=A9 wrote:
Katz wrote:
Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?"
thread. That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I
haven't fixed in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but

almost
always lived in this state.

Currently living in Bloomington, Indiana (former home of Bobby

Knight,
current home of John "Cougar" Mellencamp, birthplace of David Lee

Roth
(former Van Halen front-man), and home to missing IU student Jill

Berhman
whose body was found last year in a field a county north, but no

killers
have been found yet).

Is she the blonde they thought was picked up by a trucker?

-L.

Old February 24th 05, 07:56 PM
L. (usenetlyn)

Debbie Wilson wrote:
Born in Philadelphia, PA, moved to Boston MA when I was 2, then to
England when I was 4 1/2. Have lived in or close to Croydon, UK which

is
just south of London, ever since then.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Hey I love your artwork! You should design nature-oriented children's
clothing.

-L.

Old February 24th 05, 07:58 PM
Cheryl

On Thu 24 Feb 2005 10:19:25a, Katz wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
oups.com):

Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?"
thread. That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and
I haven't fixed in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're
originally from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but
almost always lived in this state.

Hi Katz. I'm in Maryland (USA) and have only lived in roughly four
towns here. I'm a "stay put" sort of person, and since I was a mom
young, I never had a chance to roam around like some do before they
settle down. I just might do that when I'm retirement age.

--
Cheryl
Old February 24th 05, 08:18 PM
Yowie

"L. (usenetlyn)" wrote in message
ups.com...

Margaret Fine wrote:
Katz wrote:

Not long ago, somebody started a "What do you do for a living?"

thread.
That was real interesting. I'm a relative newcomer, and I haven't

fixed
in my mind where everybody lives.

What country/state do you live in? Is that where you're originally
from?

I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I've moved around a lot in PA, but

almost
always lived in this state.

I live in the USA. I grew up in Whitehouse, Ohio and moved to State
College, PA when I was twenty. After living in State College for 9
years I moved to Cary, NC which is right next to Raleigh.

I lived in Cary, too. Beautiful part of the country but I HATED living
there - too xenophobic for me. I lived close to a really nice park
just south of the airport - I forget what it was called. Awesome
wildlife there.

Great to see the USA has named a town after The Yowlet ;-)

Originally from Born in Rochester, UK, For the first 4 years of my life I
lived in South-End-On-Sea in England. In 1975 my parents decided to
immigrate to Australia, bringing myself and my younger sister with them.
Since then, I have always lived within a half-hour drive of Wollongong, NSW
(which is about an hour and a half south of Sydney). There are many places
in Australia I"ve fallen in love with, but my heart and home will always be
in the Illawarra.

Yowie