It's been nice, but...

Old August 30th 05, 04:24 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:20:05 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few
@$$holes determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

I still haven't heard anything from my mom - I don't know if she got to
safety before the storm hit or not, Sunday was her 80th birthday and I
didn't even get a chance to tell her happy birthday. Even if she is safe,
her home has been destroyed. My son-in-law's cousin is still missing
along with the foster children she was caring for.

I haven't heard from either of my brothers or their wives (I do know from
the news that their homes are under 25 feet of water), I haven't heard
from any of my nieces or nephews (again, except that their homes are under
water). My mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my daughter's home are
under water, so they'll be here with us for some months to come (thank
God). We know absolutely nothing about neighbors and friends we grew up
with except that their homes are either destroyed or are under water too.

And yes, my daughter's dogs are probably dead, and yes, it was my daughter
and son-in-law's fault - but as hard as that is for us to bear, it still
pales in light of the larger tragedies.

Departing purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I have been and shall continue purring and praying for you and all the
victims of Nature. It is much too soon to give up. Hang in there -- hold
on -- the sun will shine again. I, personally, need to read more Mommy
stories and you are the only one to write them. I hope the next one will
be "Mommy wins the battle". Sincere best wishes. MLB

Old August 30th 05, 04:32 PM
hopitus

"Victor M" wrote in message
oups.com...
CatNipped wrote:
This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few
@$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

Lori,

I know it's simplistic, but just killfile the trolls and the group is
pretty much back to normal. Full of loving, caring people who would
never do anything to hurt you.
You are depressed right now, the last thing you need to do is distance
yourself from friends.
I hope you'll reconsider and filter out the crap. There is still lots
of good stuff in this group.

Victor

Victor, I don't think she realizes or is (probably) just too busy now to
discover that killfiling won't work. I don't Google (boring and difficult)
but from writing styles *plus* what I know about certain rpca regs I see
that the main
perp troll is posting here under @ least several socks (it
has a distinctive posting style, you must admit) plus a few others from our
sister (LOL) group who, bored, are trying to outdo each other w/sock
posting. You can't killfile all that, Victor. Main perp is using sig of a
reg who would never post such stuff, plus perp has small details screwed up
bad trying to be someone it's not here. They're all on
'Nipped's case because she has once more "put her business in the street" as
they say on Miami's mean streets.

Old August 30th 05, 04:54 PM
Kreisleriana

On 30 Aug 2005 08:16:40 -0700, "Victor M"
yodeled:

CatNipped wrote:
This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few @$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

Lori,

I know it's simplistic, but just killfile the trolls and the group is
pretty much back to normal. Full of loving, caring people who would
never do anything to hurt you.
You are depressed right now, the last thing you need to do is distance
yourself from friends.
I hope you'll reconsider and filter out the crap. There is still lots
of good stuff in this group.

Victor

what he said.

((((((Lori)))))))
Theresa
Old August 30th 05, 04:55 PM
Irulan

Lori, at least your daughter and her family are safe. Thank heaven for that.
We are purring and praying very hard that the rest of your family is safe
and unharmed. What a catastrophe, we can only pray. Please take care.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 30th 05, 05:10 PM
-L.

hopitus wrote: They're all on
'Nipped's case because she has once more "put her business in the street" as
they say on Miami's mean streets.

Bull****. I'm on "Nipped's" case because she thinks it is perfectly
fine to leave dogs behind to drown, and even has the nerve to post
about it here. That so many of you support this type of choice is
extremely appalling. Would you EVER leave your cats behind? Ever? Of
course not. There is no excuse for this type of animal neglect.

The only one in that family who deserves sympathy are those poor dogs.
I at least hope they went without too much struggle.

-L.

Old August 30th 05, 05:10 PM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
And yes, my daughter's dogs are probably dead, and yes, it was my daughter
and son-in-law's fault - but as hard as that is for us to bear, it still
pales in light of the larger tragedies.

Departing purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I can understand needing a break from the rude ***holes who kick people
when they're down, Lori. Just try not to make longterm decisions when you're
so worried and upset. We'll still be here if and when you need us.

I'm so sorry about all the terrible news the hurricane damage has brought.
Thank goodness your daughter and her family are physically safe, even with
the tremendous loss they took. I think their priorities to save their
children and get the hell out while they could were entirely reasonable, as
heartbreaking as it must have been to have to leave their dogs behind. It
was a huge national disaster, and I don't think blame is helpful to anyone,
right now. Nobody can control a hurricane, or its destruction. I hope
you'll hear from your mother SOON so you'll know she's safe.

{{{{Catnipped}}}}

Melissa

Old August 30th 05, 05:24 PM
Helen Wheels

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

They're on their way for you and your family and friends, and everyone
else I've never met who's been affected by this horrible storm.
Old August 30th 05, 05:31 PM
hopitus

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

hopitus wrote: They're all on
'Nipped's case because she has once more "put her business in the street"
as
they say on Miami's mean streets.

Bull****. I'm on "Nipped's" case because she thinks it is perfectly
fine to leave dogs behind to drown, and even has the nerve to post
about it here. That so many of you support this type of choice is
extremely appalling. Would you EVER leave your cats behind? Ever? Of
course not. There is no excuse for this type of animal neglect.

The only one in that family who deserves sympathy are those poor dogs.
I at least hope they went without too much struggle.

-L.

I don't consider you a perp or troll; you got issues but @
least your posts are honest; you are who you are and non-apologetic. Never
assume because majority of us say nada re never-ending posts of a few that
we support what they post. As you know, some people have zero common sense.
What you say is result of what *I* said: putting your business in "street"
of 'Net. Of course I would never leave my cats behind to a 'cane.....I'm old
FL cracker stock...we rode out every 'cane when I lived there...for Andrew
we (cats included) were all in bathtub under a
queensize mattress. But we aren't talking about me; I've heard (read) more
than I ever wanted to know about some posters' personal lives here and the
last thing they need is encouragement to feed us more of it (gag).
Sidebar: I've been briefly to one infertility ng to lurk and I *do* have
empathy for those people, being a parent. I would like to let them know my
'rents were trying 10 years before I, the oldest, arrived to their great
joy, then
4 years later, my sister, 5 years later, 'lil 'bro. Why don't you tell 'em
for me? I don't hang there.

Old August 30th 05, 06:10 PM
Karen

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

hopitus wrote: They're all on
'Nipped's case because she has once more "put her business in the

street" as
they say on Miami's mean streets.

Bull****. I'm on "Nipped's" case because she thinks it is perfectly
fine to leave dogs behind to drown, and even has the nerve to post
about it here. That so many of you support this type of choice is
extremely appalling. Would you EVER leave your cats behind? Ever? Of
course not. There is no excuse for this type of animal neglect.

The only one in that family who deserves sympathy are those poor dogs.
I at least hope they went without too much struggle.

-L.

Well, I disagreed too. I totally believe that the dogs could have been
planned into an evacuation, and indeed, anyone on the coast is a nut if they
do not have a specific evacuation plan that includes the entire family
(incouding pets) but I'm not on her case. It is useless. It doesn't help the
dogs. It's not going to help some phantom future dog out there. It just
turns people off. And you are definitely enjoying this. It's just as wrong,
IMO and accomplishes nothing except your own self satisfaction. All it has
done is turn this into you and your enemies own little private war thread.

Old August 30th 05, 06:11 PM
Jo Firey

"hopitus" wrote in message

Darlin, our kill files would work better if those we really don't want to
killfile would refrain from replying to, or at least from quoting the dregs.

I know, I forget too.

Jo