What a Wonderful Day!!!

Old December 7th 05, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default What a Wonderful Day!!!

This is just wonderful!! Seriously!! They had been predicting for a
day or two some winter weather so I told the kitties yesterday to purr
for bad weather so Meowmie and Daddy could stay home with them and
build a big fire in the fireplace. It worked!!

When we went to bed last night, the weather guessers were predicting a
wintry mix of precipitation to start around mid-day today. So we
thought we would have to get up and go in to work and then try and
leave when it got bad. Not such a great thing, since we now live off
of 2-lane country roads. However, joy and bliss! When we went to
leave this morning, it had already started!! No sense trying to get
in to work!! We went back inside, I fixed a big breakfast and Eric
started a roaring fire. After eating, we bundled up under blankets
and kitties and read our books. I'm in my study now, listening to the
ice pellets hit the window and looking at a beautiful junco perched in
the crape myrtle tree outside my window. I've seen quite a variety of
birds at my feeders today, 2 species of woodpeckers and a Carolina
wren as well as the usual visitors (titmice, chickadees, cardinals and
this time of year, finches and juncos). The kitties are loving having
the fire and laps available at all times!! It's a veritable
purr-fest!!!

It's also very cold for us....It was 29F this morning when I first
looked and, at last check, it was 19F (-1C to -7C for you folks on a
reasonable system...) So we anticipate having several furry "bed
tumors" appearing when we go to bed tonight!!

Well, speaking of bed, I think it's time for a nap and then, perhaps,
an apple pie to bake?

Stay warm....
Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old December 7th 05, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-07, Lucy's Mom penned:
This is just wonderful!! Seriously!! They had been predicting for
a day or two some winter weather so I told the kitties yesterday to
purr for bad weather so Meowmie and Daddy could stay home with them
and build a big fire in the fireplace. It worked!!

Bah humbug! It snowed all day yesterday, but no one got to stay home.
It's a very slippery snow; my car has AWD and I am still sliding
around. I never remember having this much trouble with mere snow.

Monday, we had winds with gusting up to 90+ MPH. It was trash and
recycling day, so there was trash all over the neighborhood and glass
broken everywhere.

And today, the high is 6F. I think that's -14C.

Brrr.

Jealously yours,
Monique.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 7th 05, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Just right for mugs of hot chocolate and some serious calorie intake!

--
Sandra

Old December 7th 05, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Oh my....I'm so sorry you had to get out in the weather. That does
sound positively Brrrrr.....

Try and stay warm...
Kim
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:38:14 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"

Old December 7th 05, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

We like a mix of coffee and hot chocolate...We're on the third pot of
coffee!!

Old December 7th 05, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Send it to Florida it was in the high 70's for the last couple days :^)

Old December 7th 05, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

You want cold???? You can't HANDLE the cold!!!

*grin*

On 2005-12-07, NMR penned:
Send it to Florida it was in the high 70's for the last couple days
:^)

Old December 7th 05, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lucy's Mom wrote:
[...]

They are predicting some sort of winter "storm" here tonight. I'll believe
it when I see it. However, we had a very mild winter for the last few years
so maybe this will be the one.

Who posted the link to www.lehmans.com ? Have some oil lamps on hand in
case the electric goes out, and be thankful you have a fireplace (I do! and
lots of wood, too!) A warm cat helps, as well

Jill

Old December 7th 05, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-07, Lucy's Mom penned:
Oh my....I'm so sorry you had to get out in the weather. That does
sound positively Brrrrr.....

Try and stay warm...
Kim

Honestly, I shouldn't be complaining. My house is heated, my office is
heated, and even my car starts up and warms up pretty quickly. When I
think about it, that makes me pretty lucky.

I hope that all of the people without warm homes in the area were able
to find shelter ... but I doubt it =/ Last year a man was run over
because he was sleeping on top of a vent in the street to keep warm.

Old December 7th 05, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Last Saturday we had a record high of 89F!!!
We were working outside in shorts and sweating!!!

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:18:07 GMT, "NMR"
wrote:

Send it to Florida it was in the high 70's for the last couple days :^)

. ..