Emergency purrs urgently needed

Old October 30th 03, 04:58 AM
Daniel Mahoney

Default Emergency purrs urgently needed

The fires in southern California have burned beyond the areas where I
ane my family members live. But they are still burning and still
growing.

There is a wolf rescue center in Lucerne Valley, CA (Wolf Mountain
Sanctuary, www.wolfmountain.com). They provide a home for 17 rescued
wolves. The fire hasn't reached Lucerne Valley yet, but it's likely that
it'll reach there before long. I'm trying to coordinate some outside
resources to help get the wolves evacuated, but it's proving to be a
monumental task. These wolves could use your best and strongest rescue
purrs.

In San Diego County, just outside the community of Julian, is another
wolf rescue center (California Wolf Center). The situation in Julian is
so severe that all residents have been evacuated - in some cases
involuntarily. The staff at the rescue center had to leave as well. It
will be several days before the rescue center staff will be able to find
out the fate of the wolves under their care. The situation is such that
no further rescue efforts are possible - nobody can get into the area.
We jsut have to wait, pray, and see how things stand when the fire is
gone.

These two wolf centers could use all of the purrs and prayers you can
spare.

Dan

Old October 30th 03, 05:03 AM
lrulan

Purrs and prayers for all the animals in the fire area. We hope they are all
saved.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

news:7f54cae91ae23f2f2f8338aaad70f114.117863@mygat e.mailgate.org...

Old October 30th 03, 05:25 AM
Mary

I'm trying to coordinate some outside
resources to help get the wolves evacuated, but it's proving to be a
monumental task.

I helped coordinate a possible wildlife sanctuary evacuation which did not need
to be evacuated. A lot of Fish & Game wildlife rehabbers were all willing to
help with large animal crates and horse trailers. We are licensed. Maybe we can
help? Email me.
Old October 30th 03, 05:37 AM
Yoj

[...]

Purrs for those wolves, and for all the other animals and people whose
lives and/or homes are in danger, as well as for those who have already
lost their homes.

Joy

Old October 30th 03, 06:06 AM
Marina

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote

These two wolf centers could use all of the purrs and prayers you can
spare.

How terrible, Dan! Many purrs coming over for the wolves, and kudos to you
for trying to do something about it.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 30th 03, 07:03 AM
Karen

in article ,
Daniel Mahoney at
wrote on 10/29/03 9:58 PM:

[...]

I'm praying for every living thing I can in those fires.

Karen

Old October 30th 03, 07:10 AM
Helen Wheels

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Purrs for all the Californians in danger whether 4-legged or 2.
Here in Aus we know just how terrifying bushfires can be.
Helen Wheels

Old October 30th 03, 09:30 AM
Sheenah

[...]

We just have to wait, pray, and see how things stand when the fire is
gone.

These two wolf centers could use all of the purrs and prayers you can
spare.

Dan

I wish you success in your efforts and we'll all continue to either hope or purr for no more fires
to break out, for the existing fires to be very quickly brought under control, for there to be no
more human or animal casualties or properties destroyed and for much-needed rain.

Sympathetically yours

Sheenah