'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

Old February 21st 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default 'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

wrote in message
ups.com...
I saw it on the news too, but wonder if the 6 pounds is in error?
Maybe converted incorrectly? Surely evern a 30 pound cat could not eat
6 pounds of food per day! That is i/5 his weight. Think of 1/5 of
your weight. Could you eat 25 pounds per day??

Error or not, it's wayyy too much, huh?

Old February 21st 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"RobZip" wrote in message

wrote in message
Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
exaggerated?

Joyce

Not a hoax. I saw the same video of the poor thing being helped up on the
bed on CNN. The owner blames the huge size on the cat having a large
appetite. The reporter commented on just how does the cat aquire 6 pounds

of
chicken every day. This cat seriously looked like a bloated, ready to pop
tick.

Didn't it? My husband and I sat there watching the program, eyes huge and
mouth dropped open. That cat weighs more than all three of mine combined!
6 pounds of chicken a day? My hubby did the math and said that's about 2
whole roasters for that cat every day. When we roast a chicken for us, 1
single chicken, it lasts for 3 meals.

kili

Old February 21st 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

It really seems to me that this type of overweightness HAS to be genetic. I
can see the dry food cats really gaining but to be eating largely protein
and gain this kind of weight is not just excess calories (I don't believe
anyway). I don't think ALL overweight problems are genetic, but I seriously
believe there is something genetically out of whack for this kind of
obesity.

"NMR" wrote in message
news

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Old February 21st 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NMR" wrote in message
news

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat .

I saw it on the BBC news. Poor cat , I felt so sorry for it.
Alison

Old February 21st 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I'm sorry but what the beep is wrong with people? As far as I am
concerned that guy is abusing his cat by not controlling what it eats,
and if it was in England and I knew him I would report him to the RSPCA
for cruelty, it makes me so mad! It reminds me of a documentary I saw
called something like Feeders, which was about people who fed and
encouraged morbidly obese people to get even bigger, thus in effect
abusing and sometimes killing them.

Grrr

Marcia

Old February 21st 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
Helen Miles wrote:

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but
prefers to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
for the poor cat. (

Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
exaggerated?

Joyce

Which site Joyce if you are talking about local 6 site it is a news
channel website not a tabloid site all that stuff you see is happening or
has happened in Florida or the world

Old February 21st 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NMR" wrote in message
news
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

It's basically animal abuse. Poor cat :-(

helen s

Old February 21st 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"RobZip" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
exaggerated?

Joyce

Not a hoax. I saw the same video of the poor thing being helped up on the
bed on CNN. The owner blames the huge size on the cat having a large
appetite. The reporter commented on just how does the cat aquire 6 pounds of
chicken every day. This cat seriously looked like a bloated, ready to pop
tick.

I saw it on TV as well and noticed that even when just lying there his
breathing was labored.

-mhd
Old February 21st 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote in message
"RobZip" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
exaggerated?

Joyce

Not a hoax. I saw the same video of the poor thing being helped up on the
bed on CNN. The owner blames the huge size on the cat having a large
appetite. The reporter commented on just how does the cat aquire 6 pounds

of
chicken every day. This cat seriously looked like a bloated, ready to

pop
tick.

I saw it on TV as well and noticed that even when just lying there his
breathing was labored.

-mhd

I wanted to slap that cheesy grin right off the guy's face. What a cruel
idiot.