"World's Best" Cat Litter

Old April 2nd 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default "World's Best" Cat Litter

Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

Old April 2nd 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"cybercat" wrote in message
Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
Feline Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

--------
I have never tried it, but I remember reading a thread about it on either
this group or another cat newsgroup a couple of years ago, and people were
really singing its praises.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old April 2nd 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:02:53 UTC, "cybercat"
wrote:

Anybody familiar with this?

Yes. I switched to it when Ruf had his I-131 treatment for a
hyperthyroid condition. It met the requirements for disposing of
radioactive waste as it was both scoopable and flushable.

Ruf is finished with the radioactivity, but I'm not finished with the
"World's Best" cat litter. I find it to be superior to clay-based
kitty litter in that it clumps better, scoops better, and seems to
last longer. Ruf still manages to track it around, but it is also
softer than the clay litters and therefore doesn't scar the floors
when I step on it. It's also ended my wife's complaint about picking
up litter in the vacuum cleaner.

Yes, I'll endorse it, even though it seems to cost a little more.

--
My cat and I are very much alike: we're both gray, we're both fat,
and we both dig in his litter box.

Old April 2nd 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

On Apr 2, 7:02 am, "cybercat" wrote:
Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

Yes, I used this litter for a while. It's corn based and (to me),
smelled a little like corn flakes. I liked it. It clumped and
worked well. The only reason I stopped using it was b/c the local pet
store that carried it rarely had it in stock. The manager there said
the distributor was not reliable. Perhaps this doesn't apply to a
place like petfooddirect.

Rene

Old April 2nd 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

Anybody familiar with this?

Yes. I switched to it when Ruf had his I-131 treatment for a
hyperthyroid condition. It met the requirements for disposing of
radioactive waste as it was both scoopable and flushable.

Ruf is finished with the radioactivity, but I'm not finished with the
"World's Best" cat litter. I find it to be superior to clay-based
kitty litter in that it clumps better, scoops better, and seems to
last longer. Ruf still manages to track it around, but it is also
softer than the clay litters and therefore doesn't scar the floors
when I step on it. It's also ended my wife's complaint about picking
up litter in the vacuum cleaner.

Good to know. I have hardwoods, and you are right about clay.
I'll add some to my next Petfooddirect order.

Old April 2nd 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PawsForThought

I use Swheat Scoop and it works pretty well. I have used World's Best
but found the Swheat Scoop to work better and less expensive.

Old April 2nd 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"Rene S." wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 2, 7:02 am, "cybercat" wrote:
Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
Feline
Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

Yes, I used this litter for a while. It's corn based and (to me),
smelled a little like corn flakes. I liked it. It clumped and
worked well. The only reason I stopped using it was b/c the local pet
store that carried it rarely had it in stock. The manager there said
the distributor was not reliable. Perhaps this doesn't apply to a
place like petfooddirect.

Rene

I've tried the corn based and wheat based litters and find they get a very
unpleasant smell that is the litter stinking not so much the contents.
Different strokes and all that I guess but I won't use any of this kind of
litter. Once I've scooped I don't want the box to still have an odor.

Old April 2nd 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Priscilla H. Ballou

In article , "cybercat"
wrote:

Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the Feline
Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

You a shill for that seller? You seem to be dropping their name quite a
lot.

WBCL is what I use and love. I can buy it at lots of different places.

Priscilla
Old April 2nd 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
In article , "cybercat"
wrote:

Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
Feline
Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

You a shill for that seller? You seem to be dropping their name quite a
lot.

Priscilla! Gone for years, and you show up just as big an asshole as ever.

WBCL is what I use and love. I can buy it at lots of different places.

Why don't you shove the next bag up your ass. It might make you feel better,
and it will definitely make me feel better.

Old April 2nd 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Wendy" wrote
I've tried the corn based and wheat based litters and find they get a very
unpleasant smell that is the litter stinking not so much the contents.
Different strokes and all that I guess but I won't use any of this kind of
litter. Once I've scooped I don't want the box to still have an odor.

Eyyuu, me either. I imagine it smells like peed-upon corn. I think I'll
pass.