Fleas

Old August 15th 11, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Suzie-Q[_3_]

Default Fleas

Does anyone have any opinions or experience using food grade
diatomaceous earth sprinkled on/into carpets for treating
fleas?

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old August 15th 11, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chaniarts[_2_]

On 8/15/2011 8:49 AM, Suzie-Q wrote:
Does anyone have any opinions or experience using food grade
diatomaceous earth sprinkled on/into carpets for treating
fleas?

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/

treating? it doesn't work. the fleas are everywhere. this would only
control it in the places you sprinkle it.

i've used the bombs you set off and quickly vacate. it takes multiple
bombings over time to catch all the ones that are in the egg state.

read the package carefully.
Old August 16th 11, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

chaniarts wrote:
On 8/15/2011 8:49 AM, Suzie-Q wrote:
Does anyone have any opinions or experience using food grade
diatomaceous earth sprinkled on/into carpets for treating
fleas?

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/

treating? it doesn't work. the fleas are everywhere. this would only
control it in the places you sprinkle it.

i've used the bombs you set off and quickly vacate. it takes multiple
bombings over time to catch all the ones that are in the egg state.

read the package carefully.

Getting rid of the wall to wall and putting in hardwood floors helped a lot
in my house, but it was expensive.... It helps if all the cloth you have can
go through the laundry every few days.....

Old August 16th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
obsidianjg

On Aug 15, 11:49*am, Suzie-Q wrote:
Does anyone have any opinions or experience using food grade
diatomaceous earth sprinkled on/into carpets for treating
fleas?

Thanks in advance,

8^)~~~~~~ * * * Sue * * (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/http://int...m/malebashing/

I don't have any experience with the stuff you are using. But getting
rid of fleas isn't easy. I used Borax with some success, but it only
works on the ares you treated. I got rid of fleas by using Borax,
diligently vacuuming all "cat areas", and treating my cats with
Frontline. This only works if the flea infestation is in the beginning
stages. Once the fleas have settled in, you need stronger tools like
the bombs. But you still should treat your cats with Frontline or
Advantage or some similar product.