More Lilly updates

Old February 10th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default More Lilly updates

Best of luck to Lilly,

Rhonda

Speaking of livid bookie....i didnt intend to insinuate that you were
callled Dave by the way, i was taking a thread from the other posting
that i thought you had read & adding it you yours,lol!!!
Anyway, the point is got you all as far as the visit.
I have just typed a mile of posting and the damed thing said it was
succesful, but when I looked there wasnt a single word of it
there.AAAGGGH, I could Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ross and I mad ehte appointment to go and see poor old Lilly who as
you all know has been there all on ther tod since thursday lunchtime.
Speaking of livid bookie....I didnt intend to insinuate that you were
called Dave by the way, I was taking a thread from the other posting
that I thought you had read & adding it you yours,lol!!!
I will copy and paste it to this one so that you understand what I
meant,ok?
Anyway, the point is got you all as far as the visit.
I have just typed a mile of posting and the damed thing said it was
succesful, but when I looked there wasnt a single word of it
there.AAAGGGH, I could Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ross and I made the appointment to go and see poor old Lilly who as
you all know has been there all on ther tod since thursday lunchtime.
We were cordialy informed that we might be welcome to do so between
5-5.30 pm, so we got there @5 on the dot...& we waited,... & we
waited.... & by 6pm, she called us into her cubby hole and showed me
the xray that she had taken.
In The Grubby old thing she showed us that there was a dark area,so I
asked what it was & she told me that she had no idea @ all, that Lilly
had been given an enenema to clear her bowel because she was
constipated, & that she had a look at the bowel, but couldn't work out
what it was, so she massaged it along a bit in the hope that it would
work it's way out eventually.
I then asked how the operation went & she said it went fairly well,
but it was a bit touch and go regarding septacemia, that she couldn't
make any promises, but that she was also optomistic about her
(baring in mind that I know full well that no one has even bothered to
look at her since thursday lunch time, you can imagine how hard it was
for my to stand on my tongue and not simply let rip@ her.Especially
for those of you who know me- you will appreciate it was like folding
in a tornado of abuse)
Snow my back side, Paul made it to barnwell, so she could have come to
work, she simply pulled a sicky and blamed it on the snow!
She (BTW She is always the vet)
Having apologized & told me that it was simply beyond her control,
after admiting to Paul that she had sick horses, which was why she
went home on thurdsday afternoon, so that was the last time that Lilly
got any treatment or care...it really was all I could do not to launch
into full throttle...
once I had swalled that bitter pill, I asked her how she felt about
the prognosis was, & she took us both out to the back where she she
keeps all of her inmates (prisoners, for our american freinds)..& one
look at Lilly was enough to make me howl with tears, even Ross too...
She was lying there patheticaly and listlessly. We were already warned
that she was sedated, had a drip in because she was a touch
dehdrated...
(well of course she was, no one fed her or gave her any water since
the day previous at lunch time!!)
The moment she heard our voices though, her little head perked up &
she cried and meowled for us to come to her- she lolooked so
vulnerable and pathetic too, with green mucky eys,one of her front
paws straped up with her drip & oviously she must havew felt terribly
sore too with the spaying been done?
I then thought of lots of questions such as "do you think it is
possible that she might have had a stroke", to which the answer was a
catogorical NO!
"why do you think that she is drooling still", was answered with, "I
think it might be for attention"...funny because she has never done
that before....
"why do you think she was coughing", was
"I have no idea, but it isn't so bad now, is it"?
Is it possible that she might have a touch of flu"
Answer again was
"No"!
Are you giving her antibiotics for the eye infection",
Answer was
"No, I gave her a shot a couple of days ago so that should help clear
it".
"Don't you think a few more might help if she had/has septacemia"
Answer was , "she can't take anything orally, but when she is ready we
could try again"....
OMG..What do we do in the meantime? Wait for to die?
Anger goes beyond how I feel right now....
She left us at that point & I was cursing myself for a fool for not
taking my camera, so I got Ross to take a few on my mobile(cell
phone!!)..which the nurse herd so came to investigate what was
happening..
I explained that we were taking a few snaps for the rest of the
children to see as we felt it would be inappropriate to bring all 4 of
them...it usually works, & did this time too, but she asked us to ask
next time BTW-The nurse was her daughter today...Interesting, hey?
Whilst the nuse was there, I took the opportunity to ask her what time
their observations were done during the night, but she didn't know
because she didn't do lates...meanwhile Ross was giving me very
pointed stare's so i shut up because I realised that he must have had
his reasons to that..& he did
He mananged to find Lilly's notes, in which it states that the last
ob's are done @ 5.30 pm- the next ones are done the following mornig @
8.30 am
So we were right, there is no night cover at all... I am so sadened by
this.
In all the years I have used her, I have never had an overnight
patient with her, or I would have known &NEVER have takewn LILLY there
@ all....
Lilly was as delighted as we were, & even though she was sedated, she
crawled to the front of ther cage and did head rubs, a bit of slobbery
drooling, but it did stop afer a while once we were there for around
20 mins or so;it stopped completely too??
We played I love you, Kissy kissy, cuddles & talk in a silly high
voice which made her purr forever, but I noticed that her mouth was
open all the while we were there. Am I right in thinking that cats
open their mouths to pant? I wondered this becuse the heater was right
under her cage...it was ever so hot there... she loved seeing us
though & it was heart braking to leave her bewcause she wanted to come
with us too-I cried, I don't mind admitting it either. I hated it!!!
All too soon it came time to leave and we were gently reminded it was
closing time(
IT WAS MORE THAN WONDERFUL TO SEE HER AGAIN- I DID FEAR THAT I NEVER
WOULD
I am going to have to do something a bit later this morning because I
CAN'T LEAVE HER THERE!
It is a really dingy hole out the back & I wouldn't leave lilly's pet
cockroach there, seriously!!
In an ideal world "Bookie" ... I would like to take her to a vetinary
clinic in Hutingdon callled the CROMWELL SURGERY, ever heard of it?
The reason I say this is because it comes personally recommended by a
lady who runs a cattery in the village- & if they are good enough for
her, then I am more than sure they would be for me.....
Rhonda ~& Cindy, I would love to bring her home,. but with the line I
am terrified that I might mess up.
If you honestly feel that I can do it, I would. There is no place like
home, but if there is even a thought that I might not be doing the
right thing, then tell me so too please?
This is far briefer than the last post, but it is now nearly 3 am & I
am flagginfg for lack of sleep in three days now, so guess I had
better go and try and get some in case I do have to bring her home.
I don't want Lilly-Pads to be in there a moment longert than I have
to & will keep you all posted on how it goes later.
I will be around for the next half an hour or so, so if anyone is
still up, I would love to hear from you.
Grateful doesn't come near what i would like to thank you all for.
You have been a brilliant moral support & I thank you all for it too.
More updates when & if it all happens,but I intend to
SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
OF THIS.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheela...yWhenSheWasIll

Old February 10th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 9, 10:19 pm, "sheelagh" wrote:

SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
OF THIS.http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheela...yWhenSheWasIll

Based on what you posted
I would, line and all. (I assume you mean IV?)

They will instruct you of any special care.

Tell me this is not the mother who just had kittens?

Yes, try to get some rest.
--

You have every right to be totally ****ed, but being ****ed right now
is a drain on you.

Later, when the dust settles, I would have a word with the vet.

The right thing to do would have been NOTIFY you that she had to care
for sick horses.
The vet should have had Lilly moved to another facility! All of this
song and dance was
not necessary; it was undo duress on Lilly and her family.

ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A FEW CALLS

WORST! She put your Lilly on the line! DIDN'T SHE!

I hope you haven't paid her yet, I'd tell her to stick her ****ty
practice back up her arse.

Tell her to call me! I need something to flame anyway.

Barrys

Old February 10th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:19:00 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheela...yWhenSheWasIll

Oh, Sheelagh, these photos and your description of her condition are
absolutely heartbreaking. I am so sorry Lilly and you are going through
this.

I understand the fear you must have for leaving her there, but I don't
see that you had any choice tonight. You must be beside yourself with
uncertainty and anger. You have always said such positive things about
this vet, but to leave her patients unsupervised for so long is
unforgiveable. She should have arranged for someone to tend to them
while she tended to her horses. No question about it.

I'm almost always one to pull my animals out of the hospital and
administer their care at home, but she's just had major abdominal surgery
and if it's true she has septicemia, she needs to be in a hospital on IV
antibiotics. Septicemia is very dangerous, and often fatal. I'm very
concerned that Lilly has only had an injection of antibiotics several
days ago. Sheelagh, she needs to get to a hospital and she needs the
proper care. So get some sleep, then get up and make some phone calls in
order to figure out where you can take her, then transport her there very
gently. Stay calm and focused and take care of your girl, and let us
know when she is safely in the care of someone who can really help her.

--
Lynne
Old February 10th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 10 Feb, 03:46, "Barry" wrote:
On Feb 9, 10:19 pm, "sheelagh" wrote:

SRING HER ASAP LATER THIS MORING, REST ASSURED..I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE
OF THIS.http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheela...yWhenSheWasIll

Based on what you posted
I would, line and all. (I assume you mean IV?)

They will instruct you of any special care.

Tell me this is not the mother who just had kittens?

NO IT IS THE SMALL FAT HAIRY ONE (DON'T YOU DARE ASK....)
There is a link ther, you can have a look @ her, but the pics aren't
very good.
It is the birman @ vets, the mummy and kitties are all snuggled up
here right now

Yes, try to get some rest.

I will, just had to have a laugh first & you made me laugh sure
enough,
Have you heard that I am your sychophant lol....
You have every right to be totally ****ed, but being ****ed right now
is a drain on you.
You don't need any more holes in your cup.

Later, when the dust settles, I would have a word with the vet.

The right thing to do would have been NOTIFY you that she had to care
for sick horses.
The vet should have had Lilly moved to another facility! All of this
song and dance was
not necessary; it was undo duress on Lilly and her family.

ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A FEW CALLS

WORST! She put your Lilly on the line! DIDN'T SHE!

Now that was unforgivable, beleive me?!!!
I hope you haven't paid her yet, I'd tell her to stick her ****ty
practice back up her arse.

I gave the silly moo heffer(cow) about £90 on wednesday, damned idiot,
aren't I?
Tell her to call me! I need something to flame anyway.

I would so love to be a fly on the wall)
Barrys

BIG TIME LOL'S ON THAT ONE MATE
S)

Old February 10th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

wrote:
[...]

Thank you Lynne, you have just made up my mind for me.
I am going to ring the cromwell vetinary surgery & ask them if they
are willing to take lilly's care on from hence forth. I just don't
want to go in there calling another practise terrible!I can get
transport because I do drive 7 it is only 10miles down the road, so
should be ok- it comes recomended by another rescuer/cattery in the
village so I am optomistic

I am trying to think of how to explain that I have lost all faith in
her because it never sounds good one your pulling another practise to
pieces, does it?
If you can think of a way to explain, then I would love to hear it?
Thank you Lynne
S;o)

Old February 10th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 9, 11:18 pm, "sheelagh" wrote:

NO IT IS THE SMALL FAT HAIRY ONE (DON'T YOU DARE ASK....)

My lips are sealed!

There is a link ther, you can have a look @ her, but the pics aren't
very good.

better than my web cam for sure!

Yes, try to get some rest.

I will, just had to have a laugh first & you made me laugh sure
enough,
Have you heard that I am your sychophant lol....

check your mail.

I would so love to be a fly on the wall)

I'd tear her down to the white meat.

Barrys

BIG TIME LOL'S ON THAT ONE MATE
S)

d'jew read my post in rfc?
rec.food.cooking, subj: BURN
yule see why Im up

Old February 10th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"sheelagh" wrote:

I am trying to think of how to explain that I have lost all faith in
her because it never sounds good one your pulling another practise to
pieces, does it?
If you can think of a way to explain, then I would love to hear it?
Thank you Lynne

Why not just say you want 24 hour staffing (assuming Cromwell does) -
that should reason enough.

I've been reading this whole thread tonight and that vet is a
disaster!

Good luck to you and Lilly!

Old February 10th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:19:00 -0800, sheelagh wrote:

[...]

Sending non-stop purrs that Lily will recover her health. MLB

Old February 10th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Alan

HOLY **** SHEELAGH!!
I just saw the pics you had posted on your link. Your pet looks like a stray
on it's way to be euthanized at the pound. If your beloved critter was
healthy on drop off and has regressed to the pathetic state your photo's
illustrate, there is something afoot there and it ain't rambunctious
kittens! If it is infection, or bad reaction to anethesia your vet best be
showing some action or you show the vet some venom. Get away from the
golldurn computer and get hot on taking care of your charge. To envoke the
the sympathy you seem to need and get you into action - Play momma cat to
your Lilly. Be a bitch. Hiss and spit (so to speak) to the vet and, I
reiterate, if in your gut, you aren't happy with the proceedings, grab your
Lilly and move her to a place where she can be properly diagnosed and looked
after. There are two sides to every issue and I won't say your vet is a bad
one but he/she sure looks to be dropping the ball on this one.
I'm done.
Alan

oups.com...

Old February 10th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Sheelagh, I'm so glad you're getting her out of there. You may be
rescuing her just in time.

That vet has no business treating her. Sounds like she's just guessing
what it wrong.

Vets are not gods, and not authority figures to be afraid of. Vets are
just humans and they make mistakes -- but they should never act as yours
has. This is life and death for your cat and you don't have to apologize
or make excuses as to why you are taking her somewhere else. I know that
many people in England are very nice and very subtle, but you can't let
anything get in the way of saving your cat.

I'm so relieved you are getting her out of there. Don't back down,
Lilly's health is more important right now than stepping on the vet's toes!

Poor little thing, let us know how she's doing tomorrow.

Rhonda