OT Disenfranchised!!!!!!!!! (rant)

Old November 2nd 04, 05:43 PM
Kreisleriana

Default OT Disenfranchised!!!!!!!!! (rant)

I have been looking forward to pulling that lever for . . . never mind
how long. But I am trapped !!!! Trapped in the house by the gas
company!!!!!!!! DAMN THEM!!!!
My meter reading is supposed to be today. I TRIED to get the
appointment changed-- BUT NO!!!!!! It had to be today--ELECTION
DAY!!!!!!!! SO I have to WAIT here to let in the meter reader, or get
a penalty on my gas bill. And it is PAST NOON, and the DAMN meter
reader is not here yet!!!!!!!!!

THE GAS COMPANY DOES NOT WANT ME TO VOTE!!!

I smell a conspiracy. :P:P:P:

Theresa
Old November 2nd 04, 07:15 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
I have been looking forward to pulling that lever for . . . never mind
how long. But I am trapped !!!! Trapped in the house by the gas
company!!!!!!!! DAMN THEM!!!!
My meter reading is supposed to be today. I TRIED to get the
appointment changed-- BUT NO!!!!!! It had to be today--ELECTION
DAY!!!!!!!! SO I have to WAIT here to let in the meter reader, or get
a penalty on my gas bill. And it is PAST NOON, and the DAMN meter
reader is not here yet!!!!!!!!!

THE GAS COMPANY DOES NOT WANT ME TO VOTE!!!

I smell a conspiracy. :P:P:P:

Theresa

I'm confused. Your gas meter is INSIDE your home? Or is it behind a locked
fence?

However, I understand your irritation. I can't stand having to stay home
waiting for someone (repair person, delivery, etc.).

Jill

Old November 3rd 04, 02:40 AM
Yowie

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

I have been looking forward to pulling that lever for . . . never mind
how long. But I am trapped !!!! Trapped in the house by the gas
company!!!!!!!! DAMN THEM!!!!
My meter reading is supposed to be today. I TRIED to get the
appointment changed-- BUT NO!!!!!! It had to be today--ELECTION
DAY!!!!!!!! SO I have to WAIT here to let in the meter reader, or get
a penalty on my gas bill. And it is PAST NOON, and the DAMN meter
reader is not here yet!!!!!!!!!

THE GAS COMPANY DOES NOT WANT ME TO VOTE!!!

Your gas meter is *indoors*?????

Wow!

Although I'm quite sure all our meter readings are done remotely via
computer these days, every single one of our meters (gas, water &
electricity) is outside, and in the front part of the yard so that a meter
reader can check it without impinging on your private areas (you grant them
access and the right to be on your property as part of the contract of them
supplying the utility to you, but they are no more trespassing as anyone
else knocking on your front door without explicit permission from you
first).

The next question of course is.... is the outcome of the election worth more
to you than the penalty?

Yowie

Old November 3rd 04, 02:54 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:40:43 +1100, "Yowie"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

I have been looking forward to pulling that lever for . . . never mind
how long. But I am trapped !!!! Trapped in the house by the gas
company!!!!!!!! DAMN THEM!!!!
My meter reading is supposed to be today. I TRIED to get the
appointment changed-- BUT NO!!!!!! It had to be today--ELECTION
DAY!!!!!!!! SO I have to WAIT here to let in the meter reader, or get
a penalty on my gas bill. And it is PAST NOON, and the DAMN meter
reader is not here yet!!!!!!!!!

THE GAS COMPANY DOES NOT WANT ME TO VOTE!!!

Your gas meter is *indoors*?????

Yes.

Wow!

Although I'm quite sure all our meter readings are done remotely via
computer these days, every single one of our meters (gas, water &
electricity) is outside, and in the front part of the yard so that a meter
reader can check it without impinging on your private areas (you grant them
access and the right to be on your property as part of the contract of them
supplying the utility to you, but they are no more trespassing as anyone
else knocking on your front door without explicit permission from you
first).

I settled the question with a furious call to the gas company.
Without going into tedious detail, I convinced them to remove the
penalties on the bill, and I went off to vote.

Theresa
Old November 3rd 04, 06:14 PM
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:40:43 +1100, "Yowie"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

News here in England is that Bush has got in again. If he had a brain, he'd
be dangerous.
How do you USA catters like that he's managed it again, or who might you
have wanted instead in your ideal world?

Tweed

Old November 3rd 04, 07:47 PM
Yoj

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

News here in England is that Bush has got in again. If he had a

brain, he'd
be dangerous.
How do you USA catters like that he's managed it again, or who might

you
have wanted instead in your ideal world?

Tweed

He's dangerous anyway. It scares me to death, especially since he has
Congress and will soon pack the Supreme Court. I don't like Kerry, but
I voted for him because I felt he was less dangerous.

Joy

Old November 3rd 04, 11:34 PM
Elise

"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

News here in England is that Bush has got in again. If he had a

brain, he'd
be dangerous.
How do you USA catters like that he's managed it again, or who might

you
have wanted instead in your ideal world?

Tweed

He's dangerous anyway. It scares me to death, especially since he has
Congress and will soon pack the Supreme Court. I don't like Kerry, but
I voted for him because I felt he was less dangerous.

Joy

Bush also now has nothing to lose. He can't run again so there's really no
need for him to try to keep the voters happy. Short of an impeachable
offense he has free reign and all the back-up he wants from a republican
House & Senate.
Very, very scary.
--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)