Diet cat food question

Old April 26th 04, 06:21 AM
Mark Healey

Default Diet cat food question

My cats are dangerously over weight, big floppy belly. I like to let
them free feed. I changed to Iams hairball weight control. I'm
wondering if the "weight control" aspect of it is unpalatability.
They just aren't eating as much. It is also about a million degrees
here so they aren't moving much.

--
Mark Heaely
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com
Old April 26th 04, 06:59 AM
Jon C

My cats are dangerously over weight, big floppy belly.

I like to let them free feed.

Hmmm

Old April 26th 04, 06:59 AM
Jon C

Old April 26th 04, 08:00 AM
Leigh Bain

"Jon C" wrote in message
My cats are dangerously over weight, big floppy belly.

I like to let them free feed.

I love the new Purina Indoor formula myself my cats have actually lots
weight because they've been more active on it, which I found weird. I dunno.
I wish they would come out with the really large bags instead of the smaller
bags, saves me money because I just leave the food down all day and let them
manage it themselves, they do a good job. I have ADD so if I tried to put
down food at a certain time I'd end up starving them. We did tried that and
we did end up starving them lol on accident because we forgot *shrugs* just
leaving the food down is easier. The only problem is sometimes they will
gorge themselves but they'll just throw it up and re-eat their fill. But
since they've been on the indoor they've rarely gorged on it or thrown it up
at all, maybe three times total in 9 months. These cats are 4 and 5 years
old tho so don't take my word on it. They still play like kittens but are
ornery like teenagers Hope it helps. Look at www.purina.com I really
like their products my old vet really likes science diet - it's just
whatever your cat will like. Our cats had big bellies when they came out
here to vegas too but they have lost a lot of weight from the higher
activity that this indoor food has given them. I can't say it'll work for
any other cat tho. But I've been really happy with it. Really really happy
with it.