OT Disenfranchised!!!!!!!!! (rant)

Old November 4th 04, 02:07 AM
Annie Wxill

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
The worse thing is, in his first term he governed as if he had a clear
mandate, despite losing the popular vote. Can you imagine how he's going
to govern this time?
I just hope the democrats in the senate have enough cojones to prevent
another Scalia or Thomas from joining the Supreme Court.
Victor Martinez

We now have none of the checks and balances that were wisely put in place to
keep any one person or government body from having too much power.

For at least the next four years, we have a president with a mission,
nothing to lose, and a majority of both the house and the senate with the
same political bent.

With one or more appointments to the Supreme Court, the effect of this
administration and this election will last as long or longer than my
remaining years.

This concerns me beyond words. I'm having a really hard time comprehending
it right now.
Annie

Old November 4th 04, 02:44 AM

Victor Martinez wrote:

I just hope the democrats in the senate have enough cojones to prevent
another Scalia or Thomas from joining the Supreme Court.

If Kerry and Edwards are any evidence of Democratic cojones, we're all
in deep doo-doo.

11/2: "We're not going to stop fighting for this election until every
vote is counted!"

11/3: "We concede this election."

HUH? We're dead.

Joyce

Old November 4th 04, 02:53 AM

Yoj wrote:

He's dangerous anyway. It scares me to death, especially since he has
Congress and will soon pack the Supreme Court. I don't like Kerry, but
I voted for him because I felt he was less dangerous.

Same here, exactly. Kerry was less than inspiring. I just figured we'd
all be travelling the road to H*ll a little more slowly with him at the
helm.

Joyce

Old November 4th 04, 04:15 AM
Yowie

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

[...]

Thats the trouble with democracy - people who have the wrong opinion still
get to vote :-)

Yowie
(please note the smiley there)

Old November 4th 04, 04:22 AM
Yoj

"Yowie" wrote in message

Thats the trouble with democracy - people who have the wrong opinion

still
get to vote :-)

You got that right! ;-)

Joy