removing cat urine help

Old January 29th 05, 05:01 AM
Netmask

Default removing cat urine help

An old but working hifi amplifier in my Bali room has been attacked by a
visiting Tom - he decided to mark ownership of the said amp! My guess is
that it happened in the previous 10 days (because of the typical Summer
storms I hadn't used the pool or the Bali room) so it was dried out but is
very smelly. I have cleaned the external case but to no avail. As I am an
audio engineer I removed the circuit board from the case and cleaned up the
inside using isopropanol, checked for safety etc. It still works okay but is
there anyway
to eliminate the odour?

My polite desexed and toilet trained Burmese does not like it at all!!!! and
won't set foot in his normally best sunny spot where he
'plays' lifeguard'. So really I have 2 problems - elimination of cat odour
and how to convince my cat it's okay to go back in.

cheers
Netmask

Old January 29th 05, 02:37 PM
dragon

As Karen noted, here in the US there is a product called Nature's
Miracle sold in most pet stores. It does the best job of cleaning up
cat urine, poop and vomit stains of anything I've tried. Good luck!
dragon

Old January 29th 05, 07:07 PM
MacCandace

What is a Bali room?

I wonder if it 's the same as an Arizona room here in Arizna or a Florida room
in Florida--which is the same as an Arizona room. Sort of an indoor/outdoor
room, a glorified screened porch. Maybe he's in Bali and that is what they
call it there?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)
Old February 9th 05, 06:00 AM
Netmask

Worked out a technique using a local Australian product called Orange Power,
based on an extract from oranges so it's 100% natural. The secret is to get
it to dry as quickly as possible so what I did was spray it on the affected
area, left it for 10 minutes and then used an electric garden blower!! I
wouldn't recommend the petrol variety as the noise and smell might be really
bad! If you could blow heated air it would be even better - any way left it
for 24 hours and vacuumed and cleaned the tiles with warm water and just
gave the small carpet that copped the 'spray' a good brushing and another
vacuum - voila!

oups.com...