Experiences with fatal chest tumors

Old March 8th 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

Default Experiences with fatal chest tumors

I had to have one of my cats put to sleep yesterday. He had been diagnosed
on Wednesday with a mass in his chest apparently attached to a lung. They
drained 200 ccs of fluid. He was perfectly normal until last Tuesday night
when all of a sudden he was clearly not well. That morning he was his
typical self with absolutely no signs of illness. I took him home Wednesday
and he was OK until the next day. Then he was extremely weak. I took him
back to the vet on Friday but they found no fluid on the chest. But then
Saturday morning they had to drain 180CCs more fluid off his chest but he
was going downhill so fast he started to have labored breathing again hours
later and was clearly starting to suffer. So I made the decision. He was
quite loopy when I said goodbye to him, he clearly was not getting enough
oxygen.

I am just in a state of shock. How could this happen so fast? He had no
symptoms whatsoever and in fact was eating like a horse Monday night. The
X-ray did show an enlarged heart. But I never saw even one symptom. Do
tumors grow that fast that they can take an animal down like that?

Paul

Old March 8th 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
[...]

I am sorry Paul

Sometimes it happens so fast that we are stunned. My spirit was fine in
the morning. I was gone about 4 hours came home he was fine. a bout an
hour later he began to show signs of reparatory distress 30 minutes later
the vet had done all he could and he was gone

Old March 8th 10, 08:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:13:45 -0800, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

[...]

I'm very sorry for your loss; it's terrible to lose a beloved cat so
quickly like that. Clearly, you made the right decision.

I wish I could do more than just offer sympathy

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100307-1, 03/07/2010
Tested on: 3/8/2010 2:32:29 AM

Old March 8th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

Paul M. Cook wrote:
[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel...."
It's hard to let you go.
I know it is not much comfort, but it was a blessing he didn't have
days, weeks or months of suffering. Purrs for those who mourn. MLB
Old March 9th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_2_]

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
I am just in a state of shock. How could this happen so fast? He had no
symptoms whatsoever and in fact was eating like a horse Monday night. The
X-ray did show an enlarged heart. But I never saw even one symptom. Do
tumors grow that fast that they can take an animal down like that?

You had no time to prepare for his death. My sincerest sympathy. I know the
pain all to well.

From a cat........

When humans die, they make a will
To leave their homes, and all they
Have to those they love.
I too would make a will, if I could write.
To some poor, wistful, lonely stray
I'd leave my happy home,
My dish, my cozy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy,
The well-loved lap,
The gently stroking hand,
The loving voice,
The place I made in someone's heart,
The love, that at the last
Could help me to a peaceful, painless end
Held in loving arms.
If I should die,
Oh! Do not say:
"No more a pet I'll have
To grieve me by its loss."
Seek out some lonely, unloved cat
And give my place to him.
This is my legacy,
The love I leave behind,
'Tis all I have to give.

-- Margaret Trowton --

Cat on my chest jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 October 11th 08 09:27 PM
i hav a cat on my chest..... Mischief[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 October 11th 08 08:22 PM
Tumors VIP Cat health & behaviour 3 September 10th 08 08:25 AM
Something off my chest. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 63 May 15th 06 05:35 PM
Contaminated Pet Food Proves Fatal JQ Cat health & behaviour 1 January 12th 06 10:48 PM