A non-event

Old February 17th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default A non-event

Miranda went in for her annual shots yesterday. She was an angel, as
usual: completely silent all the way on the bus, came out of the carrier
and cowered (poor baby) on the examining table - weighed in at 3.4 kilos
(about 7.5 lbs), exactly the same as last year - gave a little kick when
the vet gave her her shot, and then quietly went back into the carrier.

She just quietly submitted to everything the vet did, like looking her
over before giving her the shot. Apparently she has a little tartar, but
not enough to warrant a cleaning. The vet told me I wouldn't have to
bring her back until next year for her shots, and we'll see if the
tartar has built up.

She is soooo much easier to take to the vet than Caliban. She sat
quietly in her carrier all the way home, too, and seemed to forgive me
immediately when we got home. Unless maybe I find something wet and
squishy in my shoe a week from now.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 17th 07, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Marina wrote:
[...]

When they're so meak and mild like that it makes me feel more guilty than
when they make a fuss.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 17th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message
Miranda went in for her annual shots yesterday. She was an angel, as
usual: completely silent all the way on the bus, came out of the carrier
and cowered (poor baby) on the examining table - weighed in at 3.4 kilos
(about 7.5 lbs), exactly the same as last year - gave a little kick when
the vet gave her her shot, and then quietly went back into the carrier.

LOL - I love the subject line! What a good girl she is (outside of the
house) ...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 17th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 17, 5:09 am, "Adrian A" wrote:
Marina wrote:
[...]

We, meaning I, have to take Missy for her annual checkup in a month
or so. I would gladly feel guilty if she is meek and mild but I don't
have to worry about that. I do have to worry about going to the
emergency room if "Hisser at Hoomans" gets a good whack at me.

Will in New Haven

--

"Pot-Limit has more thinking involved; young people can't think" Norm
Chad

Old February 17th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
She is soooo much easier to take to the vet than Caliban. She sat

THATZ CUZ GIRLS ARE WUZZEZ!!!

BOYZ RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!

FEZ

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 18th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Marina wrote:

[...]

Great news!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 19th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Adrian A wrote:

When they're so meak and mild like that it makes me feel more guilty than
when they make a fuss.

I think she is so easy to handle, partly because she and her siblings
had to visit the vet quite a few times when they were small, so got used
to it, and partly because they were hand-fed (Kira didn't have enough
milk for her kittens), so they got used to being handled all the time.
At first, they were also being raised to be show cats, so handling was
part of their upbringing.

Old February 19th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Marina wrote:
She is soooo much easier to take to the vet than Caliban. She sat

THATZ CUZ GIRLS ARE WUZZEZ!!!

BOYZ RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!

FEZ

NOW YOU DUN IT!

CALIBAN, getting beat up by Miranda because she can't get to Fez

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki

Cat Lympics Anyone? Meowmie Carol Cat community 18 February 23rd 06 12:12 AM
Volunteering - The Fund Raiser (long) Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 4 June 15th 05 12:57 PM
[ot] An Eyrie Event... Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 3 February 9th 05 10:44 PM
Happy 2005 All :-\)Liz Cat anecdotes 16 January 3rd 05 02:06 AM
Announcink da cat-o-lympikz! Mlle. Anaïs Cat community 28 August 17th 04 02:12 PM