Thank you, Boyfriend (not)

Old January 4th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Thank you, Boyfriend (not)

He tripped me up with winding between my feet on Wednesday evening, hoping
for yet more food although he had been fed not two hours earlier.

I fell backwards on to the edge of my table. I had to have a home visit
from the doctor today - this is unheard of for me. I have cracked two ribs
apparently, to say it is agony would be an understatement.
My lovely friend June (not that she doesn't have plenty to do herself with
all her whippets and a useless OH who cannot stir his tea on his own) is
coming daily to feed and water my chickens and let Francis D out) and came
last night too to shut them up against the fox. I tried, but I could not
even get down the step from my back door.

My employers might get fed up with me soon. Since 2001 I have had 5 eye
operations, ovarian ca operation, incisional hernia op (which has failed)
While the doc was here looking at my rib injury I took the opportunity to
mention the failure of my hernia op and show him the result. He said "when
your back is better, come down to the surgery and I will refer you back to
the surgeon."
He was not able to give me a sick note for work. That is because when he
phoned me this morning to establish if I could breathe and urinate he put
the phone down when I was about to say..I might need a sick note for work.
When he had seen me I asked him for a sick note, I can only have 5 days
without one and weekends count into this. This will not be 5 day thing.
So he did not have his "sick-note pad" with him. He said "you should have
asked for one when I spoke to you on the phone"
I said "Well, I would have done if you had not put the phone down before I
had finished speaking" !!

Tweesd

Old January 5th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

He tripped me up with winding between my feet on Wednesday evening, hoping
for yet more food although he had been fed not two hours earlier.

[snip]

Ugh, I'm sorry you got hurt! That sounds very painful.

Could your doctor mail you the sick note?

What's an "OH"? (June's OH.)

And how is Boyfriend after all this? Does he even have sense of what
happened to you?

Purrs,
Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 5th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

I am so sorry! I know cracked ribs can be terribly painful. When my
husband cracked a couple of his, he couldn't lie down, so he slept sitting
up in a recliner, with his feet up, for a couple of weeks. I hope you have
something like that you can use.

Joy

Old January 5th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

Oh Christina, and happy new year. What a dreadful break, no pun intended.
Healing purrs, and a few for your doctor to get a clue. And for your
workplace to understand how valuable you are.

Old January 5th 08, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Christina Websell wrote:
He tripped me up with winding between my feet on Wednesday evening, hoping
for yet more food although he had been fed not two hours earlier.

I fell backwards on to the edge of my table. I had to have a home visit
from the doctor today - this is unheard of for me. I have cracked two ribs
apparently, to say it is agony would be an understatement.
My lovely friend June (not that she doesn't have plenty to do herself with
all her whippets and a useless OH who cannot stir his tea on his own) is
coming daily to feed and water my chickens and let Francis D out) and came
last night too to shut them up against the fox. I tried, but I could not
even get down the step from my back door.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident Christina. Purrs coming your way
to get your sick note sorted out and starting to heal soon.

I have cracked a rib before and I taped my ribcage and put on a tight
sports bra for extra rib support so that I could go to work. I was
articling at the time and time off wasn't an option. Very painful I
know - you don't realize how much you turn and twist until you've
cracked a rib.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 5th 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
He tripped me up with winding between my feet on Wednesday evening, hoping
for yet more food although he had been fed not two hours earlier.

I fell backwards on to the edge of my table. I had to have a home visit
from the doctor today - this is unheard of for me. I have cracked two ribs
apparently, to say it is agony would be an understatement.

Ow ow! Healing and pain-killing purrs on the way.

Old January 5th 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

kirjoitti:

What's an "OH"? (June's OH.)

OH is "Other Half", or husband, I would imagine...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 5th 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Christina Websell kirjoitti:
He tripped me up with winding between my feet on Wednesday evening, hoping
for yet more food although he had been fed not two hours earlier.

I fell backwards on to the edge of my table. I had to have a home visit
from the doctor today - this is unheard of for me. I have cracked two ribs
apparently, to say it is agony would be an understatement.

I hope it heals quickly and that your doctor can send you the sick note.
I've never cracked any ribs just my arm once when I was little and a
second time as a teen. I used the cast to bonk my brother with when he
teased me, and I also think mum still has that first cast stashed off
somewhere.