sick cat-- please help!!

Old April 8th 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default sick cat-- please help!!

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 08:31:44 +0100, "Niel Humphreys"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
. but as i see by some of the reply they are just
judgmental jerks on here.

Ah the classic response from someone who doesn't get the answers THEY want
from the majority.

It's the classic response of someone who runs into a lot of hostility.
They write it off, and they leave.

Sometimes I think this whole planet is the primate cage in a galactic
zoo.

Charlie
Old April 8th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default sick cat-- please help!! - free vet care

Almost all cities has a low cost vet clinic for pet owners of limited means.
Please investigate and find one.

Even if your family income is above their eligibility limit, if you explain
you budget and how you can't afford care, I'm sure they'll treat your kitty.

In Austin, there are 2 groups doing low cost or free vet care. Spay/neuters
are either free or $25 depending on family income. Basic shots are $12,
full shots including Felv, Fip are $40. They vets volunteer there part
time, and don't charge for their services.

Call your local United Way, they should be able to tell you how to contact
your local low cost vet clinic (United Way is now keeping lists of all
service organizations for people who need help.)

-- maryjane

"xkatx" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
ok... this is a $1500 cat... we took care of her just fine for a long
time... and many cats before this one. its just that the past few
months have been very hard since we lost our business in the
hurricanes. we are doing everything we can. she is getting better with
the treatments we are doing. i thought that there would be someone out
here that has gone through food poising with their pet and could give
us some pointers. but as i see by some of the reply they are just
judgmental jerks on here.

Sounds like it might be a blockage.
It doesn't sound (from your post) like food poisoning.
If you don't get the $1500 cat to a vet, it will probably be your
ex-cat.
See if there's a free clinic in your area.

DB

Free cat, stray cat, $1500 cat, doesn't matter. I agree it needs to go to
the vet, regardless of the monetary value of the cat. It's still a living
thing that does not deserve to suffer or be in pain.

Old April 8th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

How do you KNOW it is food poisoning???

All we have to go on is what you tell us -- we don't have your background.

What do you mean by "this is a $1500 cat"?

Old April 8th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Unknown One" wrote in message

How do you KNOW it is food poisoning???

She doesn't know and doesn't care. The cat is worth no more than a Usenet
post. Ugh.

Old April 8th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Rhonda" wrote in message
All we have to go on is what you tell us -- we don't have your background.

What do you mean by "this is a $1500 cat"?

I think she means that because they were ignorant and malicious
enough to (allegedly) pay big bucks for a breeder cat, this means
the cat must be "worth a lot" to her.

I repeat:

Ugh.

Poor kitty.

Old April 9th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

out cat has become very sick. i got her lactated ringer fluids and
have been giving her an injection twice a day. i wait till almost all
of them are absorbed before giving her more.
she meows, the stay away im mad meow, whenever you pick her up. she
seems very sensitive on her right side near her leg(when sitting/laying
on her belly folded up). anytime you move her she starts to throw up
foul smelling green vomit. does this twice and stops.

What in the world are you doing giving her fluids without consulting a vet
first? Are you aware that processing sub-q's puts extra work on the kidneys
and giving them when they're not needed can increase blood pressure and cause
overhydration - overhydration could cause her to feel *very* uncomfortable
and she may also lose her appetite due to the fluids pressing on her stomach
and causing her to feel full. Too much fluids can also cause heart failure,
particularly if your cat has heart issues you're not aware of.

holistic meds and found Newton Homeopathics Detoxifer. the only problem
si i have to order it and it will be her next week... i dont think we

You think that this is going to cure her when you don't even know what she
has?? For all you know, this product can make her problem worse!

have that long... does this sound like food poisoning? renal failure?
what?

NO ONE can tell you what this is over the Internet - you need to bring her to
the vet. How would you like it if you were in pain and agony and no one
helped you? Just go to the vet immediately and tell them your situation.

Old April 9th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

"Rhonda" wrote in message

All we have to go on is what you tell us -- we don't have your background.

What do you mean by "this is a $1500 cat"?

I think she means that because they were ignorant and malicious
enough to (allegedly) pay big bucks for a breeder cat, this means
the cat must be "worth a lot" to her.

I repeat:

Ugh.

Poor kitty.

I was hoping it meant $1500 in previous vet bills -- that would mean the
cat meant a lot.

Rhonda

Old April 9th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

xkatx wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
ok... this is a $1500 cat... we took care of her just fine for a long
time... and many cats before this one. its just that the past few
months have been very hard since we lost our business in the
hurricanes. we are doing everything we can. she is getting better with
the treatments we are doing. i thought that there would be someone out
here that has gone through food poising with their pet and could give
us some pointers. but as i see by some of the reply they are just
judgmental jerks on here.

Does the actual value of the cat really matter? Good to hear that for a
long time you took care of her and provided for her, but now is the time it
seems that she needs you to take care of her a lot.
Sorry to hear about your loss of your business, but, as harsh as it may
sound, life goes on. You lost a business, and if that's the worst of it,
you are very, very lucky. Could have had a worse outcome, by far.
It sure doesn't sound like food poison, based on what you said. Refried
beans would probably not make a cat sick. If the baby tosses food off her
high chair, our cat is guaranteed to be right at her feet to pick up scraps
if someone's not faster. She's eaten everything from squash, bananas and
cereals to raw bacon that's fallen and not picked up faster than the cat can
get to it.
You've gotten a lot of replies so far, yet everyone has suggested taking
your cat to the vet, as it's clearly the thing to do when you have a sick
animal, and especially if you don't know why it's sick. Unless you're a
vet, there's no way you can say that yes, your cat has food poisoning. No
one here, even if there's a vet among the group, would be able to say what
is exactly wrong with your cat over the Internet, sitting in their own homes
or workplaces, with their nose glued to a computer screen.
No one's being a judgemental jerk. Everyone seems to be offering you the
same advice, which, in all due respect, would most likely be the best for
your cat. You seem to be wanting someone to pipe up with, "Oh yes, your cat
is definitely suffering from food poisoning, so give her some Tums and
ensure she stays in bed on complete bedrest. Give your cat a glass of warm
milk, and maybe even some apple juice with some hot soup. It will make her
feel all better."
That's not going to happen, so either take the advice or leave it. No one's
being judgemental. You have a cat that's sick. You can assume whatever you
want, but unless your business that was lost was a vet clinic, take her to
one that is still standing and in business.

xkatx~~~~ GREAT post,perfectly said!!!

Old April 9th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" boagrrl hotmail.com wrote:

The cat is worth no more than a Usenet post. Ugh.

It's only value to you is an excuse to flame somebody.

Attacking the owner doesn't help the cat.

From: "cybercat" boagrrl hotmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: sick cat-- please help!!
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:42:00 -0400