Question for the group

Old March 30th 04, 09:17 PM
Fancy

Default Question for the group

Hi everyone
I have 2 cats and my sister has three and she asked me if I knew of a way to
discourage
her kitties from a certain area around her pool and screened in patio and
how to prevent
them from digging in the areas that contain plants. She know I am a lurker
here so I thought
I would post for once and just ask.
Janet

Old March 30th 04, 11:35 PM
Sherry

Hi everyone
I have 2 cats and my sister has three and she asked me if I knew of a way to
discourage
her kitties from a certain area around her pool and screened in patio and
how to prevent
them from digging in the areas that contain plants. She know I am a lurker
here so I thought
I would post for once and just ask.
Janet

That's a tough one! I've used some products designed for that; but I didn't
have much luck with them. Here are things I have read, but not tried: 1) Citrus
(orange, lemon peels) will discourage the cats. 2) You can try taking some
chicken wire and burying it (shallowly) in the area. They won't like digging
there then.
The only thing that worked for me was to put a litterbox outdoors. Believe it
or not, they used it instead of the front flower bed.
Hope you find a solution!

Sherry
Old March 31st 04, 01:43 AM
Fancy

Sherry thanks a lot for taking the time to post these suggestions. I'll pass
them on to
her and any others that may be posted later. I used to have some stuff that
I got in a pet store
and it was to prevent kitty from scratching furniture. It was a spray and
didn't work at all .
I think the odor even attracted my cat!!
Janet

Old March 31st 04, 05:49 AM
Steve Touchstone

On 30 Mar 2004 22:35:37 GMT, itty (Sherry ) wrote:

[...]

Don't know about all cats, but this would work with Little Bit. Back
when I let her stay outside during the day she would hold it. Once I
got home and let her in she'd make a bee line to the litterbox. Of
course I received the "glare" once she was done with her business for
making her wait so long. I sometimes wonder what she did while she was
a stray.
Hope you find a solution!

Sherry

--