food dangers

Old March 29th 04, 09:41 AM

JBHajos wrote:

My dad is a Louisianian and had his own set of odd-ball words, i.e.,
"er" sound pronounced as "oi".

Isn't that what they do in New Joisey?

Joyce
Old March 29th 04, 03:18 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:41:21 GMT, yodeled:

JBHajos wrote:

My dad is a Louisianian and had his own set of odd-ball words, i.e.,
"er" sound pronounced as "oi".

Isn't that what they do in New Joisey?

Joyce

Only dead people.

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 30th 04, 08:53 AM

JoJo wrote:

You may run into the following - If anyone asks you "jeet jet" what they are
trying to ask you is "did you eat yet" Or if you over hear that particular
conversation and somebody responds with "no, jew" - simply means "no, did
you".

LOL - that's an old Woody Allen bit.

Joyce
Old March 30th 04, 08:59 AM

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

One pronunciation difference I noticed would be the word "can", as in
"I can do that." I grew up pronouncing it the same as I would that
metal object known as a "can". The Michiganders I was hanging around
with pronounced it "ken", as in Barbie's ex-boyfriend's name

US Midwesterners have a distinctive accent. One variation I've always
noticed is the pronouciation of the letter "o", in words like "hot".
Most regions in the US pronounce the "o" similarly to the aw in "awful".
But in the midwest, they pronounce the o like the "a" in "father". So
when the temperature is high, or the food is spicy, they say it's "haht".

Meanwhile, in Boston, "haht" refers to the organ that pumps blood through
your body.

Joyce
Old March 30th 04, 08:55 PM
Jette Goldie

wrote in message
Jeanne Hedge wrote:

One pronunciation difference I noticed would be the word "can", as in
"I can do that." I grew up pronouncing it the same as I would that
metal object known as a "can". The Michiganders I was hanging around
with pronounced it "ken", as in Barbie's ex-boyfriend's name

US Midwesterners have a distinctive accent. One variation I've always
noticed is the pronouciation of the letter "o", in words like "hot".
Most regions in the US pronounce the "o" similarly to the aw in "awful".
But in the midwest, they pronounce the o like the "a" in "father". So
when the temperature is high, or the food is spicy, they say it's "haht".

And they all come to visit "Skat-land"

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 30th 04, 09:54 PM

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

LOL - that's an old Woody Allen bit.

Sounds more like Jeff Foxworthy to me.

Might be, but it's also definitely from Woody Allen. It was a scene
in Annie Hall.

Joyce

Can Cats Eat Dog Food? JHBennett Cat anecdotes 31 January 29th 05 10:42 AM
pet food recall Lydia Cat anecdotes 1 October 27th 03 10:43 PM
Feeding dilemma Yoj Cat anecdotes 11 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Raiders of the Large Tub of Kitten Food Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 4 August 11th 03 07:29 AM