Weather

Old August 1st 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

Default Weather

After weeks of 100 to 104 temps, it is now 59 degrees. We had a real
"gully washer" with thunder and lightning. TuTu was very nervous and
kept winding herself around my feet. I opened the closet door and told
her to hide in there, but she wouldn't leave me. It is still raining but
not a "downpour". TuTu is now watching the rain run down the front window.

Two kinds of weather he Too hot and Too cold. The rain is welcome,
but the thunder and lightning are not. MLB
Old August 1st 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
After weeks of 100 to 104 temps, it is now 59 degrees. We had a real
"gully washer" with thunder and lightning. TuTu was very nervous and
kept winding herself around my feet. I opened the closet door and told
her to hide in there, but she wouldn't leave me. It is still raining but
not a "downpour". TuTu is now watching the rain run down the front
window.

Two kinds of weather he Too hot and Too cold. The rain is welcome,
but the thunder and lightning are not. MLB

We have had very high temperatures, not typical for the UK, for the last
month or so and the only thing that seems to break it is a thunderstorm or
cloudburst.
It's down to 70f today after Thursdays terrific downpour with flash floods
again. It's much more comfortable for us poor folks who don't have air
conditioning. We don't need it normally.

Tweed

Old August 1st 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Still way too hot here. I haven't been able to sleep for days.

Old August 1st 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Pat wrote:
Still way too hot here. I haven't been able to sleep for days.

Same here.The humidex is 48C (118F). I think it breaks the record. We
were asked not
to use major appliances till after 8 pm. I am not venturing out at all
in this heat.

Winnie

Old August 1st 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Cats here are dropping massive amounts of hair. They had mostly quit their
spring shedding around the middle of June but it's been so hot that they're
doing just as much now as they did in May.

Old August 1st 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Pat" wrote in message
Cats here are dropping massive amounts of hair. They had mostly quit their
spring shedding around the middle of June but it's been so hot that
they're doing just as much now as they did in May.

Hope you all get a break soon. Hibernating gets old after the first few
days. Especially when you are too uncomfortable to actually sleep.

Jo

Old August 1st 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

Same here.The humidex is 48C (118F). I think it breaks the record.

What's a "humidex"? I've never heard that word before. Sounds like it
should be a measure of humidity, but looks like you have temperature
readings from it.

Joyce
Old August 1st 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

What's a "humidex"? I've never heard that word before. Sounds like it
should be a measure of humidity, but looks like you have temperature
readings from it.

I believe it's a "humidity index". It does the same thing for heat and
humidity as "wind chill" does for cold and wind. Basically gives you the
effective temperature your body thinks it is outside.

Dan
Old August 1st 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dan M wrote:

What's a "humidex"? I've never heard that word before. Sounds like it
should be a measure of humidity, but looks like you have temperature
readings from it.

I believe it's a "humidity index". It does the same thing for heat and
humidity as "wind chill" does for cold and wind. Basically gives you the
effective temperature your body thinks it is outside.

Ah, gotcha. As in "it's 75 degrees today, 82 on the humidex"?

Joyce