Advice needed on interstate pet transport

Old November 7th 05, 12:49 AM
-L.

Default Advice needed on interstate pet transport

MFS wrote:
Hello, everyone - I am trying to coordinate the relocation of a cat in the
Southeastern U.S. to the Midwestern U.S. I do not live in either area,
although I will be onsite when the cat is picked up from its current home.
I'm Googling madly for pet transport services, both ground and air. Does
anyone have any recommendations for or against a particular service?

I am taking two other cats with me from the Southeast back to my home. Any
advice you can give me about flying with cats is welcome. Best airlines to
deal with, what to look out for, etc. There is plenty of information
available online, but it's a bit overwhelming. I'd like to hear from anyone
who's flown with cat(s) recently about your experiences.

Thanks,
MFS

Hi MFS,

I think Megan (zuzu22 (at) webtv.com, I think) - Google her here and
you will find her) knows of reliable transport companies. Megan is very
helpful.

I would not fly your cats unless they can be in the cabin. Soooo many
animals are lost, injured or die in cargo hold, it's ridiculous. Here'
s a link tot he reports:

Transportation Department Airline Consumer Report:
http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov /reports/

I have driven with multiple animals multiple times all over the US so
if you want info on moving long distances, email me. (Moved Indy to NC;
NC to SF, CA; and CA to OR, with 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 snakes and a turtle,
over the period of 5 years, for example.)

Good luck,

-L.

Old November 7th 05, 06:52 AM
Juls

Megan and I would both recommend Pro Pet Transports, though I don't know
all the areas they serve.

They did a great job in moving Jack from Seattle to the St. Louis area
about three years ago. (with lots of financial help from the good folks
in this newsgroup!)

I call it the pet bus.

Juls

--