No trolls but heh, a recipe

Old March 19th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default No trolls but heh, a recipe

Mishi wrote:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 05:11:06 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Some folks might recognize this. Mince and Tatties. It's a Scottish
peasant dish. Grandma Hannah Smith Douglas Brown used to make it
and it will be dinner tonight.

1 lb. ground beef
1 c. water
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
mashed potatoes

Brown 1 lb. ground beef (mince); drain but reserve 1 Tbs. of the
grease/fat. Stir in water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and
simmer about 30 minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes with some green
peas or beans on the side.

OB Cats: Persia thought since we were awake Peaches should be, too.
So she pawed at the towel that I use to cover Peaches' cage and
meowed at me!

Jill

Hi Jill,

What brand of Worcestershire sauce do you use? We have French's in
the cupboard right now, but I am not that enamoured of the stuff.

Patti

There's only one 'genuine' worcestershire sauce, and that's Lea & Perrins,
all the rest are immitations.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 19th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Adrian! I thought that was the one to use, but wasn't sure. I
will pick some up next time I shop.
Patti
Old March 19th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

That is the only one to use only one I use to marinate my swordfish with
have you used any of their recipes yet for cooking

http://www.leaperrins.com/recipes/seasonal.php

I make this one up at cocktail parties even thought I don't drink anymore

BLOODSHOT & DEVILLED NUTS

Ingredients
1 x measure Vodka
1 x measure Consomme
1 x measure tomato juice
1 x tsp L&P Sauce for the Bloodshot and 1 x tsp L&P Sauce for the Nuts
juice of 1/2 small lemon
chopped fresh coriander to serve
4oz / 100g blanched almonds
4oz / 100g shelled natural cashew nuts
4oz / 100g pecan nuts
2 x tsp curry powder
2 x cloves garlic crushed
large pinch cayenne pepper
3oz / 75g butter

Method
For the drink recipe mix the first 5 ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
Serve over ice or straight up.
Garnish with chopped coriander.
For the preparation of the nuts melt the butter and stir in the garlic, Lea
& Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, curry powder & Cayenne pepper.
Pour this over all the nuts in an oven proof dish and mix well.
Cook in the oven 180c/350f/gas mark 4 for 15mins, stirring frequently.
Remove the nuts

Old March 19th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message

What brand of Worcestershire sauce do you use? We have French's in
the cupboard right now, but I am not that enamoured of the stuff.

Patti

There's only one 'genuine' worcestershire sauce, and that's Lea & Perrins,
all the rest are immitations.
--

Yes. One of the great British exports. Right up there with Rose's Lime
marmalade.

Jo