Oh, come ON! Blueberries???

Old January 3rd 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default Oh, come ON! Blueberries???

Lesley wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Okay, back to your question, hehe, I wouldn't think a blueberry here or
there would hurt. Wellness puts them into their canned cat food (along
with cranberries...)

Years ago Spillers (I think) made a tinned food that was tuna in tomato
sauce- Hey! We got a voucher for a free tin so we tried it...expecting
noses to be turned up at it...Fugazi and Isis (both RB) hoovered it up!

I love that term -- "hoovered." Your language over the pond is so much
more colorful than on this side.

Rhonda

Old January 3rd 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"bookie" wrote:

why are you getting all uptight and hormonal because someone deviates
(but still stays on topic)? do you have greater issues away from this
group you need to deal with?

Because you resorted to the trash talk first. I never said you strayed
off topic, I asked how does your reply constitute an answer to the OP.

I'll type this real slow so you can keep up.

When asked if blueberries are safe and if you had responded...
Don't know but my cat likes some weird things - then no problem you're
just being anecdotal.

But to state your cat lived to 19 chowing corn without coming to any
harm as if that answers the question.

Anyway. Are blueberries dangerous to cats, if I wanted to see if she'd
actually *eat* one?

one of my cats, Flossie, used to love tinned sweetcorn, and she lived
to the ripe old age of 19 so it can't have done her that much harm
bookie

Now do see where "What does corn have to do with blueberries" ?

Seems you're the one who needs a midol cookie.

I'm done with this as you are too thick to waste any more time with.
-mhd
Old January 3rd 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

wrote:
"bookie" wrote:

[...]

jesus christ! you obviously do not have enough aggro in your daily life
to deal with so you feel the need to come on here and create some,
whatever floats your boat!

Old January 3rd 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

jmc wrote:

Oh, c'mon you two. I know what Bookie meant, and I'm intelligent enough
to not feed Meep the blueberries just because corn is OK. But I might
offer her corn when I do dinner tonight, see if she likes it

jmc

Hey jmc, if Cookie only had half the verbal diarrhea in her post this
would never have gone this far. Probably having a bad teeth day. Funny
how she talks about aggro and then practically assplodes as she pounds
the keyboard.

Meep will probably love a few corn kernels, especially if it has a
little butter coating on it :-)

Here's some interesting links.
http://dmoz.org/Health/Animal/Mammal...n/Toxic_Foods/
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/humanfood.htm

-mhd
Old January 3rd 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

One of my cats goes crazy for olives! I was shocked the first time that he
ate one and his desire for them has not stopped over the years, lol. It'll
really surprise you what some cats like to eat.

jmc wrote:
Meep is a very fussy eater, and normally isn't interested in any people
foods ('cept Parmesan cheese)...

I'd just finished a little punnet of blueberries, and when I reached
down to pet her, she was absolutely fascinated by the smell... when I
offered her the empty punnet, you'da thought it had catnip...

Blueberries? My cat likes the smell of BLUEBERRIES?

She's. very. weird. ::sigh::

Old January 3rd 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

MoMo via CatKB.com wrote:
One of my cats goes crazy for olives! I was shocked the first time that he
ate one and his desire for them has not stopped over the years, lol. It'll
really surprise you what some cats like to eat.

I famously claim the all time winner for weird cat tastes ie Speedy
Joe- he liked brown bread (Not white obviously watching his fibre
intake!). chips from the Chinese as well as their chicken curry and
rice (I didn't know back then to avoid onions but he always left them
anyway), apple cores (They had to go a bit brown first and he got
enormous pleasure from stealing them from the bin!) and chocolate which
he would never eat...he just liked to hold it in his mouth until it was
a dissolved gooey mess which he would then dump on the carpet....and I
used to cut cheese with one hand holding the maniac cat back regardless
of what type of cheese...through I seem to remember cheddar and Edam
being what really did it for him

He ate all of those in moderation ie occasional treats.

He once ate a portion of frozen chicken giblets...while it was still
frozen...perhaps as it was a hot day he wanted an ice lolly!

The only thing I can think to explain this is his mum was a feral or
semi feral and he was 4 months old when we got him so perhaps she had
taught him that any sort of food was acceptable

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 4th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

In article .com,
"Lesley" wrote:

I famously claim the all time winner for weird cat tastes ie Speedy
Joe- he liked brown bread

Now, hold on. We have a rescued feral DSH who loves pita chips. Not
potato chips, not corn chips, not tortilla chips, just pita chips. She
gives you a real nasty look if you try any substitutes.

chocolate which he would never eat...he just liked to hold it in his
mouth until it was a dissolved gooey mess which he would then dump on
the carpet

Owning such a cat, you must have either the patience of a saint, or a
psychological problem. I'm not sure which :-)

Old January 4th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cardarch

I dont see why blueberries would be dangerous to cats. One time I
parboiled green bell peppers in order to stuff them and I put the
peppers to cool in a colander on the table top and left the room. When
I came back the cat was on the table eating the parboiled peppers!