My 2.5 yr old cat gave birth to 1 stillbirth cat

Old July 17th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
glreuther1 via CatKB.com

Default My 2.5 yr old cat gave birth to 1 stillbirth cat

Sometimes it is not what you say, it is how you say it. But as I said
whatever. It has been taken care of. I just asked for a quick bit of advice,
because I really didn't know how long you should wait to take them to the vet
and I had tried contacting the vet hours earlier without receiving a response.
I was desperate at that point and looking for a helping hand. So it would
have been better to say something like. Sorry I don't know, but you should
take her to the vet. I would not have taken offense to it than. But some of
us were raised better than others and have more common sense to be descent to
other people.

CatNipped wrote:
Well this message board is supposed to be helpful not ignorant, keep your
nasty attitude to your damn self.

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
How would we know? Take her to the vet and have her checked, and get
her spayed.

What in the world was nasty about what Cybercat wrote???!

Personally, I think her advice was spot on.

CatNipped

Old July 17th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"glreuther1 via CatKB.com" u35904@uwe wrote in message
Sometimes it is not what you say, it is how you say it. But as I said
whatever. It has been taken care of. I just asked for a quick bit of
advice,
because I really didn't know how long you should wait to take them to the
vet
and I had tried contacting the vet hours earlier without receiving a
response.
I was desperate at that point and looking for a helping hand. So it would
have been better to say something like. Sorry I don't know, but you
should
take her to the vet. I would not have taken offense to it than. But some
of
us were raised better than others and have more common sense to be descent
other people.

Some of use were raised to properly care for the animals who depend on us,
too.

The vet is the first place your sorry ass should have gone, not Usenet.

Dickhead.

Old July 17th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Sometimes it is not what you say, it is how you say it. But as I said

It was said simply and without foul language or any recriminations. How
*would* you expect people, not vets, who have never seen your cat, and with
only a brief description of the problem, know how to diagnose your cat? And
moreover, *WHY* would you want those people to try to make a diagnosis and
tell you what to do? Why would you trust perfect strangers to tell you
something that important?

Additionally, expecting a group which is dedicated to the health and
happiness of cats to be sympathetic to someone who allows a cat to bring
kittens into a world that is euthanizing *THOUSANDS* of "excess" kittens
every day is a bit unrealistic.

Cybercat just stated the obvious without any implication of nastiness - she
has no control over how you infer what she wrote.

CatNipped

Old July 17th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

In article 754f7e43ff28a@uwe, "glreuther1 via CatKB.com" u35904@uwe
wrote:

But some of us were raised better than others and have more common
sense to be descent to other people.

It's an unfortunate characteristic of network communications. Brevity
otherwise considered valuable in informed conversation often seems
aggressively terse in online communications. I doubt whether the
response in question was intended to shame or harm, although it is easy
to see how it might be taken that way.

Sorry about your kitten, glad the momma is okay.
Old July 17th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Sometimes it is not what you say, it is how you say it. But as I said

It was said simply and without foul language or any recriminations. How
*would* you expect people, not vets, who have never seen your cat, and
with only a brief description of the problem, know how to diagnose your
cat? And moreover, *WHY* would you want those people to try to make a
diagnosis and tell you what to do? Why would you trust perfect strangers
to tell you something that important?

Additionally, expecting a group which is dedicated to the health and
happiness of cats to be sympathetic to someone who allows a cat to bring
kittens into a world that is euthanizing *THOUSANDS* of "excess" kittens
every day is a bit unrealistic.

Cybercat just stated the obvious without any implication of nastiness -
she has no control over how you infer what she wrote.

You are so good and so patient. Had the OP known me better, he/she would
have known that I used considerable restraint. For nothing! Just goes to
show
you, be yourself! ahhahaha!

Hope Archer and Ozzie are feeling better soon. I wonder if it is a
combination
of the shots and the emotional toil of thinking maybe they were getting sent
back or away??

Old July 17th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 17 Jul, 05:23, "glreuther1" u35904@uwe wrote:
Well this message board is supposed to be helpful not ignorant, keep your
nasty attitude to your damn self.

cybercat wrote:
My cat gave birth to 1 kitten today 7/16/07 about 4:30pm. The kitten was
dead when it was born. We tried to revive it and nothing worked. She has
not given birth to any other kittens in the last 7.5 hours. She shows no
sign of distress, she is jumping on our laps and eating and drinking as
normal. This was her first litter, is this normal?

How would we know? Take her to the vet and have her checked, and get
her spayed.- Hide quoted text -

This was her first litter, is this normal?

I must start by saying, "No, this is not normal".

Many of you in the group will understand what I mean when I say that
this post sounds exactly like one of my own posts only 9 months or so
ago.

I feel for you.

I was a breeder of Birmans & Ragdolls, & I said everything that you
have just posted too. I also understand your outrage with cyber,
because I felt exactly the same way that you do, then. However, I
decided to stick around and keep reading & posting, if only to further
my knowledge of cats in general, & talk to other people regarding cat
issues, that I wouldn't normally have been able to had I not bothered
doing so.

The reason I didn't like her remarks and took them personally was
because I felt they were rude & directed @ me personally. I was wrong
there & I can see that now. It is simply frustration of people asking
the same question time & time over. But I couldn't see that @ that
time.....

I had been breeding for several years before coming here with a
problem with one of my Queens, who turned out to have ringworm in the
end. It took me roughly 5-6 months of reading to understand that *I
was part of the problem.*.

I have since done what you are deciding to do right now & I applaud
you for that.
I am going to show you a photos that was posted to me when I announced
that I had decided to give up breeding, for guilt, love, & being able
to live with myself too.
Now this poster could have posted this photo@ any time in all of the 5
months that I had been posting, asking advice & adding my own
contribution: in fact anyone here could have posted it, had they
really wanted to hurt my feelings.

Believe me when I tell you that no one would choose to hurt your
feelings here. It is merely frustration @ the same question being
asked time & time over. People here can't see your cat, so it would be
highly irresponsible to tell you what was right, or wrong, based on a
few lines of writing.

However, your vet does know your queen, so It would be best for you to
talk to him / her., & decide where you go from here.
Finally, I am so sorry that you went through this. No one deserves to
cope with miscarriages, be they feline or human

http://maxshouse.com/heartache.JPG

Now this really made me look @ life differently. Phil could have
posted this any time he chose to.. but he didn't, he waited until I
saw my own mistake, & I thank him for that.

I wish both you & your cats well. Please believe me when I tell you
that it is better to love your cats & loose her kittens, than it is to
loose both, because this is what you face if you allow her to become
pregnant again.

If you look up the word pyometra, you will understand that what I tell
you is true.
Good Luck & Best wishes,
Sheelagh

Old July 17th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:30:01 GMT, "glreuther1 via CatKB.com"
u35904@uwe wrote:

I am fully aware of that, I tried to call the vet a few hours afterward and
they did not return the call until this morning.

If you or anyone has an emergency there are animal emergency hospital
around that you or they can take they pets to if their vet does not /
can not get back to them in a timely manner.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ }=

Old July 17th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 17 Jul, 13:32, "glreuther1 via CatKB.com" u35904@uwe wrote:
I did also see similar messages on the board that were responded to, that is
what prompted me to leave a message. Next time I know don't ask non-
professionals questions, because when they don't have an answer it becomes
the fight or flight response.

glreuther1 wrote:
I am fully aware of that, I tried to call the vet a few hours afterward and
they did not return the call until this morning. I have two cats, 1 male and
1 female both siamese, this is why she was not Spayed. We were happy she was
pregnant, not to witness child birth but to keep their blood lines going.
And yes I totally agree their is a terrible over population and it needs to
be handled. However, I only popped in here while looking up the information
on line regarding the birthing process, because although my cat has had vet
visits while pregnant, the vet never told us how long the process should take.
And out of just ignorance we assumed it would be like any birthing process
and it could take time. She did not appear to be in labor still after the
first kitten was born. She resumed normal activities, such as eating,
drinking, jumping on to our laps. And appeared to have no contractions. I
just thought thought possibility to get a bit of advice at that time of night,
although slim, might be good. In the long run we found and emergency vet
whom saw her at 1am and they did a sonogram, she did not have anymore babies.
And we made an appt. to have her spayed since it was very heart breaking to
see her have to go through that. I went through it myself years ago, so can
imagine her pain and suffering.

That response is neither ignorant nor nasty. First, we can't possibly know
if anything is wrong, but a delay of 7.5 hours clearly calls for a visit to

[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]
How would we know? Take her to the vet and have her checked, and get
her spayed.

if you first vet has ignored your call when you obviously have what
could be a serious emergency on your hands, it is time to find another
vet pronto.

and 'keepign bloodlines going' is not really a good enough excuse for
adding to the problem of overpopulation. You would have to find a home
for the little one and that would take away a potential home for one
of the many thousands of cats in rescue shelters up and down the
country who are already there and desparate for a good home. dontl
just think about your self, think about how what you do affects
everything else inthe world as everything you do can have a knock on
effect in ways you least expect.

remember; if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the
problem, so thnk about getting her spayed

bookie

Old July 17th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

LOL - so true! ;

Hope Archer and Ozzie are feeling better soon. I wonder if it is a
combination
of the shots and the emotional toil of thinking maybe they were getting
sent
back or away??

I just posted this update in another thread...

I just talked to Ben. He said when he got home both boys were still asleep
under the couch in his office (now known as the isolation chamber with the
screen on the door ;). He pulled them out and gave them some food - and
both boys scarfed it down like the little piglets they are. Tayla came over
when Archer was finished eating and gave him a good wash. When she was done
she walked over to Ozzy, who was still eating, and started to give him a
wash. However, Ozzy didn't want to be washed so he looked up into her face
and hissed at her!!! She sat back and bopped him on top of his head three
times until he laid down, properly chastised, and then gave him his good
wash. After she was done he jumped up, licked both his and Archer's plate
clean, and then walked over and started eating Tayla's dry food. Tayla
looked up at Ben with a "What are you gonna do?" look and then jumped up to
his desk to take her nap.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 17th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
[...]

That is sooo cute. Maybe the boys will help Tayla by being surrogate
kittens for the ones she lost, at least allowing her to mother a bit.