2nd earthquake has hit Christchurch, N.Z

Old February 22nd 11, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_3_]

Default 2nd earthquake has hit Christchurch, N.Z

Purrs and prayers for everyone affected by this disaster.

I visited Christchurch years ago. Lovely place, nice people.
It's tragic to hear about the loss of life and the damage anywhere,
but even moreso having been there. I hope they find more people
alive in the buildings that have fallen, and that no more aftershocks
occur.

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo

On 02/21/2011 09:18 PM, Bev wrote:
Say a prayer for the people of Christchurch who have just had another 6.3
earthquake which has caused more damage than the first one. There are
fatalities, two buses squashed, people trapped in buildings, and the lovely
cathedral which was miraculously undamaged in the first quake is now down.
Aftershocks are continuing and a level 3 emergency declared. Those people
have been through so much already and I am so sorry for them.

Bev

Old February 22nd 11, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bev" wrote in message
Say a prayer for the people of Christchurch who have just had another 6.3
earthquake which has caused more damage than the first one. There are
fatalities, two buses squashed, people trapped in buildings, and the
lovely cathedral which was miraculously undamaged in the first quake is
now down. Aftershocks are continuing and a level 3 emergency declared.
Those people have been through so much already and I am so sorry for them.

Bev

My and Persia's purrs are with them.

Jill

Old February 22nd 11, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Bev" wrote in :

Say a prayer for the people of Christchurch who have just had another
6.3 earthquake which has caused more damage than the first one.
There are fatalities, two buses squashed, people trapped in buildings,
and the lovely cathedral which was miraculously undamaged in the first
quake is now down. Aftershocks are continuing and a level 3 emergency
declared. Those people have been through so much already and I am so
sorry for them.

Bev

Poor people, and pets. Purrs for everybody on the way.

Bobble
Old February 22nd 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 2/21/2011 9:18 PM, Bev wrote:
Say a prayer for the people of Christchurch who have just had another 6.3
earthquake which has caused more damage than the first one. There are
fatalities, two buses squashed, people trapped in buildings, and the lovely
cathedral which was miraculously undamaged in the first quake is now down.
Aftershocks are continuing and a level 3 emergency declared. Those people
have been through so much already and I am so sorry for them.

Bev

Lots of purrs and good wishes from here. The quake even made our self
centered news.

Pam S.
Old February 22nd 11, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

I have friends in New Zealand, purrs and prayers for all of them.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 22nd 11, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Bev wrote:
Say a prayer for the people of Christchurch who have just had another 6.3
earthquake which has caused more damage than the first one. There are
fatalities, two buses squashed, people trapped in buildings, and the lovely
cathedral which was miraculously undamaged in the first quake is now down.
Aftershocks are continuing and a level 3 emergency declared. Those people
have been through so much already and I am so sorry for them.

Bev

Purr motors revved up to full capacity, and human prayers as well! You
folks "down under" have certainly had more than your share of
catastrophes, the past few months. (I know New Zealand and Australia
are two separate areas, but they're both in the same general
geographical location.)
Old February 22nd 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Joy wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Bev typed:
Say a prayer for the people of Christchurch who have just had another
6.3 earthquake which has caused more damage than the first one. There
are fatalities, two buses squashed, people trapped in
buildings, and the lovely cathedral which was miraculously undamaged
in the first quake is now down. Aftershocks are continuing and a
level 3 emergency declared. Those people have been through so much
already and I am so sorry for them.

The folks over the ditch on the West Island are thinking of you.

The photos and footage look bloody aweful, and the current deathtoll is at
65.

Purrs and hugs to you all.

Yowie
(wondering why Mother Nature is picking on Australasia at the moment)

It even made the news, with pictures, in the USA. Purrs and prayers for
everyone affected.

Joy

Uhhh.... "even"? I agree that our news sources in the USA are somewhat
remiss where world affairs are concerned, but things of THAT magnitude
are seldom ignored!
Old February 22nd 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Joy wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Bev typed:
[...]

I think the reaction in our news was quicker, and more extensive, than that
to the recent floods and cyclone in Australia. I don't recall seeing any
pictures of those on the news here.

Joy

Old February 22nd 11, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Joy wrote:

Joy wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Bev typed:
[...]

Our local paper carried a story and picture on page 7. I was expecting
a front page story. The newspaper isn't what it used to be. MLB
Old February 22nd 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bev

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Bev
wrote:
Say a prayer for the people of Christchurch who have just had another
6.3 earthquake which has caused more damage than the first one. There
are fatalities, two buses squashed, people trapped in buildings, and
the lovely cathedral which was miraculously undamaged in the first
quake is now down. Aftershocks are continuing and a level 3 emergency
declared. Those people have been through so much already and I am so
sorry for them.

Bev

Purrs and prayers for all those affected. I saw a recording of some of it,
it's terrible.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Rescue crews have been working all night to free trapped people.
Gratitude to the Aussies who have sent two rescue teams, complete with dogs,
to help. At least a hundred people are still trapped and crying out for
help.
Morgues are being set up as the dead are still being pulled out of crushed
cars and buildings. Six storey buildings are reduced to rubble and some
have to be taken apart brick by brick to get at the people. Offers to
help have come from everywhere, the US are sending help as is Japan and the
UK Onlookers say the central business district looks as if it has been
bombed like the blitz in the war.

Bev

Earthquake! Bobble[_8_] Cat anecdotes 15 June 24th 10 02:19 PM
Earthquake in CA & NV Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 April 6th 10 05:06 PM
OT..Another Earthquake.. Kyla =^..^=[_5_] Cat anecdotes 1 March 5th 10 12:24 AM
Earthquake MLB[_2_] Cat anecdotes 10 March 4th 10 05:24 AM
Earthquake Bev Cat anecdotes 27 September 18th 04 11:32 PM