Eternal-september server acting flaky

Old May 9th 12, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Eternal-september server acting flaky

Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old May 9th 12, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_3_]

I've only been using it this evening, but so far it seems OK.
Maybe there was a node failure causing some bottle necks. Hope it's
behaving for you now!

Purrs-

Chris, Hazard and Oreo

Old May 9th 12, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

It's better tonight than it was during the day. Someone on the e-s
support newsgroup suggested that there were intermittent problems with
their DNS. Seems to have calmed down now, anyway.

Chris H wrote:

I've only been using it this evening, but so far it seems OK.
Maybe there was a node failure causing some bottle necks. Hope it's
behaving for you now!

Purrs-

Chris, Hazard and Oreo

On 05/08/2012 07:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.
Old May 9th 12, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Try using nntp.aioe.org as a backup, that's what I'm using.

--
Adrian
Old May 10th 12, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
That Randy Guy

Nobody cares you ****ing piece of ****

Old May 10th 12, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Adrian wrote:

Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Try using nntp.aioe.org as a backup, that's what I'm using.

Things are back to normal on e-s, so I'll stick with that for now. But
I'll keep aioe in mind in case this happens again. Thanks.

Old May 10th 12, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"That Randy Guy" wrote in message

On 5/8/2012 7:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Nobody cares you ****ing piece of ****

Here's living proof of why newsgroups can be so annoying, even cat
newsgroups - comments like this one.

Old May 11th 12, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Robert Catt" wrote in message

"That Randy Guy" wrote in message

On 5/8/2012 7:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
Is anyone here using the eternal-september server? It's been really
flaky all day, up and down - sometimes I can get on it, and other times,
the attempt to connect fails. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Thanks!

Nobody cares you

Here's living proof of why newsgroups can be so annoying, even cat
newsgroups - comments like this one.

Please don't feed the trolls! Killfiles are your friend.

Jill

Old May 11th 12, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...
Please don't feed the trolls! Killfiles are your friend.
Jill

Good advice, Jill. I'm not sure if the eternal-september server I use has a
killfile, but if it has I'll make use of it.

Old May 11th 12, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"Robert Catt" wrote in message ...
Good advice, Jill. I'm not sure if the eternal-september server I use has a
killfile, but if it has I'll make use of it.

Aha! It has! I right-click on the title, scroll down to delete, then go to
"block sender". I've done that with the offending message. Thanks again.