Red dot junkie

Old September 2nd 16, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Red dot junkie

I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
current cats would react.

Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.

He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
for the red dot instead.

Joy
Old September 2nd 16, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 9/2/2016 1:55 PM, Joy wrote:
I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
current cats would react.

Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.

He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
for the red dot instead.

Joy

That sounds like Selina. She loves the red dot and will follow it
everywhere. She even becomes alert if she sees my hand get close to the
place in the drawer where the laser pointer is stored.

MaryL

Old September 2nd 16, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 9/2/2016 2:55 PM, Joy wrote:
I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
current cats would react.

Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.

He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
for the red dot instead.

Joy

Persia used to love the red dot! Buffy couldn't care less. I sent my
laser toy to a friend.

I'm glad you found something to wear Koala out with!

Jill
Old September 3rd 16, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 9/3/2016 8:08 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Joy wrote:
I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
current cats would react.

Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.

He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
for the red dot instead.

Joy

It's really funny to watch them chasing the dot but there not being
anything there when they catch it.

Judith

Yes it is. Sometimes he just sits and watches it, but if it lands on
his tail or his paw, he has to jump for it. Even if all he does is
watch it, he still pesters me to shine it.

Old September 4th 16, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_5_]

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:55:17 -0700, Joy
wrote:

I've created a red dot junkie! I was buying some things at the Dollar
Tree the other day. While I was standing in the checkout line, I
noticed some little laser pointers. I used to have one years ago, and
one of my RB cats was crazy about it, so I bought one to see how my
current cats would react.

Pickles isn't at all interested, but Koala went crazy over it. It
didn't take him long at all to figure out that I had something to do
with it, so now he pesters me constantly to show him the red dot.
Sometimes he'll race up and down the hallway chasing it. Other times he
stays pretty much in one spot and makes occasional jumps at it as it
comes close. Sometimes he'll chase it around in circles.

He used to pester me for his canned food in the evening. Now he pesters
for the red dot instead.

Some cats seem to *love* laser pointers. My Lucy certainly does, I
bought a laser sight for one of rifles and before fitting it, tried it
out on Lucy. It was me who gave up on running the red dot across the
floor, Lucy never seemed to tire of it.
Old September 4th 16, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Yes, its' funny how some of them love the pointers and others aren't at
all interested. Pickles shows no interest at all, but Koala pesters me
for it every time I get up, and especially if I walk through the
hallway. He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot.
Sometimes he'll show it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.
Old September 5th 16, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

yodel goes nuts for it, he too knows where it comes from and will jump up on
the recliner when he thinks its play time.

Old September 6th 16, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]

Joy wrote:

He also recognizes the device that makes the red dot. Sometimes he'll show
it to me if he things I don't know what he wants.

Mine learned to recognize it too. If I pick it up, he straightways starts
looking around the floor. So does my dog.
Old September 7th 16, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeßus[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

He he I might get my laser pointer out again later today to give
Lucy something different to focus on.
Old September 9th 16, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

[...]

That's adorable! This has happened in my place a couple of times: I wake
up in the dead of night to Licky singing the song of his people, which he
performs at top volume. I turn on the light, in case something's wrong,
to find him sitting on the floor looking up at me, with one of his toys
placed on the floor in front of him. How can I get mad at that?? However,
I absolutely do not take him up on his invitation to play. Don't want him
getting the idea that that behavior will get him something he wants!

Koala seems a lot less annoying in his pursuit of games.

Licky has another game now, which I invented: stalk, pounce on, kill,
and eat the crunchy treat. I throw them for him and he goes nuts trying
to stop it from bouncing away, by stepping on it with his paw. Fortunately,
this game is fun and cute and not annoying.

Joyce

--
audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.