new kitten - 3 adults to meet

Old April 20th 04, 10:12 PM
soft

Default new kitten - 3 adults to meet

Some of you may remember me - I have 3 adopted cats
Miss Thang, Cat5 and Lucifer. Miss Thang joind us about 1 year ago -
the other 2 were brought home together.

I bought a manecoon Sunday that is a 5 month old male (to be nuetered
at 8 mths) He is a very calm kitty (you almost forget he is a kitty
because of the size) and he is very sweet.

Were in the process of the interductions - it is to the point now when
I open my bedroom door (this is where he is) the others will come to
the door & look at him or jump into the window and look. But if you
try to pet or pick them up the go all spitty.

I am guessing in a few weeks they will all settle down. I walk him
around the house a couple times a day - the others do not get to close
to him excpet for today - Lucifer was nose to nose with him for
several minutes today without spitting - but then she had to wack him
in the head and run off.

He doesn't seem at all upset about the other cats - but he comes for a
cattery that had 12 cats upstairs and the breeding crew down stairs.
He is warm and friendly - playful and of course wants to know what
everything is.

Karryl
Old April 21st 04, 06:49 PM
Gail

I would advise neutering him before 8 months. At five months, this is about
the right time. Otherwise, he will start spraying.
Gail

Old April 21st 04, 10:21 PM
soft

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:49:34 GMT, "Gail" wrote:

I would advise neutering him before 8 months. At five months, this is about
the right time. Otherwise, he will start spraying.
Gail
"soft" wrote in message

I discused this with the breeder and the vet - they both said to wait
till 8 months because of the breed
and contrary to what I was told with my last male kitten - it does
affect head size - they need to wait so their head growth is not
stunted. I know the breeder has sever non neutered males in the house
that did not spray regardless of the fact they were older and had bred
- she had a couple she did keep down stairs that did spray.
I am going to try to wait the full 8 mnths unless he starts showing
signs that he knows he is a man.
Karryl

Old April 22nd 04, 02:14 AM
Cheryl

soft dumped this in
on 21 Apr 2004:

"soft" wrote in message

I discused this with the breeder and the vet - they both said to wait
till 8 months because of the breed
and contrary to what I was told with my last male kitten - it does
affect head size - they need to wait so their head growth is not
stunted. I know the breeder has sever non neutered males in the house
that did not spray regardless of the fact they were older and had bred
- she had a couple she did keep down stairs that did spray.
I am going to try to wait the full 8 mnths unless he starts showing
signs that he knows he is a man.
Karryl

So they weigh head size over the overall happiness and wellbeing of the
cat? Amazing.

--
Cheryl

Old April 22nd 04, 07:27 PM
soft

why must you all decide exactly what a person must do here?
! - I am getting him neutered
2 - I would like him to have the head size inteded for the breed
3 - he is inside and is not going to create any kittens
4 all my other cats are fixed
5 I will do this on what I believe is best of this Kitten - not what
you all think is what I should do - He is an expensive petigree out
ofchampions - I suppose if I had decided I was going to breed this
kitten at some later date everyone would have a fit.

I adopted 3 cats and saved them from being killed - they are fixed -
indoor cats and spoiled and very loved. After the mac truck hit me and
all the pain and suffering I have been through I believed I had the
right to get me the breed of cat I have really wanted but instead my
first choice was to save those other cats and now my choice is to add
this mane coon to the family.

No one cat will get more love, non will every breed or go outside or
not see a vet when they need to. The all all feed and watered and kept
clean. They all get attention and spoiled. So tell me where I have
failed in my cat care? I research all my decissions before I make any
medical choices for me or my cats, and I believe that waiting an extra
3 months to neuter this cat is in his best interest. YES I do know he
may spray and if he starts then I will neuter him - He may not spray
and will still be neutered at 8 mnths. If you don't like my choice
that is too bad_________________THIS IS NOT YOUR CAT, NOT YOUR HOUSE,
AND NOT YOUR CHOICE.

I am very sorry I posted to this group - you use to be understanding
and supportave - NOW YOUR JUST HORRIBLE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO
CONTROL EVERYONES DECISSIONS. YOUR RESPONSE TO ME WAS AS IF
I WERE GOING TO DECLAW HIM
idiots

bye
Karryl