Brother Scott: No Cancer

Old March 18th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Brother Scott: No Cancer

I don't know what further testing the oncologist said but he told my brother
he does not have lung cancer. Of course he fussed at him for being a smoker
and Scott is going to try to quit. Meanwhile, he'll go back in 6 months for
another check just to make sure. Thank you all for the purrs!

Jill

Old March 18th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Such wonderful news! Glad for your whole family!
--
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin

Old March 18th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I don't know what further testing the oncologist said but he told my
brother
he does not have lung cancer. Of course he fussed at him for being a
smoker
and Scott is going to try to quit. Meanwhile, he'll go back in 6 months
for
another check just to make sure. Thank you all for the purrs!

Jill

My brother was a chain smoker for years. He tried several methods to stop
smoking, but none worked -- and he once said that he knew it was
"impossible" for him to stop. Well, he did stop! He used a prescription
medication called Zyban, and that enabled him to turn the corner (but he
still had to work at it). It is an antidepressant that is marketed along
with another medication. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the second
prescription (starts with a "P," I think). It has now been nearly 10 years
since he took his last cigarette. When he stopped smoking, he started a
bank account and put all the money into that account that he *used* to put
in cigarettes. It grew and grew, and then he bought a *new car* with that
fund! I wonder if that could serve as motivation for your brother?
Whatever it is, the smoker (just like the dieter) needs to find some
internal motivation. I do not believe it works at all for someone to
"pressure" them to quit. (And I do realize that you did not say anything
like that -- I just added it as a bit of commentary.)

MaryL

Old March 18th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I don't know what further testing the oncologist said but he told my
brother
he does not have lung cancer. Of course he fussed at him for being a
smoker
and Scott is going to try to quit. Meanwhile, he'll go back in 6 months
for
another check just to make sure. Thank you all for the purrs!

Jill

\

Hope the doc succeeded in scared him enough. If my brother had quit
smoking, he might still be alive. There are so many of us that really miss
him.

Jo

Old March 18th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
I don't know what further testing the oncologist said but he told my
brother he does not have lung cancer. Of course he fussed at him for
being a smoker and Scott is going to try to quit. Meanwhile, he'll
all for the purrs!

Jill

That is good news :-) purrs that he succesfully quits smoking.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 18th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
I don't know what further testing the oncologist said but he told my brother
he does not have lung cancer. Of course he fussed at him for being a smoker
and Scott is going to try to quit. Meanwhile, he'll go back in 6 months for
another check just to make sure. Thank you all for the purrs!

Excellent news!!! So what is it?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he