Accident update *grin*

Old November 27th 03, 03:19 AM
GraceCat

This is really great! Dr's tend to be a bit pessimistic so he might recover
faster than predicted. Also sounds like he has a lot of reasons to recover,
never under estimate the human spirit. After all I'm supposed to be dead by 2
and/or a mental vegtible. Insted I'm a bit nutty.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

Ack! I'm so glad you're not Suz.

It hasn't all been great news. He's awful emotionally right now
because... well just the daily doctor's reports, what he's facing,
what's going to happen long term after he goes home and this is all
over. He's facing handicaps, and they are fairly easy to live with
with proper knowledge and a little practice. His woman is willing to
take him, baggage and all so that's going to help over the next year
or so until life resumes what will be normal for him.

I think I agree with you about the doctors. They are always leaning on
the outside of the worst.
Old November 27th 03, 07:05 AM
Hopitus2

We are all "cat-nuts" here anyway, Suz, and I for one am happy to be one.
Very glad you're not *dead* though....and I'm grateful this Thanksgiving for
not being so myself from that heart attack last July. Gracie, the kinda docs
that boy has are the kind who get hit with "deep-pockets" lawsuits because
of the specialty they chose....AFAIK, the only other specialty doc who gets
hit with more is obstetrician. Is it any wonder there are so few of those
these days? Most in our area have dropped OB altogether and only practice
gynecology exclusively. Anyway, if things turn out *better* than what they
predict, it's one way to get "off the hook".....and imagine if things turned
out *worse*.......

"SUQKRT" wrote in message
:
: In article ,

: (GracecatOnl) wrote:
:
:
: Just to keep some who are interested up to date on my friend..
:
: He has a fiance' who obviously said yes this past weekend . Sometime
: next
: summer from what I hear.
:
: He's healing better than expected, so now maybe Christmas instead of the
: first.
: Today was his first skin graft and it went well. It's going well enough
: his
: father is going back to work offshore this week and family is popping
back
: up
: here for an overnight visit for routine daily stuff. (one or two at a
time
: of
: course)
:
: He's out of ICU temporarily. He was upset because family wasn't allowed
: to stay
: with him so they moved him into a regular room between surgeries. He'll
: spend a
: couple days after each in ICU until risk of complications is no longer
: a
: threat. Basically a "heal the mind, heal the body" decision.
:
: Grace
:
:
: This is really great! Dr's tend to be a bit pessimistic so he might
recover
: faster than predicted. Also sounds like he has a lot of reasons to
recover,
: never under estimate the human spirit. After all I'm supposed to be dead
by 2
: and/or a mental vegtible. Insted I'm a bit nutty.
: Suz
: Iron Chef Macmoosette
: Thank Heavens There's Only One
: =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=
:
: Chocolate heals all wounds.

Old November 27th 03, 03:45 PM
GraceCat

"Hopitus2" wrote in message ...
We are all "cat-nuts" here anyway, Suz, and I for one am happy to be one.
Very glad you're not *dead* though....and I'm grateful this Thanksgiving for
not being so myself from that heart attack last July. Gracie, the kinda docs
that boy has are the kind who get hit with "deep-pockets" lawsuits because
of the specialty they chose....AFAIK, the only other specialty doc who gets
hit with more is obstetrician. Is it any wonder there are so few of those
these days? Most in our area have dropped OB altogether and only practice
gynecology exclusively. Anyway, if things turn out *better* than what they
predict, it's one way to get "off the hook".....and imagine if things turned
out *worse*.......

Yeah, we were talking about that somewhat yesterday Hopitus. My
father-in-law was grumping why aren't all of these hospitals trauma
ready. "Band-aid" stations he called them. I told him it's a matter of
money, it costs to supply the ER's. My mother-in-law said it's a
matter of wanting to pay those extra insurance costs that it requires.
Our local hospitals have great doctors. I love where I was for my
kidlet's deliveries. I wouldn't trade my OB/GYN for 'nuthin. But such
as it is, they don't have the resources or equipment to deal with big
ticket health issues.

All in all, you make a valid point and it's probably very much true.
And it's sad when we live in a world that is so litigation happy that
people are afraid to even suggest the wrong thing.

The way I see it... if things turned out "worse" than what the doctor
predicted, it happens. That may sound crass of me, but really. I don't
understand this politically correct, CYA world sometimes.