Animal Cruelty Conviction

Old May 15th 04, 02:17 PM
JBHajos

Default Animal Cruelty Conviction

I live in what I've fondly dubbed the "Idiot State." A couple of
years ago, it finally passed an anti-cruelty law for the animals.
Most "punishments" have been the slap-on-the-wrist type. Yesterday, a
fellow was sentenced to *prison* (not jail) for 18 months plus five
years' probation. This was a *first* so it made the news. Yaaay!
Maybe there's hope for the old state yet!!

Jeanne
Old May 15th 04, 03:26 PM
Sherry

I live in what I've fondly dubbed the "Idiot State." A couple of
years ago, it finally passed an anti-cruelty law for the animals.
Most "punishments" have been the slap-on-the-wrist type. Yesterday, a
fellow was sentenced to *prison* (not jail) for 18 months plus five
years' probation. This was a *first* so it made the news. Yaaay!
Maybe there's hope for the old state yet!!

Jeanne

Oh, YAAAAAYY! That's so encouraging! Of all the abuse cases I have followed
through, NOT ONE was sentenced to actually serve in prison. The sentences .I
just had a bad wicked thought. I hope the defendant's roomie in prison is a
really, really, big, really really tough animal lover.

Sherry

Old May 15th 04, 07:58 PM

Sherry wrote:

I just had a bad wicked thought. I hope the defendant's roomie in
prison is a really, really, big, really really tough animal lover.

Or just a really, really, big, really really tough animal!

Joyce

Old May 15th 04, 10:50 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Sherry wrote:

I live in what I've fondly dubbed the "Idiot State." A couple of
years ago, it finally passed an anti-cruelty law for the animals.
Most "punishments" have been the slap-on-the-wrist type. Yesterday, a
fellow was sentenced to *prison* (not jail) for 18 months plus five
years' probation. This was a *first* so it made the news. Yaaay!
Maybe there's hope for the old state yet!!

Jeanne

Oh, YAAAAAYY! That's so encouraging! Of all the abuse cases I have followed
through, NOT ONE was sentenced to actually serve in prison. The sentences .I
just had a bad wicked thought. I hope the defendant's roomie in prison is a
really, really, big, really really tough animal lover.

Speaking of imprisoned animal lovers, has anyone watched the "Prison
Dogs" series on Animal Planet? Really interesting, what lving with a
dog and training it can do for "hard case" inmates. (And, since they
train the dogs as assistants to the handicapped, it has a good effect
for the dogs, too.)

Sherry

Old May 15th 04, 11:33 PM
Yowie

"JBHajos" wrote in message
I live in what I've fondly dubbed the "Idiot State." A couple of
years ago, it finally passed an anti-cruelty law for the animals.
Most "punishments" have been the slap-on-the-wrist type. Yesterday, a
fellow was sentenced to *prison* (not jail) for 18 months plus five
years' probation. This was a *first* so it made the news. Yaaay!
Maybe there's hope for the old state yet!!

I'm glad that they are taking animal cruelty cases seriously, but pray tell,
what is the difference between jail and prison? I thought they were just
synonyms?

Yowie