Ack! The rest of the update

Old February 18th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Ack! The rest of the update

I hit the wrong key again and sent an unfinished and un edited message
to the group. I"m not used to using google messages, as you can
tell. it does work better than it did the last time I had to use it,
though.

Basically what I was trying to say is that Rob has pneumonia, is at
least temporarily paralysed on the right side, cannot talk more than a
grunt, and is doing better than he could be, At keast he can look at
me with both eyes, though they don't have emotion in them.

I want to drag someone from the VA over and force them to see Rob as
he is right now. Maybe they'd understand what he is going through. I
don't know how to handle some of the things that I need to do, like
Taxes, contacting the VA since Rob can't, deciding who else needs to
know about his medical and so forth. Has anyone else dealt with this
and/or can you give me advice on this. What do I do next? I've
contacted Rob's family, tried to get hold of my eldest child, and let
his best friend, who is currently stationed in Germany know. I
contacted Rob's oncologist's case manager about the original
diagnosis, but can't contact her before Monday, and the two Drs are
supposed to consult on Tuesday anyway.

I took Mandy and her boy friend, Jim, home Friday in order to cut down
on some of the expenses and hopefully exchange the rental for Emily,
our Ford Tempo, who is still in the shop. Huey, who adopted Rob a
month or so after his first cancer surgery, is mad at me. He finally
slept on Rob's side of the bed last night, but only whith his butt in
my face. Sonya got mad at Mandy, who she blamed for us being gone,
got into her room and trashed it. I expect that Mandy and Jim spent a
good portion of today picking up belongings and undoing the damage.
QC forgave me. Which is something.

I can live with Rob paralysed. I just want him to be able to respond
and make sense.

Pam S.

Old February 18th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget

Pam, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. It must be
terrifying and exhausting and then maybe not so much because you just
don't have time to think. I cry every time I read your posts. I just
want Rob to be okay.

I am on my way to Church right now. I will light a candle specifically
for Rob and you and your family and that you all get the healing you
need, whatever that may be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you daily. I check the list every time
I walk by the computer to see if you have posted an update.

As for practical advice, there is probably an agency in town doing
people's taxes, especially low income. Call around and find out who they
are and go to see them. They can help you there. If there isn't any
agency, I am sure that we on the list can come up with the money for you
to go to H&R block for you to get this taken care of. I know money is
tight, but we will help you out. I also know you need to get taxes taken
care of so you can file for financial aid for next year. Let us know
what you want to do - you know all you have to do is ask.

Hang in there.

Love,
Bridget

Old February 18th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel

Huge hugs, Pam -- I can only guess what it's taking to try and hang in there
for you all. I agree with Bridget's practical advice to you; just keep us
posted on what we can do for you on the group -- also you should be able to
get a social worker to help you from the V.A.. I just found this link to a
patient advocacy group in N.C. --
http://www.cancercentersofnc.com/sup...rt_groups.html

Here are some other links that may help, I hope:
http://www.cancerlinksusa.com/financial_aid.htm
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f.../organizations

http://www.mosescone.com/11479.cfm
http://www.nchealthinfo.org/resource...fo=189,0,0,0,3

Christine

ups.com...

Old February 18th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

tanadashoes wrote:
I can live with Rob paralysed. I just want him to be able to respond
and make sense.

We'll keep purring for the best possible outcome.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 18th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Haven't got the words. Just hang in there.

helen s

Old February 18th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
ups.com...
.... I don't know how to handle some of the things that I need to do, like
Taxes, contacting the VA since Rob can't, deciding who else needs to
know about his medical and so forth. ...
I can live with Rob paralysed. I just want him to be able to respond
and make sense.
Pam S.

Hi Pam,

Rob needs some time to recuperate from his pneumonia and the surgery. His
body needs to kind of sort things through. You'll probably see some
improvement when he feels better.

Meanwhile, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers, and Cinder and Rosie
are sending purrs for peace and healing for you both.

We have a friend in N.C. who has some experience dealing with the VA
regarding disabilities. He is the ex Army helicopter pilot we were hoping
you and Rob could meet last summer. Would you like me to contact him and
ask him if he would be able to help and tell him how to contact you? I have
to warn you that he has a tendency to try to take control of things, which
might seem a little overbearing to you. Or, maybe it's what you need.

Be looking in your snail mailbox for a couple of cards.

Hugs to you and Rob and the rest of your family.

Annie

Old February 18th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

If you need to get taxes done in order to apply for aid for school, remember
you can file them now as best you can, and amend them later if you realize
you have more deductions, etc.

In my experience, Vita volunteers are better trained than the average HR
Blockhead.

To locate the nearest VITA site, call 1-800-829-1040.

Also see http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...107626,00.html

There should be a group on your nearest military base that can help you.

Jo

Old February 18th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Pam,

When my sig. other went through a very risky surgery a couple years ago,
they had a social worker-type person come up and talk to us about power
of attorney. They got us set up with all the right people for that. The
same dept also helped the kid in the same room arrange a way home when
he was stranded.

I would check if the hospital has social workers there and go sit and
talk with them. They've seen people through all sorts of medical
situations and may have avenues that can help. At ours, they seemed to
think of things in advance.

Good luck,

Rhonda

Old February 18th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 18, 9:16 am, Bridget wrote:
[...]

Thank you Bridget. The military does our taxes. It's free and they
don't make as many mistakes as H&R Block. I may not have to worry as
much about this, though I am following Lee's advice and asking for a
Patient Advocate for Rob. Will be posting today's update soonest.

Pam S.

Old February 18th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 18, 12:33 pm, "Annie Wxill" wrote:
[...]

Thank you Annie. I'm going to try the patient advocate first, and
then go on from there. I'll keep your friend in mind if the VA gives
us more grief.

Pam S.

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 01:03 AM
Sammy Update CatNipped Cat anecdotes 33 August 25th 04 09:15 AM
ANOTHER UPDATE UPDATE Tomorrow Adrian Cat anecdotes 2 August 6th 04 07:27 PM
Update on Abby the Lazarus cat :-) AJ Cat health & behaviour 46 February 2nd 04 01:36 AM
Dee Dee - AWOL UPDATE (long) Jette Goldie Cat anecdotes 34 October 7th 03 06:23 PM