Update on Blocked Cat

Old May 16th 05, 07:23 PM
Steve Crane

This makes me sick. No vet should be sending dry food home with a cat
that has been blocked.

And you got your DVM degree from where? Let's turn off the emotional
hysteria and think a bit before making such a rash suggestion.
Literally hundreds of thousands of cats have been _very_ sucessfully
managed on dry forms of c/d for nearly 40 years.

Please get your cat on a *high quality* strictly
canned food diet fed on a 12 hour schedule. This is the best way to
avoid future problems. Wellness canned food is an excellent choice

and
is almost identical in promoting the urine ph that c/d does.

That is incorrect. Urine pH is only one part of the issue controlling
crystaluria in cats. Assuming that setting urine pH to some value
solves all the problems is grossly in error. You cannot simply
manufacture one lot of food and test urine pH. More importantly there a
huge number of additional issues that must be resolved besides just the
urine pH. You have to insure that every lot of food consistently meets
all those criteria. Wellness has no such facilities and does no such
testing on each and every lot of food. They don't even own their own
manufacturing facilities anymore, much less have the testing protocols
in place and facilities to insure urine pH consistency from one lot to
the next. And more importantly there is no reason for them to do so.
They don't market their foods as therapeutic foods for the disease.

Old May 16th 05, 07:41 PM
-L.

animzmirot wrote:
Got our kitty back from the vet this morning. $1129.14 poorer, I

might add.
He was in the vets for 3 nights, Highlights of the bill were
hospitalization charges including "biowaste management" ($3.99 ea) at
$122.40 per night,

Just a note. If they are charging you $122/night just for boarding,
this is outrageous. At the feline specialty clinic I worked for,
boarding fee was $13.50/day and that included food. It should never be
more than $30 - and that's even in intensive care. I'd do some calling
around and see what other vets in your area charge. I know you are in
Boston area, but even in the Bay it wasn't that high.

-L.

Old May 17th 05, 09:51 AM
Brad

On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46:46 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

"Brad" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 15 May 2005 06:07:13 GMT, "Phil P."
wrote:

"Mary" wrote in message

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
news

John, I think you should know that Phil knows more about cat

nutrition
than most vets. Believe what he tells you.

Grow up Mike. On the one hand there is a trained vet to whom I paid
$800 for an unblocking operation and medical advice. On the other

hand
there is an anonymous persona in a usenet newsgroup who has
pretentions to authority. On the planet Earth, Mike, I trust the vet.

Funny--this is how I feel about Megan's advice, but Phil has
actually given me advice that my vet agreed with but had not
thought of. So in my experience, Phil actually has displayed
more knowledge about cat nutrition and other issues than
any vet I have had. Granted there are better and worse vets.

I think John should keep his windows closed- sounds like he's down wind

from
the crack houses in his neighborhood.

Hey Fill you and I have gone around before you

...and you're dumb enough to come back for more after I made a complete and
utter ass out of you the first time around? LOL!

You said you could write a paragraph about how much better dry food is than
canned-- what happened, Brat? Can't walk it like you talk it, eh? LOL!

Did they run you out of
that other group......I left because of you

Great! Hopefully you'll leave this one, too. You're not exactly a fountain
of feline knowledge- and judging from your mentality, you'll never be one.

and then lo and behold you
pop up here.....

You really are a ****in' moron, aren't you, Brat? I've been here for 6
years! ROTFL!

Oh Fill you are to funny......I call you Fill and you come back with
the oh so witty Brat......what a freaking child you are........I left
that group because after you got there the posts started dropping
until there was only one or two a day......and that didn't happen
until you came along.......can you explain that one Fill......I'm
still laughing about you calling me Brat.....lol......you came up
witha good one there Fill so original.....

If I wanted to continue this nonsense I would post the info I found
today that said there are even some canned foods that are coming close
to the complete nutrition found in your premium dry formulas......You
are flat out wrong Fill......sorry.......I am putting you on ignore
again.....I don't killfile or that crap I just find you humorous and
pretend you aren't here.....

Your friend.......Brat.......lol.......lol.....
Old May 17th 05, 12:32 PM
Phil P.

"Brad" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46:46 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Mary" wrote in message

[...]

incoherent babbling snipped

If I wanted to continue this nonsense I would post the info I found
today that said there are even some canned foods that are coming close
to the complete nutrition found in your premium dry formulas......

In other words, in addition to being a disgustingly filthy pig, you're also
a babbling idiot that can't walk it like you talk it.

Knowing idiots like you have cats, makes me tremble at every adoption.

Old May 17th 05, 03:53 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brad" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46:46 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Mary" wrote in message

[...]

He's buying the next one from a breeder, so at least the shelter cats,
if not all cats, are safe.

Old May 17th 05, 04:11 PM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brad" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46:46 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Mary" wrote in message

[...]

Except his cats. If he doesn't even wash his clothes, imagine the condition
of the litterboxes. His poor cats probably have to wade through piles ****
and puddles of ****.

I knew he was an asshole from his first post.

Old May 17th 05, 05:06 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brad" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:46:46 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

.. .

****
and puddles of ****.

I knew he was an asshole from his first post.

Just goes to show you that anyone, even a flaming asshole, can
have a decent sig.

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 01:03 AM
Latest Crackles Update (appt moved up) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 12th 04 01:37 PM
Back - and Mikey update (long) LOL Cat anecdotes 60 June 14th 04 05:55 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM
Natasha Update Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 14 August 22nd 03 06:30 PM