Morbid me (OT)

Old March 15th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Morbid me (OT)

Singh wrote in news:4417BE55.FE0B6C21
@localnet.com:

This past weekend my mother, who died in 1988, would have had her
birthday. She would have been 98, if she had had the constitution of
Rose Kennedy. She was nealy 60 when she adopted me as a baby, which is
how at the age of 40 I had George Burns in drag for a mom.

Your mom sounds like an amazing woman, and it's not morbid to remember
her, nor is it morbid to share her a bit with us.

Chak

--
I would like at least one political party in this country to be willing
to say that sex is fun and an important part of being human.
Old March 15th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Singh" wrote in message
This past weekend my mother, who died in 1988, would have had her
birthday. She would have been 98, if she had had the constitution of
Rose Kennedy. She was nealy 60 when she adopted me as a baby, which is
how at the age of 40 I had George Burns in drag for a mom.

She lived in great unhappiness because America gave her freedom, and a
miserable marriage to her was worth a life free to vote as she would and
believe as she would with no government interference. She served her
country proudly until illness forced a medical discharge upon her.
Before coming here she had been in one of Hitler's internment camps for
helping the Underground help Jews out of her native Poland.

For my American friends, please do your kids a favor. Give them a flag
and tell them that, if history had gone differently, we would have had
swastikas instead of stars.

Blessed be,
Baha

your mother sounds like an amazing woman. I bet you are proud of her!!!
Thankyou for letting us share her memory.

Old March 15th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-15, Singh penned:

For my American friends, please do your kids a favor. Give them a
flag and tell them that, if history had gone differently, we would
have had swastikas instead of stars.

Thank you for telling us about your mom. I don't have kids, but I'm
young enough that I'll just tell myself that.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 15th 06, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Singh wrote:
[...]

AFAIC, we live in a country that is run by Hitler's equivalent.
Nothing to be proud of here.

-L.

Old March 15th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

She lived in great unhappiness because America gave her freedom, and a
miserable marriage to her was worth a life free to vote as she would and
believe as she would with no government interference. She served her
country proudly until illness forced a medical discharge upon her.
Before coming here she had been in one of Hitler's internment camps for
helping the Underground help Jews out of her native Poland.

There is nothing morbid about honouring your loved ones who just so
happen to be dead.

Your mom was a very brave person.

--Fil

Old March 15th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Singh" wrote in message
This past weekend my mother, who died in 1988, would have had her
birthday. She would have been 98, if she had had the constitution of
Rose Kennedy. She was nealy 60 when she adopted me as a baby, which is
how at the age of 40 I had George Burns in drag for a mom.

She lived in great unhappiness because America gave her freedom, and a
miserable marriage to her was worth a life free to vote as she would and
believe as she would with no government interference. She served her
country proudly until illness forced a medical discharge upon her.
Before coming here she had been in one of Hitler's internment camps for
helping the Underground help Jews out of her native Poland.

For my American friends, please do your kids a favor. Give them a flag
and tell them that, if history had gone differently, we would have had
swastikas instead of stars.

What a birthday to *celebrate*, Baha. I'm amazed at the strength and spirit
fo people who can go through such horrific things and still make a life for
themselvse that includes the capacity to love others. My ex's mother is
Polish, and whilst evaded the camps, had horror stories of her own (that I'm
not repeating here), and yet she remained the sweetest, kindest, gentlest
woman.

Such lives ought to be, *NEED* to be celebrated as they are a testament to
what freedom actually is.

*hugs* to you & your family on this bittersweet day.

Yowie

Old March 15th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

She lived in great unhappiness because America gave her freedom, and a
miserable marriage to her was worth a life free to vote as she would and
believe as she would with no government interference. She served her
country proudly until illness forced a medical discharge upon her.
Before coming here she had been in one of Hitler's internment camps for
helping the Underground help Jews out of her native Poland.

There is nothing morbid about honouring your loved ones who just so
happen to be dead.

Isn't that "Living Impaired?" Baha, I salute your mom and your desire to
honor her. I've printed out a copy of your first post and put it up where
we can all ready it.

Pam S.

Old March 17th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Singh wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of hugs and purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 22nd 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thanks everyone. I tend to get a little maudlin right around this time,
don't mind me. I'm glad there are so many who appreciate the service and
example that one person presented. And thank you for putting up with the
tear in my beer that I've been having in recent times.

And Nomen (somehow I think you're nearby!) Frances was a gunnery instructor
in the Navy. She did teach me to use and respect a rifle.

Blessed be,
Baha