Thread of Memory

Old October 26th 11, 12:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Thread of Memory

(with thanks to Sharon for reminding me)

As the veil between here and Rainbow Bridge grows thin at this time of
year, it is traditional for those left behind to post the names of those
who are still in their hearts, if not in their homes.

It usually takes the form of:

name of critter,species of critter if not cat house of family's
name (if family is unknown, Bast will always claim the unknown), RB,
MIA, other (RB=Rainbow Bridge, MIA=Missing in Action, years in one's
life, quick message of love.

Rec.pets.cats.community have the Jellicle Ball, a very similar concept
done with perhaps more creativity and imagination than here, but with no
less love and deep sense of loss. There is no reason why your lost
beloved cannot appear in the remembrance rituals of both groups.

Blackie, house of Chapman Sr, RB, 1976-?, first cat
Snoopy, house of Chapman Sr, RB, 1978-~1989, first heart cat
Brainy (Budgie), house of Chapman/Nagy, RB, 1989-1995, such a big
personality in such a small body
Vomit (budgie, mate of Brainy), house of Noon/Chapman/Nagy 1991-1995,
died of a broken heart 2 weeks after Brainy
"Drooling cat", House of Bast, MIA, ??, always greeted me to and from
the train station, until one day she didn't and never did again
Bowie (dog), House of Martiska/Watson/Chapman, RB, ?-2004, my noodlenut
Shmoggleberry J Cat, Esq, House of Nagy/Chapman/Watson, RB, 1994-2007,
B*st*rd C*t, thief of my heart
Fluffy (d*g), House of Chapman/Watson, RB, 1998-2010, best goggy in the
whole world
Rachess (bettafish), House of Chapman, RB, 2008-2010, beloved fish of
the Yowlet

Old October 26th 11, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kalynnda Rivermoon

Cindy (d*g), House of Berens, RB, 1976, first pet
Twilight, House of Berens, RB, 1983-2000, first cat and first heart cat
Shadow, House of Rivermoon, RB, 1990-2010 , familiar kitty
Tigger, House of Berens/Shippey, RB, 1994-2004. our sweet dumb tabby
Misty, House of Rivermoon, RB, ?-2010, our beautiful, loving (to us)
tortie with lots of 'tude
Pixel, House of Rivermoon, RB, 2000-2010, heart kitty to both of us

Old October 26th 11, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Smudgie's siblings, House of Mathie, RB 2007
Fozzie, House of Morrison, RB 2011 Sharon's favourite little cat dude ever,
forever
Dug, House of Murray, RB 2011 Sharon's best ever gardening buddy and
champion biscuit eater!
Sootie, House of Jill, RB 2011 Together for a short time but she'll be loved
for a lifetime
All the shelter animals we lost this year, House of Morrison, RB 2011

Old October 26th 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Oct 26, 7:24*am, Yowie wrote:
(with thanks to Sharon for reminding me)

As the veil between here and Rainbow Bridge grows thin at this time of
year, it is traditional for those left behind to post the names of those
who are still in their hearts, if not in their homes.

Fritzie, house of Singh
Odessa-Doll, House of Singh
Cleo, House of Porter
Guido, Patches, and Hobbes, House of Schroeder
Bozer, dog, House of Szczepanski
Monty, dog, House of Roswell, beloved minister to the sick within
Buffalo

With many thanks on behalf of my family and friends,
Blessed be,
Elizabeth

Old October 26th 11, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M[_2_]

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:24:42 +1100, Yowie wrote:

Cassandra (RB), house of Kasberger-Mahoney - 1988-1992 - beautiful white
himmy who taught me the wonder of cats, and loved to petted for hours at
a time
Shadow (RB), house of Kasberger-Mahoney - 1988-1989 - grey/black tabby
with a world of catitude
Frisky (RB), house of Mahoney, 1992-1998 - beautiful Siamese, loved to
wander the hallway singing at night
Tigger (RB), house of Mahoney, 1992-1999 - orange tabby, loved to be an
In/Out cat, one of the dumbest kitties I ever knew, perpetually bullied
by local mockingbirds
Cinderella (RB), house of Mahoney, 1998-2001 - tiny kitty, willing to
tackle things much larger than herself
DD (RB), house of Mahoney, 2000-2003 - a sweet girlcat, fought a good
fight CRF
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat (RB), house of Mahoney, 1997-2010
- beautiful angel-furred girlcat, dignified to the end.
Tabitha (MIA), house of Mahoney, 2001-2010 - beautiful long-haired black
girlcat with bright golden eyes. Very timid, even with her own humans.
Spoke with a cute, drawn-out squeak. Disappeared from the house one day,
didn't turn up after months and months of looking. I've got to believe
that she was taken in my a loving family.

Old October 26th 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Speedy Joe-House of Madigan-McMann-MIA -1984- our first and only boy
Motley-(D thing)-RB- ????-1983-Why did someone think that was funny?
Fugazi- House of Madigan-McMann RB 1987-1999- Our kitten chaos til the
end
Isis- House of Madigan-McMann RB 1987-2003- Emeritus Professor of
Feline Cuteness
Travis- House of Bast RB 2003-2003-If only we'd adopted you as well

And sadly

Redunzel House of Madigan-McMann RB 2003-2011- our little 'un over the
Bridge far far too soon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 26th 11, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Oct 26, 7:46*am, Kalynnda Rivermoon wrote:
Cindy (d*g), House of Berens, RB, 1976, first pet
Twilight, House of Berens, RB, 1983-2000, first cat and first heart cat
Shadow, House of Rivermoon, RB, 1990-2010 , familiar kitty
Tigger, House of Berens/Shippey, RB, 1994-2004. our sweet dumb tabby
Misty, House of Rivermoon, RB, ?-2010, our beautiful, loving (to us)
tortie with lots of 'tude
Pixel, House of Rivermoon, RB, 2000-2010, heart kitty to both of us

Rusty, House Leong, RB, 1996-2010, medium hair male orange tabby
Old October 27th 11, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Honey, house of Walter (the dog I grew up with) - lived to age 21

Tawny, house of Gaylord - about 10 years from his appearance as a scrawny,
dirty kitten who came in answer to my husband's calling our dog until he
went to the RB.
Pyewacket, house of Gaylord - About ten years, beginning a few years after
Tawny's coming and lasting a few years after Tawny's departure

Rudy, house of Gaylord - brought home as a kitten by Pyewacket - about ten
years

Herbie, house of Gaylord - a neighbor's kitten, invited by Rudy to come in
out of the rain, and who stayed with us for about eight years

Archaeopteryx (Arky), house of Gaylord - who lived for two years after
coming to us, brain-damaged

Skeeter, house of Gaylord - about eight years

Lindy, house of Gaylord - a pound rescue, who established her dominance over
Skeeter within two weeks, in spite of Skeeter's seniority, both in age and
residence time - about ten years

Nanki-Poo, house of Gaylord - another pound rescue, and my heart cat, whom I
had for only three years and seven months

Old October 27th 11, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Aggie - house of Merrill's Agway. RB 10/23/11 - age estimated at 19.
Aggie wandered into the store and made her home there - greeting all the
customers. She just faded away and died peacefully in her owner's arms
- purring. She will be greatly missed.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 30th 11, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_3_]

On Oct 26, 6:24*am, Yowie wrote:
[...]

Shadow, House of Peterson RB 2000 Smartest kitty
Casper, House of Peterson, RB 2005 Sweetest kitty
Tiger, House of Peterson, RB 2009 Small in size but large in spirit
Goblin, House of Lawrence, RB 2002 Met him at the dumpsters, everyones
friend but especially mine

Thread 10 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 10:12 PM
Thread 9 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:57 PM
Thread 7 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:50 PM
Thread 6 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:41 PM
Thread 5 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:30 PM