New Camera - New Bubba Pix

Old March 19th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Default New Camera - New Bubba Pix

Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg

They're kinda big, so...
Old March 20th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Fabulous photos of a gorgeous cat!

Bonnie

Old March 20th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
22brix wrote:
Fabulous photos of a gorgeous cat!

Bonnie

Thanks...

He's a real ham

.. .

Old March 20th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Mar 19, 9:49*pm, (Claude V. Lucas) wrote:
In article ,

22brix wrote:
Fabulous photos of a gorgeous cat!

Bonnie

Thanks...

He's a real ham

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
.. .
Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg

They're kinda big, so...- Hide quoted text -

Dang- he looks like a little lion :-)

Old March 20th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg

They're kinda big, so...

Those are gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Somewhat OT: I notice you used a Nikon D40. I have been considering a
Nikon 40Dx or D60. I have a Nikon digital camera but would really like a
digital SLR. How do you like yours by now? Anything that I should
specifically consider (positive or negative -- and no pun intended there)?

Thanks,
MaryL

Old March 20th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg

They're kinda big, so...

OMG!!!! *GORGEOUS* pictures of a *GORGEOUS* cat! Thanks for sharing those
Claude!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 20th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
.. .
Nikon D40 - my first "real" camera...

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba01.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba02.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~claudel/bubba03.jpg

They're kinda big, so...

Those are gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Somewhat OT: I notice you used a Nikon D40. I have been considering a
Nikon 40Dx or D60. I have a Nikon digital camera but would really like a
digital SLR. How do you like yours by now? Anything that I should
specifically consider (positive or negative -- and no pun intended there)?

I've only had it for a couple of weeks, so I'm still climbing
the learning curve. I got the D40 instead of the D40x or D60
because it was cheaper and the 6 megapixels seemed like plenty.

Evidently much more than that is only useful if one is going
to make large prints. Before this I had a 10 megapixel point
& shoot, but the lens was nowhere near as nice and clear as
the Nikkor that came with the D40. There's a lot I need to
learn about how the thing works. I got a bundle that came with
extended Nikon warranties and a couple of DVDs that explain
how the camera works and the basics of photography. I'm still
trying to sort the f stops from the ISO settings and which
camera settings to use for which shots but it's gradually
starting to make a bit of sense. There's a bunch of good info
on the net. I started here

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

and here

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40...uide/index.htm

There's many other great sites that have insights into
other brands as well. I also signed up at Nikonians

http://www.nikonians.org/

where there are many Nikon users of all experience levels.

Have fun

I wish I had a camera [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 July 1st 07 04:32 AM
New camera! Marina Cat anecdotes 15 January 16th 07 04:02 PM
Little Camera Hog! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 26 February 27th 05 08:21 AM
Why do I never have a camera?? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 May 24th 04 03:14 AM