Jellicle Ball: Calling of Names

Old October 21st 03, 03:07 AM
Sherry Laing

Hihihi, Miranda! We're so glad yew got done wif all your blackcat druid
Bast priestess fings an got Momma Jo to let you atta pooter! I didn't
know all doze stories bout yew an Penrod or how he camed to da JMCC or how
he an da mommas exchanged energys -- doze were gudgud stories! --Talisker
Pippin, glad to see the blackcat sitting by da standing stones

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, JGW wrote:

Fangu Tally an Pandy (speshully Tally!) for dat. Now dat I FINALLY
have a typist ritin for me I can say a few words myself.

Well, Penrod an I took a wile to warm up to eech other. I always
thought he wuz kinda pushy. But I hafta admit, he wuz a gud leader an
he did a grate job keepin those trooder kitties away. I fink I bedder
let Momma Jo give da rest of da tribute.

Miranda-banda, draggin Momma Jo out.

Thanks, Tally and Pandy and Miranda. Tally I really appreciate your
doing this for us. I just didn't know where to begin to write a
tribute to Penrod. But I'll try.

Penrod arrived at the JMCC on his own paws. He started showing up at
the cat house and cat garage looking like he could use some food and
shelter and TED attention. I thought he was a girl, so we called him
Penelope. One day I got a look under his tail and I knew he was
Penrod instead.

Penrod was a very dominant cat and I worried that he would be able to
fit into our community. But after a while, he calmed down. He
learned who belonged and who didn't, and assumed the role of defender
of the clowder. He patrolled the cat house and cat garage and also
maintained rights inside the hoomin house. He was cat enough and
confident enough that, when somebody like Miranda would whap him or
growlhiss at him he never felt the need to retaliate. He just walked
away like a gentlecat.

He and Little Bit were sometimes scared of each other and occasionally
got into disagreements that were based on misunderstanding.
Eventually, they came to understand and even like each other.

Penrod had a very tender and magical side. Whenever he was low on
energy or whenever he sensed we were low on energy, he would plaster
himself on our chests, wrap his front paws around our necks, and do an
energy exchange. If we needed energy, he would siphon his own energy
into us. If he needed energy, he would draw if out of us into
himself. It didn't matter which way the flow was going, though; we
always felt energized afterwards.

He was always friendly and outgoing. Everybody knew and loved Penrod.
He did have a habit of biting and scratching hard, without much
warning, if you got on his nerves. We learned to read his body
language well enough to get out of the way when he was feeling grumpy.
Most of the time, he had a wonderful healing presence most of the
time. He gave off great cat heat and just the right weight so that
when he plopped himself down on us, it felt really cozy. And he was
always very good about getting medical treatments, even if he didn't
like them. He had been in the Out and knew what it was like to have
no one care about him, and he was so grateful to be loved and cared
for.

He was very very brave during his final illness. He put up with his
illness without complaint and managed to enjoy life right up until the
very end. When he finally gave us word that it was time to quit, his
body really was pretty much used up. But he remained cheerful and
positive right up until that time.

Our lives were richer for having Penrod in our lives. We depended on
him for so much--love and affection and the excellent leadership he
provided for the whole clowder. When Little Bit went to the Bridge,
all of the responsibility for maintaining order fell on his shoulders,
and he did a magnificent job of handling the many challenges that came
his way.

Penrod adored Sheba. He loved her for many years but thought she had
another winkwink. He was thrilled when she told him she felt the same
way about him. They had a wonderful happy relationship. And Sheba
was the one that let the whole world know how wonderful Orcacats are.

He was way too young to have to go to The Bridge and we were so sorry
he had to go. We always wonder what happened to him before he found
his way to us. We know he had fallen on hard times, and we are so
grateful that we were able to give him a OneTrooHome. We miss him
very much, but we are grateful that he graced our lives with his
loving presence as long as he did.

Momma Jo

Old October 21st 03, 03:14 AM
Sherry Laing

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, JGW wrote:

I'ze heer, I'ze heer. Yoo won't beleeve da typist trubbles I'ze had!!
Momma Jo kept draggin her feets about da Jellicle Ball an I fink she
wuz scared, an she kept sayin she didn't no ware to begin to write a
tribute. So FANGU Tally for doin dis!!

Yew're welcome, Miranda. I didn't want to presume, but I knew yew were
problee bizzy wif blackcat fings, an I *know* how it iz about getting yer
typist to do her job gives meaningful luk towards own typist

We all miss Little Bit furry much. She wuz a finefine doggie. An yoo
gottid da story furry well too. I finally dragged Momma Jo heer an
she's gonna say somefing now. RITE Momma Jo????

Miranda-banda, dragging da hoomin out to speek.

Um, thanks, so much Tally. And Miranda-banda. Sorry I'm so late
everybody. Well, let's see if I can do this.

beautiful tribute gently snipped

Oh, Momma Jo! I didn't know all doze fings about Liddle Bit! I'm glad
Miranda got yew here to tell us. I'm also glad yew didn't mind me
starting da tribyoots, but yew an Miranda haf done da bestest job. Fangu
fur letting me help out -- Talisker Pippin, prowd winkwink uv a JMCC cat

Visit the BallardBunch at Bitterroot Manor,
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/1240/

Old October 21st 03, 03:42 PM
KS

Anuffur bewtiful tribyewt, Antie Momma Jo. Weer sorree we dint get to know
Penrod az well az we did Miranda an Poppy. Mom sez tharez fingz bout him dat
she had wiff Spook. Thay boff left us tuu soon. sssniff

Bootsie, Gizmo, Sassy, and Whiskers
and their mom

Old October 22nd 03, 03:16 AM
The Clowder

JGW wrote:

reluktintly snippd

We miss her very much and hope she is happy at the Bridge.

Momma Jo, feeling like words aren't adequate to say what she means.

Doze wer troo an luffing wurrds yu fownd, Auntee MommaJo, muchmuch
beddur denn "addaqwit". Yu told us lots bowt Little Bit dat will help
us rememfur her eevin beddur den beefor. Fangu.

Mietze

--
Remove the first m to reply

Old October 22nd 03, 03:16 AM
The Clowder

JGW wrote:

snipt wiff reespekt

I know dere are lotz more stories bout Penrod an about OrcaCats, but rite
now I just wanna say dat Penrod wuz a furry important an beloved member uv
da JMCC an alla kitties an bunnies an fishies, an espeshully Momma Jo an
Momma Beff still miss him furry furry much. But I bet he's teachin da
Orcacat Song to da Rainbow Bridge Chorale rite now! --Talisker Pippin,
wif Pandora Pussycat

Dose were wunnerful, Tally, just grayt! Auntee MommaJo hasa hard time
wiff tribyoots, so wee'ze furry glad dat yu wer aybull to do deeze.

Wee no dat LittleBit wuz a xsillint frend to kitties, an wuz furry
impurrtint in da daytoday life ov da JMCC. An Penrod wuz sucha fine
fello. Wee will reememfur dem boff, wiff affekshun an gladniss dat
wee noo dem.

Mietze

Oh thanks, Mietze. How did you know?? I'm so glad you understand.
And again, thank you for all you do to keep the traditions of the
Jellicle Ball and the Rainbow Bridge Memorials alive.

Momma Jo

I fink MirandaBanda told mineselv. Or mebbe it wuz Penrod.

Da Jellicle Ball is furry deer to mine hart, Auntee MommaJo. Dere's
no mor impurrtint fing I cud do fur dis groop denn to onor doze wee
luff.

Mietze
--
Remove the first m to reply