Cat Using toilet and toilet paper

Old September 27th 09, 07:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Cussing

Sherry wrote:

On Sep 26, 6:59?pm, "Christina Websell"

I do know some words of German, but they are related to our common interests
in animals, nature and flowers.
It did not help me at the airport to know the German words for hedgehog,
bees, hens, wallflowers and motorway exit..

Heh. The only two things I remember in German are "Where is the
restroom?"
and "Where are the American soldiers.?"
LOL. But I suppose they could both be useful phrases under the right
circumstances.

Certainly those would be better in an airport than Tweed's repertoire.

Joyce - knows almost no German

--
Loneliness is comforted by the closeness and touch of fur to fur,
skin to skin, or -- skin to fur.
Old September 27th 09, 09:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Jofirey wrote:
"Sherry" wrote

...The only two things I remember in German are "Where is the
restroom?" and "Where are the American soldiers.?"

More useful than the semester of college I spent and never
learned
more than how to buy a pair of ladies gloves in a department
store.

I studied German for five years at secondary ("high") school. My
school was very forward-looking, for a state school of the
1970's - they taught French (normal for most schools at the
time), Spanish, German, and Russian! I spoke a lot of German
when I went to university, although I wasn't studying it, because
I was house-sharing with students from Germany!

I learned how to cuss in German then :-)

--
MatSav

Old September 27th 09, 09:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

MatSav kirjoitti:
Jofirey wrote:
"Sherry" wrote

...The only two things I remember in German are "Where is the
restroom?" and "Where are the American soldiers.?"

More useful than the semester of college I spent and never
learned
more than how to buy a pair of ladies gloves in a department
store.

I studied German for five years at secondary ("high") school. My
school was very forward-looking, for a state school of the
1970's - they taught French (normal for most schools at the
time), Spanish, German, and Russian! I spoke a lot of German
when I went to university, although I wasn't studying it, because
I was house-sharing with students from Germany!

I learned how to cuss in German then :-)

I went to the German school in Helsinki, so German was quite as fluent
as Finnish or Swedish for me back then. Now it's a little rusty due to
lack of use, even if it might not sound like it when I speak, and I do
listen to (German tv shows for example) and read it fluently. A Finn
would probably say that I'm fluent in it, but I'm more critical of it
myself.

When I graduated back in '82, we had to choose at least four and a
maximum of six subjects. I took six, five of which were languages
(Swedish, Finnish, German, English and French), and the sixth the "short
course" in maths.

Lately my French has improved greatly, due to the fact that I speak it
daily with DH (he's Tunisian), which is good. Now to polish up my German
a bit and I'd be happy.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 27th 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default Embarrassing Moment (WAS: Cussing)

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

I don't understand why some teachers feel the need to exercise such
*control* over children. Sure, there are some who will take advantage
to get out of doing things. But honestly, I think a lot of teachers
are just control freaks. "The kids can't do anything unless I say
they can" mentality. I was extremely humiliated by this incident in
front of my classmates. All because we weren't allowed to interrupt
the teacher. Heh.

I've read that this is used by cops as an interrogation technique: Offer
free and friendly drinks to the person you're holding. When the call of
nature hits, refuse to let them go until they've coughed up the information
you're after or wet the chair.

So if you find yourself in an interrogation room, turn down the free
coffee/soda/water.
Old September 27th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Christine BA wrote:
MatSav kirjoitti:
Jofirey wrote:
"Sherry" wrote

[...]

So, wie geht's?

Ich habe nicht Deutsch zeit über dreizig jahre in der schüle
gelernt, so jetzt ist mein sprëchen und schreiben nicht so gut!
Aber Ich möchte gern katze, z.b. Laku und Nico :-)

--
MatSav

Old September 27th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine BA wrote:
When I graduated back in '82, we had to choose at least four and a
maximum of six subjects. I took six, five of which were languages
(Swedish, Finnish, German, English and French), and the sixth the "short
course" in maths.

I did the same subjects as you, except I did the long course in maths. I
can't say I was ever fluent in French or German, but I can get the gist
of written text and, if it's simple enough, spoken F and G. I did pass
the written examination in French at uni with my school French, though
it was over ten years after I matriculated from school.

I though your Dad was German, Christine, but apparently you don't speak
German with him if your German has rusted?

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 27th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

MatSav kirjoitti:

So, wie geht's?

Ich habe nicht Deutsch zeit über dreizig jahre in der schüle
gelernt, so jetzt ist mein sprëchen und schreiben nicht so gut!
Aber Ich möchte gern katze, z.b. Laku und Nico :-)

Danke, es geht ganz gut!
Ich bin mir nicht total sicher darüber, was du dann sagst, nur so
bruchstücksartig, aber es ist nicht so schlimm. Ausserdem glaube ich,
dass die anderen hier es uns übel nehmen würden, wenn wir noch sehr viel
deutsch schreiben würden.

Besides, I only have Laku nowadays, Nico lives with my ex's mum.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 27th 09, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_2_]

Marina kirjoitti:
Christine BA wrote:
When I graduated back in '82, we had to choose at least four and a
maximum of six subjects. I took six, five of which were languages
(Swedish, Finnish, German, English and French), and the sixth the
"short course" in maths.

I did the same subjects as you, except I did the long course in maths. I
can't say I was ever fluent in French or German, but I can get the gist
of written text and, if it's simple enough, spoken F and G. I did pass
the written examination in French at uni with my school French, though
it was over ten years after I matriculated from school.

I though your Dad was German, Christine, but apparently you don't speak
German with him if your German has rusted?

My active German (speaking it myself) has rusted a bit, the passive
side, reading and listening, is doing OK. We speak Swedish at home...
err... with my parents, always have. When dad calculates something, for
example, he does it in German. And of course he speaks German too.
Sometimes we speak German, sometimes Russian (dad's mum was Russian),
just for fun. And when DH's around my family, we speak English, even
though his English isn't very good, and neither is that of my parents,
but they get along. And if need be, I give DH the "Readers' Digest"
version of the ongoing discussion in French, if some other language is
used or he hasn't been able to follow. But I'm still not fluent in
French, just a lot better at it than I was about a year ago. It's a
multilingual environment here...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 27th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default Guys in pretty clothes (was: Cussing)

William Hamblen wrote in
:

Cary Grant as David Huxley, dressed in a frilly robe: Because I just
went gay all of a sudden!

You don't have to be gay to dress "frilly". Remember Ben Franklin in his
hose? It might make a comeback:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...men-Would-let-
boyfriend-wear-these.html

OTOH:

Help! Am I metrophobic?
http://www.bintmagazine.com/bint_stories/906.php?story_id=243
Old September 27th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Christine BA" wrote in message

Marina kirjoitti:
Christine BA wrote:
[...]

As a chronically monolingual person from along line of monolingual people,
those who can speak more than one language have my admiration and just a
tinge of jealousy. Those who are fluent in more than 2 also have my
amazement.

I hated French and subsequently failed it at school. I was *far* better at
German, although no where near as good at it as the rest of my subjects. I
did six months worth of each language when I was 13, and when we got to
choose which subjects were were going to do, foreign language was the one of
the first ones dropped (the first one was sewing - I was much worse at
sewing than I as even at French, and still am.)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Poll OT Toilet paper tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 30 November 9th 08 11:53 AM
Toilet Paper Eater Jan Harris Cats - misc 4 April 9th 05 06:06 PM
a strip of toilet paper and yepp Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 05 05:25 PM
Toilet Paper John Biltz Cat anecdotes 11 August 17th 03 08:41 PM
toilet paper 2 Byron & Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 5 August 17th 03 04:09 AM