So I'm sitting here whining to myself ...

Old September 11th 04, 08:53 AM
Yoj

OK, I'll play too.

Music: American Folk (I like "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" too), Aussie
country, didgeridoo music, barbershop, some Weird Al, Tom Leherer, Irish
Rovers, Clancy Brothers and an Alaskan performer named Bob Miller. I
prefer animals with four legs or fewer, but like almost all of those,
along with snakes.

Movies: The Green Mile, Galaxy Quest, both Shrek movies and both
Princess Diaries movies.

Actors: Tom Hanks, Dustin Hoffman, Sean Connery and Harrison Ford.

Ginger-lyn was an "Up with People" person? Kewl! I used to have one of
their albums.

Three years ago I visited Australia for the first time, and fell in
love. With the country, and especially the Red Centre. Last year I
went back, and as I took the train out of Alice Springs, I felt as
though I were leaving my home, knowing I might never be back.

Actually, I guess it makes sense. My physical home town and my
spiritual home town have a lot in common - well, except for size.

I was born in Los Angeles, which was named after a river which was named
after a woman. The original name was El Pueblo del Rio de Nuestra
Senora la Reina de los Angeles (The town of the river of our lady the
queen of the angels). It sits in the middle of the desert, has a very
low rainfall and often faces droughts.

Alice Springs was named after a spring which was named after a woman.
It sits in the middle of the desert, has a very low rainfall and often
faces droughts.

Both towns have a river which has very little water in it, except on
those rare occasions when there are heavy rains, at which time there is
flooding.

For almost two years now, almost every evening I eat at home, my evening
meal has consisted of a homemade chicken quesadilla and a salad.

That's probably enough weirdness for now.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
OK. Can't resist.

Music:
African folk music, African dance music, classical, American folk
music (i.e. "O Brother Where Art Thou" stuff), Nine Inch Nails,
Ango-Indian pop music (Bangra and suchlike), kd lang, Jeff Buckley,
Mozart, bad 80s pop, Hoodoo Gurus (an Australian band), Hunters and
Collectors (ditto), Regurgitator (ditto), TISM (ditto), Paul Kelly,
Norah Jones, James Brown, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Simon and
Garfunkel, Paul Simon on his own, Jethro Tull, They Might Be Giants,
Violent Femmes, and I could go on but I chose not to.

... and I like insects, spiders, frogs, lizards, snakes *and* monkeys
/ apes (and cats, nach).

I am not yet 40 - there is a heap of wierdness to acquire over the
next half century.

Dave, who is looking over my shoulder and laughing, has just been
infected and has put Regurgitator's "I want to be a nudist" on the CD
player! He is very tolerant to put up with my bizarre and eclectic
musical "taste" (although I would argue that his taste is just as
bizarre, but in a different dimension to me).

Tish

Kreisleriana wrote in message

. ..
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:17:31 GMT,

(Ginger-lyn
Summer) yodeled:

On 10 Sep 2004 06:01:05 GMT,
itty (Sherry ) wrote:

Ok, music.

I like Ray Stevens, Classical Music, Billie Holiday, the

Partridge
Family, Doobie Brothers, Olivia Newton John, Frank Zappa, The

Monkees,
Weird Al Yankovic, Blue Oyster Cult, Jethro Tull, Roy Clark,

Alabama,
the Canadian Brass, Meat Loaf, Neil Diamond, Rockapella, Disco

Music,
Laurena McKinnit, Enya, bagpipes, celtic dance music, Peter Paul

& Mary,
Devo, Dr Demento, and many others.

Your Turn,

Pam S.

Oh, this is fun. Can I have a turn?
The Beatles, Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot. Eric Clapton.

Pavarotti. oooo and
Andrea Bocelli. Enya, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez. Classical. Mahalia

Jackson. Weird
Al, Meat Loaf, Neil Diamond. Celtic. Show tunes. Peter, Paul &

Mary. Sarah
Brightman. Eva Cassidy.

Sherry

Already got some of mine in there, like PP&M Loreena McKennit,

Dylan,
Beatles. Also Phil Ochs, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Live, Jackson
Browne, Arlo Guthrie. Hell, you should just see my LP

collection --
talk about *weird*.

My weirdest? The one thing about me that I rarely tell people

about?
I was a member of a local branch of "Up With People"* in the
1960s/70s. And I have a copy of "Up with People on Tour". Heh.

Ginger-lyn

*Up With People was a national group that was put together with the
intent to prove there were good, well-scrubbed, clean,
non-dope-smoking American young people. Heh. They had small local
braches in various cities, who went around singing and dancing

their
songs to nursing homes and farmers' meetings or whatever. And yep,

was one of 'em. lol!

So was Glenn Close. (really)

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 13th 04, 03:28 AM
bonbon

On 11 Sep 2004 00:36:34 -0700, (Tish S) wrote:

OK. Can't resist.

Music:
African folk music, African dance music, classical, American folk
music (i.e. "O Brother Where Art Thou" stuff), Nine Inch Nails,
Ango-Indian pop music (Bangra and suchlike), kd lang, Jeff Buckley,
Mozart, bad 80s pop, Hoodoo Gurus (an Australian band), Hunters and
Collectors (ditto), Regurgitator (ditto), TISM (ditto), Paul Kelly,
Norah Jones, James Brown, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Simon and
Garfunkel, Paul Simon on his own, Jethro Tull, They Might Be Giants,
Violent Femmes, and I could go on but I chose not to.

Summer before last, my DH and I saw Jethro Tull in concert. It was
one of the best I've ever been to. I wore Levi's, a dk. blue tank
top, my cat ears, and long cat tail. The guy standing directly in
front of us wildly played the air flute for pretty much the whole
concert, which was quite entertaining in itself, and about half way
through the show, Ian Anderson put down his flute and talked to the
crowd. He made mention of his admiration of felines because of their
attitude.

... and I like insects, spiders, frogs, lizards, snakes *and* monkeys
/ apes (and cats, nach).

I am not yet 40 - there is a heap of wierdness to acquire over the
next half century.

I'm a professional seamstress, however currently I'm installing a
marble floor in the house of the lady my husband works for. I guess
that's a bit weird, considering I had never layed a tile in my life
and didn't have a clue how to go about it. I'm learning fast!

-bonbon
(who's whole body hurts every night when she comes home)

itty (Sherry ) wrote:

[...]

songs to nursing homes and farmers' meetings or whatever. And yep, I

Old September 13th 04, 06:49 AM
Yowie

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
OK. Can't resist.

Music:
African folk music, African dance music, classical, American folk
music (i.e. "O Brother Where Art Thou" stuff), Nine Inch Nails,
Ango-Indian pop music (Bangra and suchlike), kd lang, Jeff Buckley,
Mozart, bad 80s pop, Hoodoo Gurus (an Australian band), Hunters and
Collectors (ditto), Regurgitator (ditto), TISM (ditto), Paul Kelly,
Norah Jones, James Brown, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Simon and
Garfunkel, Paul Simon on his own, Jethro Tull, They Might Be Giants,
Violent Femmes, and I could go on but I chose not to.

Wot she said, and also *some* hip-hop, Eminem (I really tried hard not to
like him, I did), Grieg, Holst, Old Funky Blues (Like Muddy Waters), Black
Gospel music, REM, Ry Cooder, Weird Al, Sisters of Mercy, Real Life, Kids in
the Kitchen and also far too many to mention.

TISM rocks.

... and I like insects, spiders, frogs, lizards, snakes *and* monkeys
/ apes (and cats, nach).

I am not yet 40 - there is a heap of wierdness to acquire over the
next half century.

Spiders you can keep, but the rest (if they don't bite) don't bother me.

Dave, who is looking over my shoulder and laughing, has just been
infected and has put Regurgitator's "I want to be a nudist" on the CD
player! He is very tolerant to put up with my bizarre and eclectic
musical "taste" (although I would argue that his taste is just as
bizarre, but in a different dimension to me).

If its not in the "3 for $20" bin, it ain't worth buying! (says she that
just hunted high and low for "Heartland" by Real Life (Aussie band).
Eventually I found it in an obscure on0line music shop in the USA, and
apprantly they *import* said CD from here - but do you think you can get
that CD in Australia anywhere? Not a chance! So I have to pay to import it
to the USA and then *back* to Australia. And it was still worth it - I have
after all been looking for it for 21 years!)

Yowie