[OT][BW] Ridiculous required programmer skills

Old November 20th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default [OT][BW] Ridiculous required programmer skills

Mark Edwards wrote:
It is getting harder and harder to meet some of the "required
skillsets" for a programming job these days...

I found this posting in the middle of the "Computer IT Professionals"
category in the help wanted ads. I've highlighted the job category at
the tops of the columns, for context, and highlighted and circled the
ad (near the bottom, right hand side of the page):

http://tinyurl.com/yaffo7

or the full URL at:

http://professional-geek.com/persona...elpwanted2.jpg

I can see this being a USEFUL skill for a programmer, but still...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Sushi Loco? Would you eat at a place with a name like 'crazy sushi'??

Or would you have to be crazy to work there?

Hmm...you might want to study sushi-making, Mark. Better chance to get
a job.

Jane

Old November 20th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jane wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yaffo7

Sushi Loco? Would you eat at a place with a name like 'crazy sushi'??

Or would you have to be crazy to work there?

Or does Loco mean something else in Japanese? (Probably not. It's probably
just what you're thinking - this is Texas, after all. )

In my neck of the woods, there's a restaurant called We Be Sushi.

Joyce
Old November 21st 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

wrote in message
Jane wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yaffo7

Sushi Loco? Would you eat at a place with a name like 'crazy sushi'??

Or would you have to be crazy to work there?

Or does Loco mean something else in Japanese? (Probably not. It's probably
just what you're thinking - this is Texas, after all. )

In my neck of the woods, there's a restaurant called We Be Sushi.

Joyce

We have two businesses in the local strip that I think have perfectly
terrible names. The first is a Mexican type restaurant called the "Iguana
Grill". Lizard for lunch? No thanks.

The other is called "Funky Tan". Now I will admit I think tanning salons
are silly. Especially in a climate that will turn your skin to shoe leather
if you aren't careful. And I know the work funky can be used in a great
many different ways. Still, not comfortable with funky to describe either
a good tan or a good place to get one.

Jo

Old November 21st 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:10:07 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

We have two businesses in the local strip that I think have perfectly
terrible names. The first is a Mexican type restaurant called the "Iguana
Grill". Lizard for lunch? No thanks.

The other is called "Funky Tan". Now I will admit I think tanning salons
are silly. Especially in a climate that will turn your skin to shoe leather
if you aren't careful. And I know the work funky can be used in a great
many different ways. Still, not comfortable with funky to describe either
a good tan or a good place to get one.

Jo

We pass a sign to one when driving to DH's family's home that always
makes me giggle - Montezuma's Mexican restaurant. I realise that
Montezuma is an important and honourable historical figure, but I
can't help but think that any restaurant that brings to mind
"Montezuma's revenge" is asking for trouble.

Tish