Hobbes doing a HaPpY DaNcE

Old January 16th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Default Hobbes doing a HaPpY DaNcE

Hobbes went in yesterday for an annual physical and rabies shots. Today
his blood work came back and the decision was made to take him off
insulin...at least until the Fructosimine results come back later in the
week. The vet suspects Hobbes' diabetes has resolved and although she
was quick to tell me that this might be short lived, at least for a few
days he doesn't have to get stuck when he eats. I can't wait to tell
him. He's going to be so very happy

Julie and Hobbes

Old January 16th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

I know how you feel Julie ME AND RUMBLE ARE DOING A HAPPY DANCE WITH YOU
Rumble is going on 7 months with no insulin or Diazepam. I can't wait
till I can say it has been 1 year than 5 years than 10 years

Old January 16th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Julie and Sam wrote:
Hobbes went in yesterday for an annual physical and rabies shots.
Today his blood work came back and the decision was made to take him
off insulin...at least until the Fructosimine results come back later
in the week. The vet suspects Hobbes' diabetes has resolved and
although she was quick to tell me that this might be short lived, at
least for a few days he doesn't have to get stuck when he eats. I
can't wait to tell him. He's going to be so very happy

Julie and Hobbes

Wonderful news!
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 16th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-01-16 15:52:07 -0600, Julie and Sam said:

Hobbes went in yesterday for an annual physical and rabies shots.
Today his blood work came back and the decision was made to take him
off insulin...at least until the Fructosimine results come back later
in the week. The vet suspects Hobbes' diabetes has resolved and
although she was quick to tell me that this might be short lived, at
least for a few days he doesn't have to get stuck when he eats. I can't
wait to tell him. He's going to be so very happy

Julie and Hobbes

Excellent!!!! I wish this would happen to Pearl. I'm starting her on
raw food soon. SHe is getting it for snacks now, I think she'll take
right to it. I'm hoping I can even convert Sugar, but I'm not quite as
optimistic about that.

Old January 17th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Karen wrote:
Excellent!!!! I wish this would happen to Pearl. I'm starting her on
raw food soon. SHe is getting it for snacks now, I think she'll take
right to it. I'm hoping I can even convert Sugar, but I'm not quite as
optimistic about that.

Is this the Niagra Falls phenomenon you were mentioning before?

Old January 17th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-01-16 20:15:32 -0600, Takayuki said:

Karen wrote:
Excellent!!!! I wish this would happen to Pearl. I'm starting her on
raw food soon. SHe is getting it for snacks now, I think she'll take
right to it. I'm hoping I can even convert Sugar, but I'm not quite as
optimistic about that.

Is this the Niagra Falls phenomenon you were mentioning before?

Yup. Visting the Falls on a honeymoon!

Old January 17th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Julie and Sam wrote:
Hobbes went in yesterday for an annual physical and rabies shots. Today
his blood work came back and the decision was made to take him off
insulin...at least until the Fructosimine results come back later in the
week. The vet suspects Hobbes' diabetes has resolved and although she
was quick to tell me that this might be short lived, at least for a few
days he doesn't have to get stuck when he eats. I can't wait to tell
him. He's going to be so very happy

Julie and Hobbes

Congrats to you both!

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 17th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Karen wrote:
Excellent!!!! I wish this would happen to Pearl. I'm starting her on
raw food soon. SHe is getting it for snacks now, I think she'll take
right to it. I'm hoping I can even convert Sugar, but I'm not quite as
optimistic about that.

Is this the Niagra Falls phenomenon you were mentioning before?

This would be considered the "honeymoon stage" for Hobbes. Everything I
know about diabetes says this shouldn't be happening...he's on HumulinN
which isn't the prefered insulin for cats, he's over weight and he eats some
dry food. I really expect to hear that Hobbes is going to need insulin again
soon, perhaps just a little less than what he's gettng. I do know that he's
in a better place right now. He isn't drinking as much water and the
litterboxes aren't nearly as heavy with urine.He is responding to something
and I hope he's resolved for a little while at least.

Unfortunately, we absolutely have to work on his diet. In the Fall of 2005
he weighed 27 lbs. When I realized we had a problem he had dropped to 19
lbs. Now he's weighing 22 lbs. I'm hoping that he can maintain this
honeymoon period long enough for us to get his weight under control and that
will lead to a longer honeymoon period. Time will tell.

In the meantime, we'll send purrs that Pearl responds soon as well.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old January 17th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Julie and Sam wrote:
Hobbes went in yesterday for an annual physical and rabies shots. Today
his blood work came back and the decision was made to take him off
insulin...at least until the Fructosimine results come back later in the
week. The vet suspects Hobbes' diabetes has resolved and although she
was quick to tell me that this might be short lived, at least for a few
days he doesn't have to get stuck when he eats. I can't wait to tell
him. He's going to be so very happy

Wonderful news, Julie! Congrats to you both!