OT - IT SNOWED

Old December 10th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - IT SNOWED

IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!! Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. BTW, be sure to check out the prints in the
snow: http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

--

Hugs,

/\.../\
( '.' )
(")_(")

CatNipped

Old December 11th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!! Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. BTW, be sure to check out the prints in
the snow: http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

--

Hugs,

/\.../\
( '.' )
(")_(")

CatNipped

Amazing! I'm about 140 miles north of you, and we did not get any snow. We
did get rain, and it got cold enough last night to freeze (but melted very
quickly). I got some pretty photos of water dripping from brightly-colored
leaves. Interestingly, it did not affect any of my flowers. I have
sasanqua camellias in bloom, and the "second blooming" of my azaleas has
started. I also have a lot of seed-heads that look like flowers on my
fatsia. All are still in fine shape. I got some nice pics of them and also
of the Japanese maples in their glorious red foliage last week, so I may
post a few pictures in a day or so.

I was really sorry to read about DH's job loss. That would be truly
frightening.

MaryL

Old December 11th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!! Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. BTW, be sure to check out the prints in
the snow: http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

--

Jessie's teeny patties. Figures.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old December 11th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!! Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. BTW, be sure to check out the prints in
the snow: http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

LOL! I guess you don't ever have much snow then?
It was whiter than that on Monday when I got up here and it was just a very
hard frost.
I hate snow that comes in inches. It rarely does, but we Brits are not
geared up to any type of snow, we crawl to work in our cars and it's on the
television news every time we get some.
When N was here one January she was very amused to see that snowfall was
important enough to be on the news here. Germans just change the tyres on
their cars and keep inside the roadside markers, fluorescent spots one
side, stripes the other when they don't know where the road is because of
the snow.

Tweed

Old December 11th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:57:41 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!! Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. BTW, be sure to check out the prints in the
snow: http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

You must have had the same front that blew through here (and Mary's
house). The forecast here called for flurries with little or no
accumulation, but all we had was a dreary looking WINDY day. We don't
normally get much snow either, guess we're not far enough north. Our
dangerous winter precipitation comes as freezing rain and ice. Once,
years ago, it took me 4 hours to get from the airport in Ok City,
which is about 90 miles ne of 4 lane highway.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 11th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote:

[...]

This is not the same thing, but you reminded me... ;o) I drove my mother
from Ohio to Texas the year she moved in with me. I became her sole
caregiver for 5 years but had to transfer her to a nursing home when she
became completely bedridden. (She lived there for another 5 years and 9
months.) We left Ohio on Dec. 31. We hit a tremendous blizzard when we
were "trying" to drive through Tennessee. I drove less than 100 miles from
8:00 a.m. until nearly 12:00 noon. At that time, we were close to
Dyersburg, so I headed for there, and we holed up for two days before it was
safe to start again.

Just to keep this on topic with cats: My cat was with me, and the motel we
reached had a "no-pets" policy. I begged and pleaded and offered to leave a
deposit. The person behind the desk finally took pity on me because I was
*not* going to leave my cat in the car, and conditions outside were "not fit
for man nor beast." So, he took a security deposit and let us stay on
condition that they could check the room before we left. I got the entire
deposit back because they could not even see any signs that we had a cat --
I always travelled with a small hand vacuum just so I could pick up any
litter or fur that might be left behind.

MaryL

Old December 11th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 10, 6:57*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
IT SNOWED! *IT SNOWED! *IT SNOWED!! *Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. *BTW, be sure to check out the prints in the
snow: *http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

--

Hugs,

* /\.../\
( '.' )
*(")_(")

CatNipped

See all my masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

We had a snow storm yesterday and today with about a foot of snow. I
didn't take any picture. But there is one in the newspaper at
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Looking...499/story.html

I had a hard time trudging through the knee deep snow on the sidewalk
to the
bus stop after work yesterday. Today the buses are on strike and I
stayed home all day. Good thing a friend offered to give me a ride to
do grocery on the weekend.

Winnie
Old December 11th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!! Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. BTW, be sure to check out the prints in
the snow: http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

--

Hugs,

/\.../\
( '.' )
(")_(")

CatNipped

We are getting freezing rain right now (10:00 p.m. Wed., Dec. 10), and a
number of roads are closed. I haven't seen snow for several years, but
freezing rain is always more deadly and also more damaging to plant, downed
power lines, etc.

MaryL

Old December 11th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

No, this is only the 4th time in my life (of 57 years so far) that I've ever
even seen snow. Funny, the last time was just after Katrina and I was
talking to my daughter about it - her youngest, Raven, was very upset about
the snow because she associated it with the disaster they lived through
after Katrina (the two weather phenomena have become associated in her
mind). Then on the news last night the weather expert made the same
observation - that it has snowed here in Houston only in the winters after
we've had bad hurricanes hit. Weird.

I guess in telling how bad Ike was, we got *3 INCHES* of snow by my house!!!
That is completely unheard of here in Houston!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 11th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

. ..

"CatNipped" wrote in message
IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED! IT SNOWED!! Houston just got its 0.000000000001%
annual snowfall all in one day. BTW, be sure to check out the prints in
the snow: http://www.possibleplaces.com/snowfall/

--

Hugs,

/\.../\
( '.' )
(")_(")

CatNipped

We are getting freezing rain right now (10:00 p.m. Wed., Dec. 10), and a
number of roads are closed. I haven't seen snow for several years, but
freezing rain is always more deadly and also more damaging to plant,
downed power lines, etc.

MaryL

I had a real scare coming in to work this morning. Even when it just rains,
the truck is highly likely to spin-out on slick streets - the rear end of a
truck is so much lighter than the front end that it gets no traction. There
was one overpass this morning that was covered with a thick sheet of ice. I
did fine as long as traffic was moving at a steady 15MPH clip. But at one
point, just at an incline, traffic slowed to a stop and I had to apply the
gas pedal lightly. The back end of my truck swung frighteningly close to
the guard rail of the overpass and my heartrate went through the roof.
Thankfully there was no other cars around me, so a very small, steady
pressure on the gas pedal finally got the truck straightened out.

There are *SO* many accidents down here when the weather gets like this -
people literally don't know how to drive here when there is ice on the roads
(there isn't a store within 1,000 miles that would have anything even
resembling tire chains)! There must have been 10 - 15 multiple car pile-ups
here this morning!

Hugs,

CatNipped