My Neighbor's Dog Ate My Cat

Old September 7th 03, 11:17 PM
Flying _Naked_People

Default My Neighbor's Dog Ate My Cat

Now I'm feeding her 3 two week old kittens. And I'm learning waaaay more about
cats than I ever wanted to. Like for instance, I don't think grooming is just
grooming. I think it's a necessary act - as necessary as eating (for their
nervous system??)! I have to simulate grooming with a warm damp washcloth.

But I'm confused about two of their behaviors. It's their "nose" activity. The
kittens seem to enjoy pushing their noses into my hands or arms or whatever.
And they like to stick their heads through holes. If I hold my finger and
thumb together to form a hole - they'll stick their head through it everytime.

What are they doing that for?

And if there are any inventors in here, please consider developing a "Mama
Cat." Basically, it's just a soft furry stuffed animal that randomly purrs and
has about 12 nipples sticking out of its belly. Preferrably, the nipples
should be attached to a removable bottle that people can fill with milk! Maybe
the "Mama Cat" can be plugged into a wall to generate heat too.

(Or is this already available?)

sigh

Old September 8th 03, 12:45 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Flying _Naked_People at
http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote on 9/7/03 5:17 PM:

[...]

Just like babies, they are "sensing". Especially if their eyes aren't open,
or just open, all they have to go by is noses. They are learning by
experience and trying to keep warm and find comfort. There is a pseudo mom
cat available at Drs. Fosters and Smith (or at least I once saw one), but it
does not have nipples, but it is snuggly.

Karen

Old September 8th 03, 12:57 AM
Mary

And if there are any inventors in here, please consider developing a "Mama
Cat." Basically, it's just a soft furry stuffed animal that randomly purrs
and
has about 12 nipples sticking out of its belly. Preferrably, the nipples
should be attached to a removable bottle that people can fill with milk!
Maybe
the "Mama Cat" can be plugged into a wall to generate heat too.

(Or is this already available?)

sigh

I'm actually trying to make one of these to nurse baby squirrels. Feeding them
every three hours around the clock is no fun. I was able to make a warm furry
mom squirrel with nipples that they enjoy. It's an IV bag full of water that I
microwave. Then I wrap that with fake fur with catac kitten nursing nipples
sewn into the fur. My next step is to get a bladder in there full of milk
attached to the nipples kind of like a boda bag.

Old September 8th 03, 03:04 AM
Gandalf

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:17:04 -0000, "Flying _Naked_People"
http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote:

I very, very sorry to hear about your cat. While not normally a
vindictive person, after a suitable period of time, I'm afraid there
would be one less, vicious dog in the world. Probably save some other
innocent cats/kittens. BTW no proof=no prosecution. There are so many
ways.....

And I would sleep just *fine*, thankyouverymuch.

Wish I could help with your current problem, but I haven't a clue. I'm
mostly venting about the g*d d*mn dog! ARGGGGH!

~~~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC, and the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein