Furrst Draft ov Onoree Nayms

Old September 30th 03, 09:25 PM
Tabitha kitten

Mietze wrote:
I'ze bin tryin to keeep dis updaytid froo da yeeer, but yu no sumtimez
fings don't appeeer on allda surfurrs. Da Jellicle Ball is less denn
too weeeks frum now (Oktoburr 10), so it's problee time to chek an see
iffn dere are nayms ov Onorees dat I'ze missd or just dint heeer bowt.
Pleeeze let mineselv no an dey will bee addid rite way.

Here's anoder one. We just read this on r.p.c.a. Angus of de house of
Berry. He was only 4 1/2 months old - much too young to go to de Bridge.
So very sadsad.

Tabitha Kitten

Old October 1st 03, 03:48 AM
Stephanie Serba

Not listed befo

Shadow, House of Gasson RB 1997
Nikadaemus, House of Gasson RB 1999

--
Mandy, Missey and Sam III
The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection

"JSmith4973" wrote in message
Ower condolensez tu da howse uv Mahoney. Yuze hadda furry sadsad yeer.

We
knowz bowt yeerz like dat.

Purrzz anna purrayerz tu awl doze famleez left bhind wen deer wunz goez

tu da
Bridge. Myownself losted mine sisfur, Kryssie, dis yeer.

Vincent
Cattery Manager,
Haven Howse

Old October 1st 03, 05:12 PM
Carol

KS wrote in message . ..
Carol wrote:

Spook loved people, so I hope that Barb Watson is taking good care of my baby
and giving her a comfortable lap and shoulder to cuddle on.

Kami

Well, one thing's for sure, she and Spock are having a great time. Two
beautiful little ones who left too soon are delighting those on the
other side...

I sure want to believe this.

Kami

Kami,
I firmly believe that the essence lives on. Another "for what it's
worth.", Two nights after Spock died, my daughter and I were on my bed
with Snickers talking about him. Suddenly, Snickers looked up ,very
wide eyed at "nothing."
As if that weren't enough, the next day, BEFORE I TOLD HER ANYTHING,
my rescuer friend at work who has Spock's brother said "It was the
weirdest thing last night, Sammy kept looking up and swatting at
something, but I couldn't find a bug, as hard as I looked."

I know we only know each other through this group, but I would never
make up something to post.
Old October 1st 03, 06:45 PM
KS

Carol wrote:

[...]

I know that. And thanks for posting this.

Yesterday or the day before, Bootsie was looking up the wall. I thought that
was a cat thing..... looking at the "greeblings" that have been mentioned here
so much.

There was one unexplained thing here. A couple of nights ago, I was waiting to
fall asleep. Gizmo was curled up to the left of my head. Sassy was stretched
out on the right of my right leg. I felt what felt like cat steps at the foot
of the bed, about the middle, and a little to the left. I opened my eyes, and
neither Gizmo nor Sassy had budged. It happened a couple more times in
succession.

Yesterday I was sitting on the chair, and I thought I heard a cat scratching it
near the bottom right. Bootsie was just a foot or two away, at the right corner
of the chair, with her head on a short scratching post. A minute or two
earlier, I saw her scratching the post. So maybe I missed her the second time,
but it sounded liked the chair being scratched.

But I still need something more convincing, somethng "Spook"-like. Like an
empty soda bottle or two falling off the fridge. Or her favorite toy, which
disappeared a couple of weeks before she died, suddenly reappearing in a
conspicuous place.

I know I'm asking for too much. But right now, this is how I feel.

Kami
(posted and emailed)

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com
Old October 1st 03, 07:40 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

There was one unexplained thing here. A couple of nights ago, I was waiting to
fall asleep. Gizmo was curled up to the left of my head. Sassy was stretched
out on the right of my right leg. I felt what felt like cat steps at the foot
of the bed, about the middle, and a little to the left. I opened my eyes, and
neither Gizmo nor Sassy had budged. It happened a couple more times in
succession.

My brother Pat reported a few times encountering a ghost cat. He has an
old siamese girl named Samantha; she's a sweet old kitty, but getting on
in yuears. A couple of years ago Pat was surprised one when Samantha
came into the bedroom and jumped up on the bed - she's so arthritic that
she hand't been able to do that before. At least, he assumed it was Sam.
About 30 minutes later Sam came yowling down the hallway and into the
bedroom - while Pat still felt the kitty form curled up next to his
feet. He sat up to look, and there was no cat there! This happened every
night for several months, then stopped for a while.

Pat moved his bed into the other bedroom a few months back. Shortly
after he did, the ghost cat came back. Two weeks ago our mom went into
the hospital for surgery. Her first night home she was supposed to have
someone with her (in case of clotting) so stayed at Pat's place, in the
bedroom that Pat used to use. About 30 minutes after she lay down, *she*
got a visit from the ghost cat!

All this cat has done is curl up next to the feet of whoever is in bed.
But it has now been experienced by two different people. So I know for a
fact that the little furry ones we love so very deeply do indeed
continue to exist after their bodies are gone.

I have myself encountered a still unidentified bodiless kitty that was
in distress, and had the EXTREME pleasure of being able to assist it. No
doubt at all in my mind that they continue to exist.

Dan
(Tabitha, Samuel, Cleo, and Amelia's paw)

Old October 1st 03, 08:24 PM
KS

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Please tell me more. Did either your brother or your mom see the ghost cat, or
they felt it? Do you know who the ghost cat is?

How did you assist the ghost kitty that you encountered?

How'd you know these were ghost *kitties* and not small dogs?

Kami
(posted and emailed)

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com
Old October 1st 03, 09:02 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Please tell me more. Did either your brother or your mom see the ghost cat, or
they felt it? Do you know who the ghost cat is?

No, they never saw it, and they have no idea who it is. My brother is a
stringer photographer for his local newspaper, and he has an absolutely
beautiful camera. One night after ghost cat had been coming regularly
for a couple of months he set up his camera and flash, focused ont he
foot of the bed, with a really long cable release. That night, when he
felt ghost cat get settled in, he squeezed the cable release and took a
photo. When he developed it he got a streak of light at the foot of the
bed where ghost cat would have been.

When he took that photo, ghost cat stopped coming. That's when it took a
few months break. He was quite relieved a few months later when it returned.

Just going by the size, it's possible that it could be a small dog. But
Pat and my mom both insist that for some unexplainable reason it just
feels like a cat. And for the record, they are both primarily dog folks.

How did you assist the ghost kitty that you encountered?

This was maybe 15 years ago, when I was still married to my now-ex wife.
We were living in a house about 30 years old, in a neighborhood full of
such houses. Not a tract - the houses were all pretty individual.
Perhaps 50 years before the houses were built, this area was part of an
old farm.

Living in the house were my wife and I, 3 cats (Cassandra the Himalayan,
Friskie the Siamese, and Tigger the tabby), and 3 dogs (Rory and
MacDermott the Shelties, and Bonnie the Australian Shepard). It was
about 10:00 PM, my wife was in bed, I was sitting up reading. I heard a
very sad, plaintive kitty cry from the kitchen. I figured it was Cassie,
since she had a tendency to get into cupboards and not be able to get
back out again. I walked into the kitchen to free Cassie and saw -
nothing. I looked back into the living room and saw Cassie coming
towards me from the hallway. Then I heard the kitty cry again, from
close by. All 3 of the cats were coming towards the dining room to see
what was going on, and all 3 of the dogs were looking on as well. The
kitty cries seemed to be coming from the vicinity of the dining room table.

I got down on my knees and looked under the table - nothing there. When
I was under the table the sound seemed to be just above me. When I was
standing beside the table the sound seemed to be about table-top level.
Since I'm hard of hearing and sometimes have trouble determining where
sounds are coming from, I went outside and looked on the roof and on top
of the porch - nothing there, and I couldn't hear the sound from
outside. I went back inside and stood on a chair to see if the sound
might be coming from the attic - but it STILL sounded like it was coming
from the dining table.

The cats were looking very frightened - irises dilated, eyes wide open,
fur starting to fluff out - and the dogs were whining as well. Since I
pretty well determined that there was no physical source to the sound, I
sat down and started talking to it. I asked "What's wrong, little kitty?
Can I help the little kitty? Does kitty need some help, or some
petting?", stuff like that. Basically, as I'd talk to a physical cat
that seemed scared but that I was unable to reach. As I talked to the
kitty, the meows became less like a hurt, scared cat and more like a cat
that had been hurt or abandoned but was now receiving care. The meows
became more peaceful, and lapsed into purrs at the end of the meows. I
kept talking to the kitty, and the meows sounded less and less
distressed and more content, and they got softer as they became more
content.

Basically, it seemed to me that I (we, actually) were hearing a cat that
might have been injured or lost or abused some time in the past, and
that poor thing (the non-physical part of it, anyhow) was seeking
comfort and reassurance. Having someone talk to it, express concern for
it and interest in it's wellbeing, seemed to be what it was looking for.
By the time the sounds stopped, I had become VERY tearful - the crying
sounds had been SO very sad initially - but whatever it was that needed
some human attention had found it, and seemed to be content enough to
continue on to wherever was next on it's journey. Towards the end, I
told the kitty that I loved it and would love to help it out, and hoped
that it was happy and healthy and safe and comfortable, and the sounds
just faded out completely. My 3 cats and 3 dogs started to relax as soon
as the sounds stopped.

I'm still not exactly sure what that was all about, but the crying ghost
cat never returned.

The only other really unusual pet-related encounter in that house was
much more brief. On a really foggy day - fog so thick I could barelymake
out the house across the street - I was standing in the driveway
enjoying the silence. I heard a dog trotting down the sidewalk on the
other side of the street - license jingling on the collar, nails
clicking on the sidewalk - and since it was so foggy it seemed quite
normal that I couldn't see the dog. I listened to it head down towards
the end of the street (the street we were on was a cul de sac), then
about a minute later I heard it on my side of the street, heading up
towards me. It got closer, and closer, until I could even hear the dog
pant as it trotted. I heard it reach my driveway, come part way up the
driveway, loop around me and back to the sidewalk, and continue up the
street. The strange part of this was that when the dog was looping
around me - like, no more than 2 or 3 feet from me - there was still
nothing to be seen.

Dan

Old October 1st 03, 10:48 PM
KS

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:

Please tell me more. Did either your brother or your mom see the ghost cat, or
they felt it? Do you know who the ghost cat is?

No, they never saw it, and they have no idea who it is. My brother is a
stringer photographer for his local newspaper, and he has an absolutely
beautiful camera. One night after ghost cat had been coming regularly
for a couple of months he set up his camera and flash, focused ont he
foot of the bed, with a really long cable release. That night, when he
felt ghost cat get settled in, he squeezed the cable release and took a
photo. When he developed it he got a streak of light at the foot of the
bed where ghost cat would have been.

WOW!!

When he took that photo, ghost cat stopped coming. That's when it took a
few months break. He was quite relieved a few months later when it returned.

It was scared off by the flash.

Just going by the size, it's possible that it could be a small dog. But
Pat and my mom both insist that for some unexplainable reason it just
feels like a cat. And for the record, they are both primarily dog folks.

I can accept intuition.

How did you assist the ghost kitty that you encountered?

This was maybe 15 years ago, when I was still married to my now-ex wife.

(I thought you were Nancy. Ooops.)

[...]

Incredible, even if it had been a dream, which I'm assuming it wasn't.

[...]

Another WOW! You're bringing me closer to believing. If only Spook
could/would.

Thanks.

Kami

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com
Old October 1st 03, 11:02 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

photo. When he developed it he got a streak of light at the foot of the
bed where ghost cat would have been.

WOW!!

That's what we thought, too!

When he took that photo, ghost cat stopped coming. That's when it took a
few months break. He was quite relieved a few months later when it returned.

It was scared off by the flash.

Our assumption as well.

(I thought you were Nancy. Ooops.)

No problem! I know there are more females than males in this group. And
I'm comfortable being one of the few guys totally nutso about kitties.

I'm still not exactly sure what that was all about, but the crying ghost
cat never returned.

Incredible, even if it had been a dream, which I'm assuming it wasn't.

Definitely wasn't that. Was very real, and very moving.

street. The strange part of this was that when the dog was looping
around me - like, no more than 2 or 3 feet from me - there was still
nothing to be seen.

Another WOW! You're bringing me closer to believing. If only Spook
could/would.

That encounter with the dog wasn't nearly as striking as the one with
the kitty, but was still quite an experience. I've forwarded your e-mail
to my brother, asking him if I've left any important details out of his
encounter.

I've never had a visit from a deceased cat or dog in which I could
identify who the animal was. Just from apparent strangers. My brother is
more prone to encounters of that sort (having also received visits
from our grandfather and our dad after their deaths). If he has more
specific instances to recount, I'll be sure to e-mail them to you.

These things that we've encountered have absolutely convinced me of the
reality of the Rainbow Bridge, and have made it much easier for me to
deal with the loss of the pets I've loved so deeply.

Dan

Old October 1st 03, 11:10 PM
KS

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:

(I thought you were Nancy. Ooops.)

No problem! I know there are more females than males in this group. And
I'm comfortable being one of the few guys totally nutso about kitties.

:-)

I'm still not exactly sure what that was all about, but the crying ghost
cat never returned.

Incredible, even if it had been a dream, which I'm assuming it wasn't.

Definitely wasn't that. Was very real, and very moving.

I'm sure.

street. The strange part of this was that when the dog was looping
around me - like, no more than 2 or 3 feet from me - there was still
nothing to be seen.

Another WOW! You're bringing me closer to believing. If only Spook
could/would.

That encounter with the dog wasn't nearly as striking as the one with
the kitty, but was still quite an experience. I've forwarded your e-mail

It's striking enough.

to my brother, asking him if I've left any important details out of his
encounter.

Thanks.

I've never had a visit from a deceased cat or dog in which I could
identify who the animal was. Just from apparent strangers. My brother is
more prone to encounters of that sort (having also received visits
from our grandfather and our dad after their deaths). If he has more
specific instances to recount, I'll be sure to e-mail them to you.

I wonder why these wonderful (I'm assuming) encounters happen to just some
people.

These things that we've encountered have absolutely convinced me of the
reality of the Rainbow Bridge, and have made it much easier for me to
deal with the loss of the pets I've loved so deeply.

Dan

I'm thinking now that the footsteps I felt on the bed might have been another
ghost kitty.... cause I've felt them before a couple of times.

The scratching on the chair was more Spook-like.

Kami

--
email: furpods at mindspring dot com