Cat Meowing

Old July 29th 03, 12:56 AM
Debbie Bouthiette

Default Cat Meowing

I have a cat that just doesn't stop meowing. He mostly does it because he
wants to go outside. We'd like him to be an indoor cat since all our other
cats were indoor cats and we believe they live a healthier life indoors. I
even tried to let him outside today in our fenced in yard and while I was
watching his every move and he meowed through the whole adventure. Does
anyone have any suggestion in how to keep him from this excessive meowing or
know why he's doing it so much?

Debbie and Pepper

Old July 29th 03, 05:55 AM
Cat Protector

Is this cat neutered? Also how much time do you spend with him? Usually
giving cats plenty of activities inside will help curb their appetite for
going outside. Also, why not try talking to your feline as well to find out
why he is meowing so much.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old July 29th 03, 06:08 AM
Sherry

I have a cat that just doesn't stop meowing. He mostly does it because he
wants to go outside. We'd like him to be an indoor cat since all our other
cats were indoor cats and we believe they live a healthier life indoors. I
even tried to let him outside today in our fenced in yard and while I was
watching his every move and he meowed through the whole adventure. Does
anyone have any suggestion in how to keep him from this excessive meowing or
know why he's doing it so much?

Debbie and Pepper

I think he's just communicating. Especially since he continues to meow even
after he's outside. Some cats are just more vocal--is he by any chance Siamese,
or a Siamese mix?

Sherry

Old July 30th 03, 03:29 AM
izy aranh

My cat hardly ever meows and even when he does on a rare occasion it
is barely audible at all...he does however purr very VERY loud and at
the slightest touch or even just walking into the room he is in, an
extremely affectionate kitty he is. I actually used to think maybe
something was wrong as a cat that does not meow something must be up,
but I had him checked by my vet and she said all is fine some cats are
just this way.
I think I pretty much got a sweet deal here don't know if it would
be so if he never purred though.

Old July 30th 03, 06:16 AM
Susan Garvin

"Debbie Bouthiette" wrote in message
I have a cat that just doesn't stop meowing. He mostly does it because

he
wants to go outside. We'd like him to be an indoor cat since all our

other
cats were indoor cats and we believe they live a healthier life indoors.

even tried to let him outside today in our fenced in yard and while I was
watching his every move and he meowed through the whole adventure. Does
anyone have any suggestion in how to keep him from this excessive meowing

or
know why he's doing it so much?

Debbie and Pepper

Our Orion meows loudly when he wants to go outside. However, he stops as
soon as I pick up his leash. If I don't want to take him out, a squirt of
water anywhere in his immediate vicinity makes him be quiet.

I agree with you about the indoor thing. We inherited our cats two years
ago, and their original owner had never let them out. We kept them in until
we moved last winter. Our new neighborhood has many cats who are either
housepets allowed outdoor or strays. Orion started howling when he saw
other cats outside, so I got him a leash and halter. He wants to go out
badly enough to tolerate the halter.

Our other cat, Larry, does not want to go outside under any circumstances.
Her insistent meowing happens when she carries her favorite toy (a drain
chain) around. Does anyone know why she howls then?

Susan

Old July 30th 03, 10:03 PM
Cat Protector

My cat Jade purrs a lot more than she meows. The only time she seems to meow
is when I pick her up or when it is treat time. She also meows when I ask
her something or if she is in a room all alone. Other than that she is
pretty quiet.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
om...