Cats in the oven

Old February 18th 04, 03:38 AM
Victor Martinez

Default Cats in the oven

I usually roast a chicken once a week. The first night we eat the breast
and wing with a salad, and the next day I use the thigh and leg meat for
quesadillas or something. We can't leave half a chicken on the kitchen
counter, or it will become cat food. It's happened a couple of times. So
now I leave the uneaten half in the oven, with the door ajar. We were
watching a movie (Anything Else, a funny Woody Allen film) and when Tom
got up to do the dishes, guess who was *inside* the oven eating chicken?
Go ahead, take a guess.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 18th 04, 04:04 AM
Marina

"Victor Martinez" wrote
I usually roast a chicken once a week. The first night we eat the breast
and wing with a salad, and the next day I use the thigh and leg meat for
quesadillas or something. We can't leave half a chicken on the kitchen
counter, or it will become cat food. It's happened a couple of times. So
now I leave the uneaten half in the oven, with the door ajar. We were
watching a movie (Anything Else, a funny Woody Allen film) and when Tom
got up to do the dishes, guess who was *inside* the oven eating chicken?
Go ahead, take a guess.

LOL! Not Rufous?

--
Marina

Old February 18th 04, 06:04 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:38:52 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

I usually roast a chicken once a week. The first night we eat the breast
and wing with a salad, and the next day I use the thigh and leg meat for
quesadillas or something. We can't leave half a chicken on the kitchen
counter, or it will become cat food. It's happened a couple of times. So
now I leave the uneaten half in the oven, with the door ajar. We were
watching a movie (Anything Else, a funny Woody Allen film) and when Tom
got up to do the dishes, guess who was *inside* the oven eating chicken?
Go ahead, take a guess.

Next time try the refrigerator.
Old February 18th 04, 06:55 AM
Mischief

Meow!! Good for you!!

Silly hoomin trying to hide food where we can't get it. Once I was
roaming on the counters and saw this BIG metal bowl on Mama Kristi
calls a "stoaf" Anyways, I first made sure no one was looking, and
then peeked inside.

I smelled tomatoes, some odd spices and what was that? Beef!! I
love beef! But what was it doing swiming in red stuff? So I decided
to taste test it to see what it was.

To my surprise, it was quite yummy, I was just starting to get some
more when the evil hoomins caught me. HMPH!

Another time I was investigating and there was this white, flimsy
container on the counter. It was closed, but I smelled something
delicious inside, so I managed to get it open. I sampled a piece and
jumped down to the floor to eat it.

But halfway through I decided not to finish it and just left it there.
I would have gotten away with it, but it left a funny taste in my
mouth and Mama Kristi caught me licking my lips and immediately went
to the kitchen. Caught again!

How unfair is it that Imp and I get the canned brown stuff, while the
hoomins hide the good stuff?

Meows to all,

Mischief

Author's note: *sigh* Mischief sampled my spaghetti sauce while
still in the pot, and my chinese take-out from the styrofoam
container.

Little varmint!
Old February 18th 04, 08:23 AM
Fat Freddy

That story reminds me of the time we bought a frozen turkey for
Thanksgiving and put it on top of the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
The next morning it was pretty well thawed out. It was also pretty well
eaten and Puffy was asleep beside it with her stomach as big as a
basketball.
Old February 18th 04, 06:21 PM
m. L. Briggs

On 18 Feb 2004 02:23:06 -0600, Fat Freddy wrote:

That story reminds me of the time we bought a frozen turkey for
Thanksgiving and put it on top of the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
The next morning it was pretty well thawed out. It was also pretty well
eaten and Puffy was asleep beside it with her stomach as big as a
basketball.

For he---alth's sake, never thaw a turkey outside the fridge!
Old February 18th 04, 10:05 PM
Jette Goldie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
I usually roast a chicken once a week. The first night we eat the breast
and wing with a salad, and the next day I use the thigh and leg meat for
quesadillas or something. We can't leave half a chicken on the kitchen
counter, or it will become cat food. It's happened a couple of times. So
now I leave the uneaten half in the oven, with the door ajar. We were
watching a movie (Anything Else, a funny Woody Allen film) and when Tom
got up to do the dishes, guess who was *inside* the oven eating chicken?
Go ahead, take a guess.

LOL

You will learn! SHUT THE DOOR!

Actually I find the microwave a handy cat-safe.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old February 18th 04, 10:05 PM
Jette Goldie

"Fat Freddy" wrote in message
That story reminds me of the time we bought a frozen turkey for
Thanksgiving and put it on top of the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
The next morning it was pretty well thawed out. It was also pretty well
eaten and Puffy was asleep beside it with her stomach as big as a
basketball.

Giggle

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old February 19th 04, 01:09 AM
JP Hobbs

Victor Martinez wrote in message
I usually roast a chicken once a week. The first night we eat the breast
and wing with a salad, and the next day I use the thigh and leg meat for
quesadillas or something. We can't leave half a chicken on the kitchen
counter, or it will become cat food. It's happened a couple of times. So
now I leave the uneaten half in the oven, with the door ajar. We were
watching a movie (Anything Else, a funny Woody Allen film) and when Tom
got up to do the dishes, guess who was *inside* the oven eating chicken?
Go ahead, take a guess.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
when I was a kid , we usedto have coal fires of course, they had a

fire oven at one side and a hob at the other to stand a big iron kettle
on, one morning Dad lit the fire without checking the oven,*it was off the
latch at night, so he'd just closed it.* It was mid winter and very cold,
and apparently
the cat had crawled in the still warm oven to keep warm sometime during the
night, Dad loved his cat, and looked round for it to give him some breakfast
and for some reason looked in the oven and found Whiskers curled up
in there, fortunately the oven hadn't got really hot yet, but I dread to
think
what would have happened if Dad had not looked. After that the oven
was always latched at night. Jean

Email me he