your cat in 1 word

Old October 7th 04, 06:16 PM
Mary

"ceb" wrote

Here's the link to her Catster page, featuring the obligatory glamour
shot and devil-eyes shot:

http://www.catster.com/?58131

Wow, she is pretty. I followed many of the links to other cat photos and
read some of the bios--I bookmarked your site for reading later. You have a
real knack for capturing cats' personalities in photos! Garfunkle's kitten
pic just kills me, as does Bobbcats, and Isis is lovely. Flashlight, in the
second photo, has a smile that made me laugh! I liked her story, too. Great
cats site, thanks for putting it together and sharing.
--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead

Old October 7th 04, 06:53 PM
ceb

"Mary" wrote in
. com:

"ceb" wrote

Here's the link to her Catster page, featuring the obligatory glamour
shot and devil-eyes shot:

http://www.catster.com/?58131

Wow, she is pretty.

Thank you -- I think so too. I am working on getting some more pictures
of her now that she is more relaxed -- I see her big white belly on a
regular basis and need to get a photo.

I followed many of the links to other cat photos
and read some of the bios--I bookmarked your site for reading later.
You have a real knack for capturing cats' personalities in photos!
Garfunkle's kitten pic just kills me, as does Bobbcats, and Isis is
lovely. Flashlight, in the second photo, has a smile that made me
laugh! I liked her story, too. Great cats site, thanks for putting it
together and sharing.

Catster is amazing and addictive -- it's not my site, anyone can create a
page for their cat(s) on it -- Rosalie is the only cat I have so that's
the only page I can claim any credit for. The links are to other cats who
asked to be her friends. Also there's a link to my dog Zoe's Dogster
page.

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead

Old October 7th 04, 07:13 PM
Mary

"ceb" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in
. com:

http://www.catster.com/?58131

Wow, she is pretty.

Thank you -- I think so too. I am working on getting some more pictures

of her now that she is more relaxed -- I see her big white belly on a
regular basis and need to get a photo.

I will look forward to that!

Catster is amazing and addictive -- it's not my site, anyone can create a

page for their cat(s) on it -- Rosalie is the only cat I have so that's the
only page I can claim any credit for.

Oh, I see! Well thanks for introducing me to Catster, it is neat! Dogster
too. I live in Raleigh, NC, by the way, and get to VA on a regular basis as
I have family there.

Old October 7th 04, 08:22 PM
Laila

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:54:42 +0000 (UTC), ceb
wrote:

"Mary" wrote in
.com:

Here's the link to her Catster page, featuring the obligatory glamour
shot and devil-eyes shot:

http://www.catster.com/?58131

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead

aawww! i love the one where she's holding the snaky toy in her teeth!
Shaina picks up hers, that's on a long handle and carries it around
the apartment and follows us so that we play with her.

-L
"Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination."

"A good philosopher is one who does not take ideas seriously."

"If the world is irrational, we can never know it--either it or its irrationality."

"Humility is a virtue when you have no other."

"The more fantastic an ideology or theology, the more fanatic are its adherents."

"The missionaries go forth to Christianize the savages--as if the savages weren't dangerous enough already."

"If the end does not justify the means--what can?"

"Reason has seldom failed us because it has seldom been tried."

"Is there a God? Who knows? Is there an angry unicorn on the dark side of the moon?"

"Whatever we cannot easily understand we call God; this saves much wear and tear on the brain tissues."

"Christian theology: nothing so grotesque could possibly be true."

"Only a fool is astonished by the foolishness of mankind."

"I hate intellectual discussion. When I hear the words `phenomenology' or `structuralism', I reach for my buck knife."

"When I hear the word `culture', I reach for my checkbook."

"From the point of view of a tapeworm, man was created by God to serve the appetite of the tapeworm."

"What's the difference between the Lone Ranger and God? There really is a Lone Ranger."

"What did Jesus say to the headwaiter at the Last Supper? `Separate checks, please.'"

"Every analysis leaves a residue of the unknown; this we call God or Karma or--depending on time and place--the UFO. (Unidentified ****ing Object)."

"Every man has two vocations: his own and philosophy."

"Through logic and inference we can prove anything. Therefore, logic and inference, in contrast to ordinary daily living experience, are secondary instruments of knowledge. Probably tertiary."

"Proverbs save us the trouble of thinking. What we call folk wisdom is often no more than a kind of expedient stupidity."

"Appearance *versus* reality? Appearance *is* reality, God damn it!"

"In both metaphysics and art, honesty is the best policy. Keep it clean."

"Mormonism: Nothing so hilarious could possibly be true. Or all bad."

"Nothing could be more reckless than to base one's moral philosophy on the latest pronouncements of science."

"My cousin Elroy spent seven years as an IBM taper staring at THINK signs on the walls before he finally got a good idea: He quit."

"My computer tells me that in twenty-five years there will be no more computers."

"We are all ONE, say the gurus. Aye, I might agree--but one WHAT?"

"Fantastic doctrines (like Christianity or Islam or Marxism) require unanimity of belief. One dissenter casts doubt on the creed of millions. Thus the fear and the hate; thus the torture chamber, the iron stake, the gallows, the labor camp, the psychiatric ward."

"God is love? Not bloody likely."
"Metaphysics is a cobweb that the mind weaves around things."

"The world is older and bigger than we are. This is a hard truth for some folks to swallow."

"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense. But men of intellect will believe anything-- if it appeals to their ego, their vanity, their sense of self-importance."

"What ideal, immutable Platonic cloud could equal the beauty and perfection of any ordinary everyday cloud floating over, say, Tuba City, Arizona, on a hot day in June?"

"Zen: the sound of the ax chopping. Chopping logic."

"The function of an ideal is not to be realized but, like that of the North Star, to serve as a guiding point."

"This world may be only illusion--but it's the only illusion we've got."

"Is a mirage real? Well, it's a real mirage."

"Truth is merely common sense, say the naive realist. Really? Then where, precisely, is the location of--a rainbow? In the air? In the eye? In between? Or somewhere else?"
Old October 7th 04, 08:22 PM
Laila

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:54:42 +0000 (UTC), ceb
wrote:

"Mary" wrote in
.com:

Old October 7th 04, 08:50 PM
ceb

Laila wrote in news:7q5bm01c8qjqb1iij39vrlcm8oa4i3kc46
@4ax.com:

aawww! i love the one where she's holding the snaky toy in her teeth!
Shaina picks up hers, that's on a long handle and carries it around
the apartment and follows us so that we play with her.

Rosalie loves that toy! When she first came to live with me and Zoe (the
dog), she was terrified of everything -- but I could lure her anywhere with
the Cat Charmer -- it was pretty funny -- obviously, the love of play
trumps fear every time!

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead