At Last and Much Too Soon, the Parrots are Relocated

Old November 27th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default At Last and Much Too Soon, the Parrots are Relocated

We knew we should give up the birds. Even if we had unusually long and
healthy life-spans they would need new homes eventually. Their new
Mommy loves them and so does her little boy. They have two dogs and
four rats, so they are certified animal-lovers. And we can VISIT.
Initially, Eddy was going to this lady's mom but then they decided to
keep them together. The mom has a cockatiel that runs around loose and
I don't have _complete_ confidence that Eddy wouldn't hurt the little
bird. I don't THINK he would but better that he live with Buddy, whom
he knows and who can more than hold her own with him.

The little boy fell in love with Little Samantha-dog and she thinks we
should acquire a kid that age but that's not going to happen.

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 27th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
We knew we should give up the birds. Even if we had unusually long and
healthy life-spans they would need new homes eventually. Their new
Mommy loves them and so does her little boy. They have two dogs and
four rats, so they are certified animal-lovers. And we can VISIT.
Initially, Eddy was going to this lady's mom but then they decided to
keep them together. The mom has a cockatiel that runs around loose and
I don't have _complete_ confidence that Eddy wouldn't hurt the little
bird. I don't THINK he would but better that he live with Buddy, whom
he knows and who can more than hold her own with him.

The little boy fell in love with Little Samantha-dog and she thinks we
should acquire a kid that age but that's not going to happen.

--

I have never had a parrot but once upon a time I met one and she was totally
amazing, she seemed to understand everything that was said.

Old November 28th 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 09:11:05 -0800 (PST), Will in New Haven
wrote:

We knew we should give up the birds. Even if we had unusually long and
healthy life-spans they would need new homes eventually. Their new
Mommy loves them and so does her little boy. They have two dogs and
four rats, so they are certified animal-lovers. And we can VISIT.
Initially, Eddy was going to this lady's mom but then they decided to
keep them together. The mom has a cockatiel that runs around loose and
I don't have _complete_ confidence that Eddy wouldn't hurt the little
bird. I don't THINK he would but better that he live with Buddy, whom
he knows and who can more than hold her own with him.

The little boy fell in love with Little Samantha-dog and she thinks we
should acquire a kid that age but that's not going to happen.

Normally, we outlive our pets, much to our sorrow.

It must be hard to give up your parrots, even if it is what is best for
them, and they are going to a good home.

I'm sorry that you had to do it, even if it was the right thing to do

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 29th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wrote:
[...]

Holly, the adopter, says that they huddled in their cages last night
without saying anything. They were quiet most of the morning but
started chattering between themselves around noon. Then Buddy and her
little boy started saying "happy birthday" "to you" back and forth.
Eddy imitated our phone ringing, which didn't fool them because theirs
sounds different but they were _floored_ when Eddy answered his own
ring and said "hello, how are you," followed by one side of a
conversation, some of it in English.

--
Will in New Haven

Old November 29th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 29/11/2010 02:07, Will in New Haven wrote:
Holly, the adopter, says that they huddled in their cages last night
without saying anything. They were quiet most of the morning but
started chattering between themselves around noon. Then Buddy and her
little boy started saying "happy birthday" "to you" back and forth.
Eddy imitated our phone ringing, which didn't fool them because theirs
sounds different but they were _floored_ when Eddy answered his own
ring and said "hello, how are you," followed by one side of a
conversation, some of it in English.

Sounds to me like they are settling in and starting to play b*st*rd bird
tricks on their new humans.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old November 29th 10, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 28, 11:54*pm, Marina wrote:
On 29/11/2010 02:07, Will in New Haven wrote:

Holly, the adopter, says that they huddled in their cages last night
without saying anything. They were quiet most of the morning but
started chattering between themselves around noon. Then Buddy and her
little boy started saying "happy birthday" "to you" back and forth.
Eddy imitated our phone ringing, which didn't fool them because theirs
sounds different but they were _floored_ when Eddy answered his own
ring and said "hello, how are you," followed by one side of a
conversation, some of it in English.

Sounds to me like they are settling in and starting to play b*st*rd bird
tricks on their new humans.

Poor Eddy's phone imitation sounds like _our_ phone and not theirs. So
he will never again get to see me fall down the stairs running to
answer the parrot. We are going to visit them in a few weeks. Any
sooner and it might make it somewhat harder for them to adapt,
although the little boy is very good with them already.

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 29th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 28, 7:56*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Bet that was one surprised little boy.

Well, he'd seen me say "happy birthday" and Buddy answer "to you" and
vice versa. He hadn't seen the parrots do the back and forth between
themselves but he was told. He is very happy with them, even if he
isn't all that surprised. And he has promised to help his mom with the
cleaning, which is a major project.

He was there one of the times that I offered my wrist to Eddy and was
about to tell him "step up" when BUDDY chimed in with "step up." Buddy
also says "step up" to da Bear, which always gives me an image of poor
Buddy holding a one hundred pound lab on his wing.

--
Will in New Haven

Old November 29th 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

On Nov 28, 11:54*pm, Marina wrote:
On 29/11/2010 02:07, Will in New Haven wrote:

Holly, the adopter, says that they huddled in their cages last night
without saying anything. They were quiet most of the morning but
started chattering between themselves around noon. Then Buddy and her
little boy started saying "happy birthday" "to you" back and forth.
Eddy imitated our phone ringing, which didn't fool them because theirs
sounds different but they were _floored_ when Eddy answered his own
ring and said "hello, how are you," followed by one side of a
conversation, some of it in English.

Sounds to me like they are settling in and starting to play b*st*rd bird
tricks on their new humans.

Poor Eddy's phone imitation sounds like _our_ phone and not theirs. So
he will never again get to see me fall down the stairs running to
answer the parrot.

"What's wrong with these stupid people who don't run like they're
supposed to when I do the phone-ringing sound?"

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.