Cat Sitting

Old June 21st 05, 04:00 PM
Cat Protector

Default Cat Sitting

I was considering doing cat sitting to make some extra money this summer as
well as get even more involved in helping cats. There appears to be a big
need for it and with my love of cats I figured why not. What does everyone
else think? It seems that doing stuff like this is getting to be the big
thing now. Of course what is a fair price for the service? I don't want to
charge anyone too much if I decide to do it.

Old June 21st 05, 04:27 PM
JQ

Hi, where are you located? I agree this is a good idea, no one wants to
bring their cats to a kennel and leave them caged up in jail while
they're away on holidays enjoying themselves. You should pursue this,
just post your advertisement in vets and they'll recommend you.
Jacquie

Old June 21st 05, 04:28 PM
JQ

My cat sitter charges $20/hr. Stays for 45 minutes and 15 minutes for
driving.

Old June 21st 05, 04:42 PM
Cat Protector

I am in Scottsdale, AZ. I am thinking of charging $25 per day for the
service which includes 2 visits per day which would include feeding and
watering, cleaning litterbox, playing with them, and of course giving them
meds (I only know how to do oral meds but not actual injections). I don't
want to overcharge anyone and still give them the service they need.

ups.com...

Old June 21st 05, 04:49 PM

Mine charges =A312 for 2 visits per day, plus =A32 for each injection,
which I think is a bit steep as it only takes about an extra 1 minute
to do it, but she's a vet nurse and most of my friends/neighbours won't
do the injection part. I have one friend who the cat loves big time so
he does it when he can. The nurses are good though, very professional
and they leave a detailed report when I get back, they also change the
litter and will do other things if required but charge extra. A nice
little earner all round really, if you have a few in the same area, can
work out to earning about =A360 an hour, but I suppose it's not regular.

Old June 21st 05, 05:01 PM
Cat Protector

How much is that in U.S. Dollars?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
wrote in message
oups.com...
Mine charges £12 for 2 visits per day, plus £2 for each injection,
which I think is a bit steep as it only takes about an extra 1 minute
to do it, but she's a vet nurse and most of my friends/neighbours won't
do the injection part. I have one friend who the cat loves big time so
he does it when he can. The nurses are good though, very professional
and they leave a detailed report when I get back, they also change the
litter and will do other things if required but charge extra. A nice
little earner all round really, if you have a few in the same area, can
work out to earning about £60 an hour, but I suppose it's not regular.

Old June 21st 05, 05:33 PM
Elle

"Cat Protector" wrote
I am in Scottsdale, AZ. I am thinking of charging $25 per day for the
service which includes 2 visits per day which would include feeding and
watering, cleaning litterbox, playing with them, and of course giving them
meds (I only know how to do oral meds but not actual injections). I don't
want to overcharge anyone and still give them the service they need.

I am out West, and $25/day is more than what anyone around here charges,
including one gal I know who is licensed and insured for this service.

Check what the local "kitty condo resorts" charge in your area for daily
care. Last year mine charged $12 to $15 a day for one cat. Also, definitely
adjust the rate for clients who are well off what could become your regular
route, based on the extra mileage. Driving costs and the value of your time
(drive time + pet visit time) are probably what you should base the fee on.
Figure maybe $7 an hour for your time and maybe $0.15/mile, assuming you
have other clients along your route. Or use some other formula for mileage.

Old June 21st 05, 06:19 PM
Cat Protector

One person in my area actually charges $20 per hour for her services which
includes travel time. I would think $25 per day for two one hour visits
(morning, afternoon or evening) would be a good deal. I saw on another
message board that someone posted they have a service that comes in for $15
for a 30 minute visit to care for their dogs and cats. Just what is
considered a good price here?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Elle" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Cat Protector" wrote

Old June 21st 05, 07:03 PM
Elle

If this person in your area has a lot of clients, then it seems like the $20
per hour is a good basis for your own rate. $25 for two one-hour visits
seems fair.

Just my opinion, of course. You can also check your yellow pages for kennels
in your area, call a few, and see what they charge, though of course the
personal service you're providing arguably should be more than what the
kennels charge.

Good luck.

"Cat Protector" wrote

Old June 21st 05, 07:13 PM
Cat Protector

Well, I decided that for $25 I am going to do two 30 minute visits per day
which includes watering, litterbox cleaning, feeding, playing with them and
administering oral meds. Would that be a fair deal?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com